aliens i think not

He's not even bright enough to engage in pseudo reasoned argument. Come back Happeh - all is forgiven.

Ophiolite
Slow so it is okay for you to use your foul-mouth and that is okay.
Ignorant you are in your empty world sad case or what another
with nothing better to do in life other than post on message boards
all day and night.

Get a life

Simply if an alien race is move advanced and they developed radio technology 500 years prior to us, it causes a problem. The problem is a mixture of economics and intellectual property. For instance we say Marconi created radio, this means that an entire company has been running for years on the stock market and that the entire planet has been filled with radio technology. We assume Marconi had rights to the intellectual property since he was the one that filed the patent.

The main problem with commerce theories is that it's difficult to see what we've got to offer that's worth anything to our penile-challenged little green buddies. If ET got here, then he has the ability to harness truly rediculous outbursts of energy, and he has access to interstellar resources some billion or trillion times greater than what we have here on Earth. His ability to produce gadgets will be virtually unlimited. His technology will leave ours in the dust; so unless Earth art is a galactic hot commodity, then we've got nothing ET wants or needs.

If this musing is true, then copyright infringements become irrelevent because we've got no meaningful method by which to compensate ET for violation of his alleged patent. ET therefore can't be too worked up about it, because he knows there's no way to 'collect payment' from us that holds any interest for him.

The cop out oft used here is that aliens, being alien, think differently, and we could not undersyand their motives, but that is ridiculous, as life is about controlling and utilising resources. All animals have territory, and therefore, an alien race exploring space would have a recognisable reason...

It's a subject where we all have to cut each other slack because no one really knows anything. I too tend to reject the airy-fairy theories that try to square the circle and make ET a shy but well meaning neighbour hear to help humanity. Blah, blah, blah. ET can solve the engineering problems inherent to pumping the energy output of a star through his ship, but he can't figure out 'See Spot Run'? Please.

ET presumably arose via natural selection on some far off world in the distant past. Hence his psychology, although almost certainly subjected to intensive genetic or biological engineering, will still conform to the evolutionary laws of nature known to dictate the actions of all life forms on Earth. ET puts his pants on just like the rest of us; one leg at a time.

So, yes, their motives would be 'otherwise', but as the myth merchants try and sell us otherwise, they need to come up with some reasons <that ET is here>

Yes, but these 'myth merchants' as you call them don't tend to bowl me over with their powers of deductive reasoning. Therefore I would tend to reject as false any conclusions based solely upon their failure to introduce a plausible scenario for why ET is here.

I'll give it a shot. Variables:

1) ET is held hostage to the laws of physics.
2) ET is hostile. Not "run a meteor through Earth at .9c" hostile, more like "1950's Cold War standoffish x 100" hostile. He doesn't trust us, nor ever will.
3) ET's nearest major base is, say, 3,000 light years from here.

All three of these are speculative, but I do think you'll grant that they aren't unreasonable or unlikely? ET might be a brainaic, but he's not a magician. He can't travel faster than the speed of light because nothing can. He can't trust us, because treachery and violence are inherent, hard-wired traits rooted in our basic biology - and ET knows our brain chemistry backwards and forwards. The odds do not favour his base of operations just happening to be right on top of us, do they? The galaxy is over 100,000 light years across.

I propose that ET will come here because he is a slave of Einstein's Relativity and is motivated by the security dilemma posed by the fact that we exist. ET cannot - ever - move faster than 1 light year per year. Therefore, if ET stays home at his speculated closest major base, he cannot arrive at our doorstep any time he feels like it; he will take 3,000 years to get here, and not a moment less.

Last time I checked, we've gone from crude steam power to putting probes out of the solar system in less than 200 years.

So my riddle is this: Within the context of the three variables I propose above, how does ET protect his security interests unless he comes here before our technological base explodes exponentially? His closest settled planet is a hypothetical 3,000 years away. But he knows we might not need 3,000 years to figure things out and escape our Solar System. And then, how the hell is he going to put the cork back in the bottle when we have 200 billion suns in this galaxy alone to hide amongst?

The assymetry that I propose is the limitation on ET's movement imposed by the speed of light juxtaposed to our speed of technical progress. ET has to be here now because our technology is moving ahead far, far faster than ET can move between the stars. If he's just now grabbing his coat and running for his Foo Fighter 3,000 years from here, then ET just gave us 3,000 unsupervised years to figure out a star drive and blow this joint, did he not?

lsufos said:
Ophiolite
Slow so it is okay for you to use your foul-mouth and that is okay.
Ignorant you are in your empty world sad case or what another
with nothing better to do in life other than post on message boards
all day and night.

Get a life

And what are you doing exactly? If not posting on a message board?

The sad thing is, you are wasting your life on this fallcious UFO stuff.
The rest of us have spent our time learning a few facts. Our facts pose problems for your beliefs. So it's you, that's the sad case. You _need_ UFOs to exist to augment your sad existence.

Ignorant you are in your empty world

My god, this kid talks like Yoda. That is really sad.

