Aether Displacement

Good lord, this is high school physics! Do you even know what a force is?

Let me help you out there is no net force because the surface of the ball is not moving. It is staionary because the pressure of the fluid is matched by the internal pressure of the ball, if it wasn't then the ball would collapse or expand. Since the surface of the ball in the fluid does not move there is no net force on the ball.

There is pressure exerted by the fluid toward the ball.

Look up normal force on google it might help you out.

You should really take a physics course.:rolleyes:

The ball is placed into the tank full of a superfluid. The ball is able to condense. While the ball condenses does the superfluid remain where it is? Does a void open up in the middle of the superfluid where the ball had been? No. This is evidence the superfluid exerts force toward the ball.

Take a balloon made with a very think layer. It has a certain volume in air. Now place the balloon into the tank of a superfluid. Does the balloon still maintain the same volume? No. This is evidence the superfluid exerts force toward the balloon.

The ball is placed into the tank full of a superfluid. The ball is able to condense. While the ball condenses does the superfluid remain where it is? Does a void open up in the middle of the superfluid where the ball had been? No. This is evidence the superfluid exerts force toward the ball.

What do you mean by condense?

Take a balloon made with a very think layer. It has a certain volume in air. Now place the balloon into the tank of a superfluid. Does the balloon still maintain the same volume? No. This is evidence the superfluid exerts force toward the balloon.

The balloon will contract due to the pressure of the fluid (there will be a net force collapsing the balloon) when the balloon collapses to the point where the internal pressure equals the fluid pressure the balloon will be in equilibrium and there will be NO NET FORCES on the balloon.

Now you have said "Force exerted toward matter by aether displaced by matter is gravity", which is different than the analogy with the ball and the fluid because as we all know there is no net force on the ball. So again my question is why is the aether different than your example of the ball in the fluid?:shrug:

What do you mean by condense?

The balloon will contract due to the pressure of the fluid (there will be a net force collapsing the balloon) when the balloon collapses to the point where the internal pressure equals the fluid pressure the balloon will be in equilibrium and there will be NO NET FORCES on the balloon.

Now you have said "Force exerted toward matter by aether displaced by matter is gravity", which is different than the analogy with the ball and the fluid because as we all know there is no net force on the ball. So again my question is why is the aether different than your example of the ball in the fluid?:shrug:

You stated, "It is staionary because the pressure of the fluid is matched by the internal pressure of the ball".

When you get to something as large as the Earth the pressure exerted toward the Earth by the aether displaced by the Earth is gravity.

You stated, "It is staionary because the pressure of the fluid is matched by the internal pressure of the ball".

When you get to something as large as the Earth the pressure exerted toward the Earth by the aether displaced by the Earth is gravity.

See that is the problem. The pressure will not cause an acceleration that is seen with gravity. Again, I have to go back to your analogy since you have not given a mathematical model to work with. If I were to put a little plastic army man on the outside of the ball in the fluid there would be no force acting on the little guy. He would not feel any force at all he would be in equilibrium.

Why is the aether different than this example?:shrug:

See that is the problem. The pressure will not cause an acceleration that is seen with gravity. Again, I have to go back to your analogy since you have not given a mathematical model to work with. If I were to put a little plastic army man on the outside of the ball in the fluid there would be no force acting on the little guy. He would not feel any force at all he would be in equilibrium.

Why is the aether different than this example?:shrug:

A 'field' in physics is space filled with aether and the strength of the field is the displacement of the aether from its rest position.

Really? Could you explain how this particular equation for a displacement field applies to the aether field you are discussing?

"A displacement field is an assignment of displacement vectors for all points in a region or body that is displaced from one state to another."

The aether is physically displaced from one state to another.

"A displacement field is an assignment of displacement vectors for all points in a region or body that is displaced from one state to another."

The aether is physically displaced from one point to another.

How does that manifest itself into gravity?

First you said that gravity was a super fluid (aether) whos pressure was exerting a force on the earth.
Then you said it was a 'field' due to displaced aether.
When I asked you to expound on that, you directed me to a freaking wiki page on displacement fields (mechanics).
When I asked you how this equation applied to your gravity field you copied the first line on the wiki page.

