aliens i think not

I think it should be agreed upon that members of sciforums post in English. Am I the only one that is having difficulty understanding what isufos is saying? It would seem that he is not a native English speaker... perhaps Italian is his native language?

Sorry, isufos, but your posts are more gibberish than even duendy's are.

SW, I don't mind the poor English as much when it appears that the poster has a clue. In Isufos' case (Happeh?), there isn't even a hint of a clue.

UFO means "Unidentified Flying Object". That means that if it's in the air, and you can't identify it, it's a UFO. It doesn't matter what the object actually is. UFO's are, in fact, unidentified flying objects. I don't care what they are, whether they be alien spacecraft, government experimental aircraft, time machines, interdimensional craft, angels, remote control toys, bees, etc... it doesn't matter.

As far as the claim that alien life doesn't exist, that's patently ridiculous. Statistically speaking it is extremely likely that living things that do not live on the Earth exist. Whether they are intelligent or not is irrelevant. I don't care, and neither should you, not until we get a signal from another star or the mothership lands in Central Park for all the world to see. That's my two cents.

I'd say it does indeed matter if aliens are visiting Earth in their spaceships, however they are not, or so we can deduce from available information.

skinwalker,
You should have fixed it.

It was there for you and your own gibberish.

GET A LIFE,GET OUT MORE, ITS REAL LIFE OUTHERE

One assumption that has to be made as well is that we would only be detected through our transmissions - e.g. radio.

No, your assumption is unsustainable. The galaxy is 12 billion years old, so there is no reason whatever to assume that ET can't also be billions of years old. That's more than enough time for him to have searched the stars and found us.

ET has to be here now because our technology is moving ahead far, far faster than ET can move between the stars.

Well, you guys asked for a rock-solid reason why ET wants to be here. There it is.

Comments please.

No, I really don't think it matters if aliens are visiting the Earth in their spaceships unless they are interfereing in our affairs in a significant manner. If they are visiting us then it is obviously just for observation, so it doesn't matter. I don't think they are, however, because the evidence is little more than slightly intriguing and not conclusive, and that I can't think of a good reason why they should be interested on large scale observation is a good enough counterargument. Also, I have become extremely annoyed at the whole "aliens are super human and they have been around for billions of years longer than human beings because they are semi-divine and somehow beyonds all human comprehension and there is no limit to their great powers" attitude. It really pisses me off and my participation in this thread could have something to do with my rejection of the concept. The assumption that all alien civilizations are more "advanced" than human civilization is also ludicrous. In fact, the very idea of advancement of civilizations is angering because it removes the development of societies from adaptation and places them into some kind arbitrary progression of history which doesn't exist. Maybe I just shouldn't post in the Pseudoscience section because it only illicits rants from me.

No, that is in fact what the pseudoscience section is for: Rants.

ANd if aliens are here, then that changes quite a lot of things. They are very likely to have some advanced technology which we could benefit from. If they are here they should be contacted, however THEY ARE NOT HERE.

And Isufos, what does it matter whether anyone is atheist or not? Surely the real issues here are
1)Your inability to type coherent sentences to effectively convey your argument.
2)Your total lack of evidence for your theories.

Last edited:
Communist Hamster said:
ANd if aliens are here, then that changes quite a lot of things. They are very likely to have some advanced technology which we could benefit from.

Yeah, like a space bus to get me off this crazy rock.

Some one call.

Do you lot never get any work done,
Did you know your Employer, has the right to look at your computer to see where you been surfing talking piss on the internet.
Or more like you sit on your fat arse, hoping your right that there is nothing but you and a few sad sick arseholes who have nothing to believe in.
Just nothing your belief is outdated, do not go out stay indoors looking everthing is not real do you ever get anything done.
Is that some one telling you to get off the computer thought i heard a call.

GET A LIFE.

lsufos said:
Or more like you sit on your fat arse, hoping your right that there is nothing but you and a few sad sick arseholes who have nothing to believe in.

