8 yr old now living as girl

What I find remarkable is the notion of an 8 year old being capable of making decisions about sexuality.

This is how I'm seeing it. When I was eight years old, my male friends and I were still in in the "girls are icky" point of our lives. Sex and sexuality weren't on our minds at all.

This is how I'm seeing it. When I was eight years old, my male friends and I were still in in the "girls are icky" point of our lives. Sex and sexuality weren't on our minds at all.

If you were forced to wear girls clothes, and everyone persisted in calling you a girl, would that have bothered your eight year old self? Would you have accepted the consensus opinion and gone along, or would you have insisted there was some mistake?

If you were forced to wear girls clothes, and everyone persisted in calling you a girl, would that have bothered your eight year old self? Would you have accepted the consensus opinion and gone along, or would you have insisted there was some mistake?

Try 4.

You don't know anything about rape counseling. They NEVER tell you, "Well, your mind is FINE! Quit whining."

Where did I suggest they say that?

You are inferring a nihilism into my position, a nihilism that isn't there. :rolleyes:

You are the one claiming otherwise. So where does the self reside then, if not in your body ?

There is a difference between saying the self resides in the body, and saying the self is the body.

There is a difference between saying the self resides in the body, and saying the self is the body.

Could you point out what the difference is ?

And what about all the other posts ? You picked just one..

I just find it hard to believe that some people indeed identify with their biological body so much ... :(
Huh ? How can you not identify with your own body ? :bugeye:
Considering that we disidentify with our bodies on a daily basis (such as when pushing ourselves out of the bed in the morning, even though the body feels like more sleeping), I wonder how can you ask that question above ...
How is that dis-identifying with your body ? I perfectly recognize that I am still sleepy and I might be grumpy for it at work.

Explain please.
You never answered this.
Instead you answered this:
You are the one claiming otherwise. So where does the self reside then, if not in your body ?
Could you point out what the difference is ?

And what about all the other posts ? You picked just one..
I suggest you start a thread on this in Philosophy and/or Human Science.
So you either answer my last post or you answer the bold one.

it's sad that so much importance is placed on "the outside".

Back