Just explain it in your own words - it is ok if it is not technical.

How does that manifest itself into gravity?

First you said that gravity was a super fluid (aether) whos pressure was exerting a force on the earth.
Then you said it was a 'field' due to displaced aether.
When I asked you to expound on that, you directed me to a freaking wiki page on displacement fields (mechanics).
When I asked you how this equation applied to your gravity field you copied the first line on the wiki page.

Just explain it in your own words - it is ok if it is not technical.

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity - Albert Einstein'
http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/rzt/it/Ether.html

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places, ... disregarding the causes which condition its state."

The state of the aether at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the aether.

"Einstein's 'First Paper'"
http://www.worldscibooks.com/etextbook/4454/4454_chap1.pdf

"The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the elastic forces which cause [its] propagation, and inversely proportional to the mass of the aether moved by these forces."

The above more correctly stated as the following.

The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the elastic forces which cause its propagation, and inversely proportional to the mass of the aether displaced by these forces.

How do you function in the real world when you are too ignorant to understand something as simple as gravity is force exerted by displaced aether toward matter?
Because I work by evidence based logic and reasoning. And I have a job where I am paid to apply evidence based logic and reasoning.

So I ask you again, do you have a job? If so, what is it? I already know Pincho is an unemployed artist.

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity - Albert Einstein'
http://www.tu-harburg.de/rzt/rzt/it/Ether.html

"the state of the [ether] is at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the ether in neighbouring places, ... disregarding the causes which condition its state."

The state of the aether at every place determined by connections with the matter and the state of the aether in neighboring places is the state of displacement of the aether.

"Einstein's 'First Paper'"
http://www.worldscibooks.com/etextbook/4454/4454_chap1.pdf

"The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the elastic forces which cause [its] propagation, and inversely proportional to the mass of the aether moved by these forces."

The above more correctly stated as the following.

The velocity of a wave is proportional to the square root of the elastic forces which cause its propagation, and inversely proportional to the mass of the aether displaced by these forces.

This is your answer to the question, "How does [the displacement field] manifest itself into gravity?"

Because I work by evidence based logic and reasoning. And I have a job where I am paid to apply evidence based logic and reasoning.

So I ask you again, do you have a job? If so, what is it? I already know Pincho is an unemployed artist.

Einstein, Newton, de Broglie and Maxwell were all referring to aether displacement, so your logic and reasoning is not very good.

Well this is just getting embarrasing. It isn't even fun anymore...

I vote cesspool.

Einstein, Newton, de Broglie and Maxwell were all referring to aether displacement, so your logic and reasoning is not very good.
And Newton thought alchemy was true and believed in Bible codes. Should we believe in them just because Newton said? Besides, there's more physicists who don't believe in aether than do, so if you want to go down the road of listing people who have at some point said something which aligns with you then you're going to come out the loser.

And you didn't answer my question.

Well this is just getting embarrasing. It isn't even fun anymore...

I vote cesspool.

I am not sure about the cesspool bit. The amusement scale for this thread goes through cycles. Let it rest a while.

It is in the pseudoscience folder and does not require the same standards of proof as it would in a science folder.

I get tired myself and then return to find something truly entertaining.

Just try not to take it so seriously. No one is going to change mpc's view in this. But the thread has raised some entertaining if not thought provoking side issues.

Let it rest.., if it deserves a real death it will die on it's own. Just don't get too invested in changing his perspective. It is a true fact that if anyone tells theirself the same thing for long enough they will begin to believe it. I think he is already there.

Still page 30 gave me the little gem,
Has your cheese slid off your cracker?

I still get a chuckle out of that one! And with Motor Daddy's permission I might use it on occasion myself.

And Newton thought alchemy was true and believed in Bible codes. Should we believe in them just because Newton said? Besides, there's more physicists who don't believe in aether than do, so if you want to go down the road of listing people who have at some point said something which aligns with you then you're going to come out the loser.

And you didn't answer my question.

Einstein, Newton, de Broglie and Maxwell all understood aether is physically displaced by matter.

Back