Aether Displacement

mpc, do you have a job? If so what is it you do? I ask because I truly wonder how you function in the real world when you struggle with basic rationality, you are demonstrably dishonest and wilfully ignorant.

mpc, do you have a job? If so what is it you do? I ask because I truly wonder how you function in the real world when you struggle with basic rationality, you are demonstrably dishonest and wilfully ignorant.

How do you function in the real world when you are too ignorant to understand something as simple as gravity is force exerted by displaced aether toward matter?

The experiment is performed in space in a closed container. The ball is placed into the middle of the tank. All of the water in the tank is displaced.
Wow.

You've outdone yourself with that answer. How do you know that all of the water is displaced? Origin did not specify the volume or size of the container, did he? I took it to mean an arbitrarily large tank, myself...

Wow.

/staggers off in a stupefied haze

Wow.

You've outdone yourself with that answer. How do you know that all of the water is displaced? Origin did not specify the volume or size of the container, did he? I took it to mean an arbitrarily large tank, myself...

Wow.

/staggers off in a stupefied haze

What happened to the water where the ball now exists? And what does it do to the water in the three dimensional space it now occupies?

How is all of the water not displaced?

When you throw a stone into the ocean where does the displacement of the water end?

Last edited:
What happened to the water where the ball now exists?
It was displaced.

mpc755 said:
And what does it do to the water in the three dimensional space it now occupies?
Come again? There is no longer any water in the three dimensional space now occupied by the ball. :confused:

mpc755 said:
Maybe we have a definitional problem here. Define all, please. As in, all of the water that the tank contained originally? All of the water that was occupying the volume now occupied by the beach ball? Some other "all"? What?

Come again? There is no longer any water in the three dimensional space now occupied by the ball. :confused:

So, what happened to that water? Did it vanish? No, it now occupies a different region of three dimensional space. And what happened to the water that was in the this space? It was displaced.

When you throw a stone into the ocean where does the displacement of the water end?

So, what happened to that water? Did it vanish? No, it now occupies a different region of three dimensional space. And what happened to the water that was in the this space? It was displaced.
Ummm... Yes. We agree. That would be why I said it was "displaced".

mpc755 said:
I'll go along, provincially, with your assertion that it doesn't end, it just becomes too small to measure.

What you’re ignoring though, are the following questions...
mpc755 said:
Randwolf said:
Maybe we have a definitional problem here. Define all, please. As in, all of the water that the tank contained originally? All of the water that was occupying the volume now occupied by the beach ball? Some other "all"? What?
Randwolf said:
So you admit that the properties of your aether do not mimic the properties of a fluid, right?
---------------------------------------------------------------------

origin said:
In a pressurized tank of water there will be a certain pressure on the walls and anything in the tank: lets use a beach ball suspended in the tank center for an example. If the water pressure is 100 lbs/in^2 and the beach ball is 1 foot in diameter (904 cubic inches of water displaced) the pressure on the ball will be 100 lbs/in^2. If the beach ball is 10 feet in diameter (905,000 cubic inches of water displaced) the pressure will still be 100 lbs/in^2
mpc755 said:
Both balls in your example displace the same amount of water.
Randwolf said:
Please define "displace", if it differs in any way from the generally accepted meaning.
mpc755 said:
That answer of mine wasn't very good.
Right. So try again, please.
Randwolf said:
More specifically, you agree that two balls in the water tank gedanken that origin set out do not displace the same amount of water, right?
Thanks...

The halo is not out of the aether. The halo is in the aether. What the halo is is the state of displacement of the aether. The aether never stops being displaced by the Milky Way. However, the effects of the displacement are no longer measurable.

I can't help if you are too ignorant... end of story.

You got nothing, well less than nothing. You have basically a high school level, bong induced, hand waving, half assed, rumbling, bumbling, stumbling, illogical, ill-thought-out, nonevidenced, childish cat turd of an idea.

And a rather stinky one at that.

I have met your ilk before and I know your montra: knowledge, facts and reason be damned, I will never admit my own confusion!!!

Ummm... Yes. We agree. That would be why I said it was "displaced".

I'll go along, provincially, with your assertion that it doesn't end, it just becomes too small to measure.

What you’re ignoring though, are the following questions...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Right. So try again, please.Thanks...

You have a gallon of water in a closed tank in a container in space. It doesn't matter what size ball you place into the container all of the water in the container is displaced by the ball.