Why would we need anything to believe in and have you even bothered to note that your posts outnumber most of those that have posted in this thread? Perhaps your criticisms are self-reflective?

lsufos said:
Just nothing your belief is outdated,

Not that that sentance was syntactically correct, but if I understand correctly, what beliefs, specifically, are you referring to and how do you support that they are "outdated?" Indeed, many would say it is the space alien=ufo belief that is out-dated, particularly since the world's major UFO groups have all but disbanded or dissolved. In other words, people are giving up on the "out-dated" belief of space aliens among us.

But for an anthropology major like me, who studies extreme beliefs and may even do my Master's Thesis on a related subject, I'm at work. :cool:

lsufos said:
Is that some one telling you to get off the computer thought i heard a call.

GET A LIFE.

Something about pots, kettles, and several shades of black come to mind.....

lsufos said:
Some one call.

Do you lot never get any work done,
Did you know your Employer, has the right to look at your computer to see where you been surfing talking piss on the internet.

And did you know, that some sciforums regulars work shifts, are in different time zones to you, are students, are self employed, or retired (or unemployed, like duendy)? Which accounts for them being online are certain hours of the day. Maybe if you could think, you'd have thought have that.

Or more like you sit on your fat arse,

Who is fat? Like I said, top end of BMI but it's all muscle.

hoping your right that there is nothing but you and a few sad sick arseholes who have nothing to believe in.

Ah, your beliefs make you so complete, you have no need to frequent a forum full of such losers. Oh, but wait, you keep coming back for more!

Just nothing your belief is outdated,

Creatures visiting us and fiddling with us at night is a rather outdated belief. You need to go read up on Incubi and Succubi, child.

do not go out stay indoors

Er, not true, I walk several miles each day, outdoors, and run three times per week, outdoors. I don't sit on my arse with some UFO mentor, hoping to see something weird. Does you mentor take you out into the wilderness often? Does he often show you 'somethig weird'? Do you get anally probed?

Communist Hamster said:
No, that is in fact what the pseudoscience section is for: Rants.

ANd if aliens are here, then that changes quite a lot of things. They are very likely to have some advanced technology which we could benefit from. If they are here they should be contacted, however THEY ARE NOT HERE.

I agree. They are not here. And I also agree that if they were they would have some very sophisticated technology that we could learn from, and that they would have to be contacted. Maybe I should start a separate thread where I can rant about how much I hate the prevailing attitudes about alien life... mostly because this thread has turned into a flame war, or at least the beginnings of one.

Unfortunately Jaster, most of the threads in Pseudoscience become extremely heated. Usually the topic of discussion is lost while people bicker of the lack of facts or untested beliefs that others have.

The only method to deal with such breakdown of a thread is locking it, however there were/are still a few of you outside of the "anger management" group that are trying to discuss things, which is pretty much what a forums is suppose to be about. Thus the thread stays open while those who discuss continue to do so, If you find the bickering too annoying, just use the ignore function in your preferences to remove those people that just won't stop littering the thread.

Btw, Welcome to the forum.

And did you know, that some sciforums regulars work shifts, are in different time zones to you, are students, are self employed, or retired (or unemployed, like duendy)? Which accounts for them being online are certain hours of the day. Maybe if you could think, you'd have thought have that.

So i take it you all stay in the same house, or share the same work place.

Or set the time to come online with eachother just incase you here the worlds not real.

Or more like you sit on your fat arse.

But not at the weekend your arse is to sore.

I would like to bet you are around 5foot tall, verysmall indeed, fat big arsehole for the boys, bald and wears a wig, real bad in bed you can believe that.

But and there is always one what is your own belief not much for a twat.

Last post to you, i must have told you this before

Isufos... do you need a time out to relax? I can arrange
it for you. Sit back with a glass of wine, a mug of beer or
twist one up, but please stop with the vitriolic insults.

:m: Peace.

lsufos said:
Last post to you, i must have told you this before
Do you understand the meaning of the word last?
Wiktionary said:
Adjective

last (comparative: later, superlative: latest)

1. final; after everything else; relating to a thing which comes after all other things in a series

Back