Last edited:
The term "belief" refers to a mental acceptance of the truth of some proposition, idea, statement, or fact. When a person believes X, this means that they accept the truth of X. It does not mean, however, that they are convinced of this truth with absolute certainty - belief might go only a little ways, or it might be absolute.

Atheists, I WOULD NOT LIKE TO BE ONE, AND COME ON TO MESSAGE BOARDS TRYING TO PUT A OUTDATED BELIEF UPON OTHERS.

SAD GETS, GET A LIFE,GROW UP,OR YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANYTHING POSTING YOUR LIFE AWAY.

Hey, lsufos, did you cut and paste the first sentence from somewhere, because it's just not your style. IE, it makes sense and there are none of your usual horrendous errors.

Do you also believe in god, lsufos? In which case, which god(s)? Some? All?

You must have no one to talk with, as before i must not reply to an asshole.

IGNORE the one with no belief

SAD GETS.

And the band played on and on, untill all the Atheists have there dimwit say.

Did you hear the one about the two Atheists who never went out
they never believed anything existed.

SAD GETS

Lets see:
IF A = B then C

Skeptics don't believe in Gods and Skeptics don't believe in Alien conspiracies with governments, then obviously those that don't believe in gods, don't believe in alien conspiracies.

You could suggest:
Those that believe in gods therefore believe in alien conspiracies.

The basic reason I post all of these is just how ludicrous the fundemental logic of lsufos is flawed. Since both previous statement as in error.

LSUFOS, you have nothing to say, even when I ask you questions. You really must be some retard, to have been recruited into this god/UFO cult belief system.

You keep on with this line 'we have no life', when it's you living in a fantasy world!

So, I'll ask again, which god(s) do you believe in?

Isufo's stole, quite shamelessly the above quote which he failed to actually quote.

http://atheism.about.com/library/glossary/general/bldef_belief.htm

Just another woo-woo with a closed mind, open only to his limited set of beliefs. He'll not consider the other possibilities out there.

As a side, it would be difficult to demonstrate the assertion that those who believe in gods therefore believe in alien conspiracies or even aliens, since many who believe in religious mythology have a built-in explanation for the unexplained and paranormal: such as satan, demons, angels, and other gods of Christianity as well as analogs that exist in other religions.

There are a few, however, that obviously believe in both gods and aliens and, subsequently, find the need to justify how they can co-exist. New mythologies are created that identify angels and demons as alien deities, etc.

glenn239 said:
So my riddle is this: Within the context of the three variables I propose above, how does ET protect his security interests unless he comes here before our technological base explodes exponentially? His closest settled planet is a hypothetical 3,000 years away. But he knows we might not need 3,000 years to figure things out and escape our Solar System. And then, how the hell is he going to put the cork back in the bottle when we have 200 billion suns in this galaxy alone to hide amongst?

The assymetry that I propose is the limitation on ET's movement imposed by the speed of light juxtaposed to our speed of technical progress. ET has to be here now because our technology is moving ahead far, far faster than ET can move between the stars. If he's just now grabbing his coat and running for his Foo Fighter 3,000 years from here, then ET just gave us 3,000 unsupervised years to figure out a star drive and blow this joint, did he not?
It's better for us than that, even.

One assumption that has to be made as well is that we would only be detected through our transmissions - e.g. radio.
Since this only really began 100 years ago, it will take the ETs another 2,900 years to receive the first of our transmissions, and then another 3,000 years to reach us should they get in their patented Light-speed ships.
So a mere 5,900 years.

And that's assuming that they're within 3,000 LY of Earth.

If they're only 50 LY away then we should expect them to arrive in the next few years!! :eek:

"Don't panic, Mr. Mainwaring! Don't panic!"

Isufo's stole, quite shamelessly the above quote which he failed to actually quote.

The term "belief" refers to a mental acceptance of the truth of some proposition, idea, statement, or fact. When a person believes X, this means that they accept the truth of X. It does not mean, however, that they are convinced of this truth with absolute certainty - belief might go only a little ways, or it might be absolute.

NEVER USED Quick reply
Uesd word, sorry about your theory.
Skinwalker,
Like the rest FULL OF DOGMA OR IS IT DOG SHIT

Telescope bid to spot alien beams

But like i said you got to belief to go looking
like these scientists.

NOTHING LIKE YOU BOYS/GIRLS WITH NO BELIEF IN ANYTHING YOU WOULD NOT LOOK.

Telescope bid to spot alien beams

A new optical telescope designed solely to detect light signals from alien civilisations has opened for work at an observatory in Harvard, US.
It will conduct a year-round survey, scanning all of the Milky Way galaxy visible in the Northern Hemisphere.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4907308.stm

Atheists, I WOULD NOT LIKE TO BE ONE, AND COME ON TO MESSAGE BOARDS TRYING TO PUT A OUTDATED BELIEF UPON OTHERS.

SAD GETS, GET A LIFE,GROW UP,OR YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANYTHING POSTING YOUR LIFE AWAY.

Back