Aether Displacement

The thread itself is clutter.

Still adding no value, only clutter, to this thread. You should report yourself.

'General Relativity As an Æther Theory'
http://arxiv.org/pdf/1007.4572

Most early twentieth century relativists — Lorentz, Einstein, Eddington, for examples — claimed that general relativity was merely a theory of the æther. We shall confirm this claim by deriving the Einstein equations using æther theory.

Now we use the Kelvin theory of the æther, in which all pressures are ultimately due to the æther. Kelvin devoted an entire book [15] to various models for how to accomplish this, but for our purposes the details don’t matter. We also note that Lorentz had the same hope, to reduce all phenomena, in particular pressures of all types, to æther phenomena. So if all pressures are ultimately æther pressures, the most natural way to express this is to simply delete the superscript “æther” in the pressures in equation (19):

ρaether = (px + py + pz )/ c2 (20)

Equation (20) makes rigorous Kelvin’s belief [14] that the æther must generate gravity, but that it cannot do so in the absence of matter.

Pressure exerted by displaced aether toward matter is gravity.

. . . O.K mpc . . . I do not agree with you (as per your previous posts conjure) but I'll quit posting to YOUR THREAD (also, please do not post to MINE) . . . for the simple reason that you only want (any) responses so that you can re-post . . .re-post . . .re-post . . verbatim, the same unfounded, unproven gobbledygook, ad infinitum . . just a word of friendly advice . . . no matter how often you post the same stuff, ad nauseum, to the chagrin of the fora members, . . .you are no closer to convincing readers that your fantasies are factual (i.e., testable and proveable theory - they are, at best, hypotheses. Good luck in your endeavors, however . . . fertile minds should not be wasted on fantasies (unless you are a creative artist or fiction writer!) in our (mankind) search for the truth.

Still can't give any evidence for your claims?
Still think that repeating a stupid claim makes it valid?

Would anyone like to talk about bricks?
I have a lovely collection.

. . . O.K mpc . . . I do not agree with you (as per your previous posts conjure) but I'll quit posting to YOUR THREAD (also, please do not post to MINE) . . . for the simple reason that you only want (any) responses so that you can re-post . . .re-post . . .re-post . . verbatim, the same unfounded, unproven gobbledygook, ad infinitum . . just a word of friendly advice . . . no matter how often you post the same stuff, ad nauseum, to the chagrin of the fora members, . . .you are no closer to convincing readers that your fantasies are factual (i.e., testable and proveable theory - they are, at best, hypotheses. Good luck in your endeavors, however . . . fertile minds should not be wasted on fantasies (unless you are a creative artist or fiction writer!) in our (mankind) search for the truth.

What part of the following article's description of gravity as pressure exerted by aether toward matter are you unable to understand?

The question is rhetorical and I very much prefer you hold to your word and stay out of this thread.

Most early twentieth century relativists — Lorentz, Einstein, Eddington, for examples — claimed that general relativity was merely a theory of the æther. We shall confirm this claim by deriving the Einstein equations using æther theory.

Now we use the Kelvin theory of the æther, in which all pressures are ultimately due to the æther. Kelvin devoted an entire book [15] to various models for how to accomplish this, but for our purposes the details don’t matter. We also note that Lorentz had the same hope, to reduce all phenomena, in particular pressures of all types, to æther phenomena. So if all pressures are ultimately æther pressures, the most natural way to express this is to simply delete the superscript “æther” in the pressures in equation (19):

Equation (20) makes rigorous Kelvin’s belief [14] that the æther must generate gravity, but that it cannot do so in the absence of matter.

Still can't give any evidence for your claims?
Still think that repeating a stupid claim makes it valid?

Would anyone like to talk about bricks?
I have a lovely collection.

Still adding no value. Have you reported yourself yet?

What part of the following article's description of gravity as pressure exerted by aether toward matter are you unable to understand?

Still adding no value.
Any post that actually made sense would add value to this worthless set of unsupported claims.

Does anyone have a 1951 brick to swap or sell?
It's the only one missing from my collection.
Thanks.

Looks like MPC wants to be a martyr. I say grant his wish!:shrug:

Any post that actually made sense would add value to this worthless set of unsupported claims.

Does anyone have a 1951 brick to swap or sell?
It's the only one missing from my collection.
Thanks.

The following article describes gravity as pressure exerted by aether toward matter.

What part of the following article are you unable to understand?

Looks like MPC wants to be a martyr. I say grant his wish!:shrug:

The following article describes gravity as pressure exerted by aether toward matter.

What part of the following article are you unable to understand?

@mpc --

What???

I mean, I understand the words you're using and what they mean in science, but I don't think you do. What the hell are you talking about?

Moderator note: mpc755 has been re-banned for continuing to spam.

Obviously, this poster has learned nothing from his/her previous ban.

Maybe another 7 days off will help.

Moderator note: mpc755 has been re-banned for continuing to spam.

Obviously, this poster has learned nothing from his/her previous ban.

Maybe another 7 days off will help.

Obviously, this moderator does not understand the difference between spam and someone responding to posts which add no value to a thread.

Last edited:
Again, I understand the words you're using and what they mean in science, but you're still just talking absolute, nonsense, gibberish.

Again, I understand the words you're using and what they mean in science, but you're still just talking absolute, nonsense, gibberish.

What exactly in the article are you unable to understand?

arxiv.org/pdf/1007.4572

Moderator note: mpc75555 has been permanently banned from sciforums as a sock puppet of mpc755.

mpc755 has now been permanently banned from sciforums for creating a sock puppet to evade a ban, after previously having been explicitly warned that doing that would result in a permanently ban.

Furrther sock puppets will also be banned, of course.

That was close! If he had repeated his claim one more time, I think he would have convinced me...:D

If Rossis ecat does work, then Aether exists. It is amazing how new discoveries help us learn stuff. Bohrs circular trajectory would become a helical trajectory and the ion would have excess speed upon leaving orbit. Enough to break the coulomb Barrier? Repulsive gravity as well. It will be interesting. Schrodinger will be a sad dude.

I am a latecomer to this thread. I'm mostly interested in the obsession with an anachronism, and the subliminal use of the archaic ligature "Ae" from the Old English Latin alphabet, to seem to give it some magical quality. Presumably Merlin is invoked with this?

why even say ether? why not vacuum, if that's what you mean? or free space?

Then try to spit out the substance or matter you are incanting or whatever wizards do.

Do you mean virtual particles?

Back