I can't help if you are too ignorant... end of story.

You got nothing, well less than nothing. You have basically a high school level, bong induced, hand waving, half assed, rumbling, bumbling, stumbling, illogical, ill-thought-out, nonevidenced, childish cat turd of an idea.

And a rather stinky one at that.

I have met your ilk before and I know your montra: knowledge, facts and reason be damned, I will never admit my own confusion!!!

I have met your ilk before and I know you are too ignorant to understand the following.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect#Vacuum_energy

"a "field" in physics may be envisioned as if space were filled with interconnected vibrating balls and springs, and the strength of the field can be visualized as the displacement of a ball from its rest position"

A 'field' in physics is space filled with aether and the strength of the field is the displacement of the aether from its rest position.

The more mass of the matter which exists in a volume the less aether the volume contains the greater the displacement of the aether from its rest position the greater the force exerted toward the matter by the displaced aether.

The greater the displacement of the aether from its rest position the greater the force exerted by the displaced aether toward the matter the greater the gravitational force.

Gravity is the force displaced aether exerts toward matter.

Last edited:
You have a gallon of water in a closed tank in a container in space. It doesn't matter what size ball you place into the container all of the water in the container is displaced by the ball.

If it is a closed tank and full of water, you can't put the ball into the tank. Water cannot be compressed enough to allow the ball to be put into the same closed container.

Water is not a good analogy for your purposes. Use helium or hydrogen or some other gas, even plain air.

If it is a closed tank and full of water, you can't put the ball into the tank. Water cannot be compressed enough to allow the ball to be put into the same closed container.

Water is not a good analogy for your purposes. Use helium or hydrogen or some other gas, even plain air.

Water is actually a better analogy. I didn't think anyone would actually get to this point but the container must be able to expand in the analogy. Now, if all that exists in the universe is the water and the ball then everywhere the ball moves it displaces the water. Everywhere the ball had been fills-in with water. In this scenario, there is no space, nor any part of three dimensional space devoid of both the water and the ball. In this gedanken, water exists everywhere the ball does not. The ball does not leave an empty void in its wake. This means the water exerts force toward the ball.

Now, replace the ball with particles of matter and the water with aether and you have the following.

Gravity is the force displaced aether exerts toward matter.

A moving particle has an associated aether displacement wave.

Curved spacetime is displaced aether.

True. However, I believe it was origin's intent to allow space for displacement - think air pocket of sufficient volume at the top with a relief valve or similar arrangement.

True. However, I believe it was origin's intent to allow space for displacement - think air pocket of sufficient volume at the top with a relief valve or similar arrangement.

Aether and matter have mass. As far as we know, there is no space, nor any part of three dimensional space, devoid of both aether and matter. As far as we know, there is no space, nor any part of three dimensional space, devoid of mass.

Aether exists where particles of matter do not. Aether is physically displaced by matter.

Gravity is force exerted by displaced aether toward matter.

Aether and matter have mass. As far as we know, there is no space, nor any part of three dimensional space, devoid of both aether and matter. As far as we know, there is no space, nor any part of three dimensional space, devoid of mass.
As far as who knows? I certainly don't know any such thing and I don't believe you know one way or the other, either. Mainstream physics does not purport to know this...

mpc755 said:
Aether exists where particles of matter do not. Aether is physically displaced by matter.
Proof? You're right back where you started now - guess you will leave in the same condition that you arrived.

mpc755 said:
Gravity is force exerted by displaced aether toward matter.

Yeah, I got that somewhere amongst the first 30 times you posted it.

How about:
Randwolf said:
More specifically, you agree that two balls in the water tank gedanken that origin set out do not displace the same amount of water, right?
Can you admit to this slight error? If not, we’re done…

As far as who knows? I certainly don't know any such thing and I don't believe you know one way or the other, either. Mainstream physics does not purport to know this...

Mainstream physics has never been more incorrect in terms of understanding what occurs physically in nature. Mainstream physics is more incorrect today then when we believed the Earth was stationary.

Proof? You're right back where you started now - guess you will leave in the same condition that you arrived.

Yeah, I got that somewhere amongst the first 30 times you posted it.

How about:
Can you admit to this slight error?

You have a closed expandable container completely full of water. It doesn't matter what size ball you place into the container, all of the water in the container is displaced.

If not, we’re done…
Good.

Back