WTC Collapses

How do you think the World Trade Center Collapsed?

• Terrorist controlled aeroplanes crashing into them (like on the footage)

Votes: 18 43.9%
  • Remote controlled aeroplanes to manipulate a war on false grounds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demolitions charges rigged by the government to manipulate war

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Allah!

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • People keep flogging a dead horse!

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What amazes is the degree to which people think WORDS explain things.
What an odd thing to say.

What is amazing is that truthers hear that a building burnt without collapsing so they all run to the forum to post scorn and sarcasm. The grand theory being that if a tall building burned without collapsing that proves that any building that did burn and collapse must have been demolished. Proof of conspiracy! Then if I do two minutes of research to see that the building was supported by concrete and not just steel, I get a response like “What amazes is the degree to which people think WORDS explain things. “ The words, sorry WORDS, I read were more than any of you (*points to sciforums truthers) seemed to but you already knew that this must have somehow supported the conspiracy.

If anyone has more details regarding the architecture of the building I'm interested. That description isn't particularly detailed at all but it is at least a start.

Reinforced concrete just means steel inside the concrete. How much steel and how much concrete at each level? I have no idea what that "frame plus core" means.

psik
Going from the description I posted, the structural support of this building had more in common with the Madrid Tower than WTC7.

There may never be collapsed like WTC1+2 and WTC7 ever again. This is because the unusual events of those days may not happen again and designers have changed the way in which these types of buildings are constructed.

Last edited:
The Windsor Tower in Madrid and the Twin Towers, Round 2

This post is in response to the 1st part of shaman_'s post 1579 in this thread.

shaman_, where are you getting this idea that there were steel perimeter columns?
From every single bloody article I read on the Madrid Tower!!

Once again, I will quote to you from 9/11 Research's article on the subject, The Windsor Building Fire, which you yourself have used to back up your claims at times; I have bolded certain parts for you:
Steel Versus Steel-Reinforced Concrete

In fact, comparisons between the Windsor tower and the WTC Towers are limited because of the very different structures of these buildings. The Twin Towers and Building 7 were both 100% steel-framed, with large wide-flange columns and box columns, some measuring over four feet wide and fabricated of steel up to five inches thick. Severe fires in other skyscrapers which, like the WTC Towers, were 100% steel-framed, have not produced even partial collapses.

In contrast to the WTC Towers, the Windsor building was framed primarily in steel-reinforced concrete, with columns of concrete reinforced by thin sections of rebar. 4 The concrete pillars in the Windsor building are clearly visible in the photographs showing the intact core exposed by the collapsed facade. The very light construction of the perimeter, described below, makes it clear that the core was the main load-bearing component of the building.
This is the problem. You wont listen to what I say, you wont read the articles I post and your entire (mis)understanding of the Madrid tower comes from one source which doesn’t even go into detail regarding the construction. You have taken a simplistic interpretation that suits you and nothing will make you budge no matter how wrong you are.

I will post again. http://www.concretecentre.com/main.asp?page=1205

“The steel columns above the 17th floor suffered complete collapse, partially coming to rest on the upper technical floor. ”

“Crucially, the building remained standing despite the intensity of the fire. An investigation is underway between Spanish technical agency Intemac and UK authorities including Arup Fire, the University of Edinburgh and the concrete industry including Cembureau, BCA and The Concrete Centre. Preliminary findings suggest that a combination of the upper technical floor and the excellent passive fire resistance of the tower's concrete columns and core prevented total building collapse.’

http://www.mace.manchester.ac.uk/pr...Study/HistoricFires/BuildingFires/default.htm
“Reinforced concrete core with waffle slabs supported by internal RC columns and steel beams, with perimeter steel columns which were unprotected above the 17th Floor level at the time of the fire.”
“A large portion of the floor slabs above the 17th Floor progressively collapsed during the fire when the unprotected steel perimeter columns on the upper levels buckled and collapsed (see Figure 1).”

http://www.arup.com/fire/feature.cfm?pageid=6150
“The slabs were supported along the perimeter by steel columns,”

To be sure- it wouldn't have even suffered a partial collapse.
The reason that the collapse was partial was due to the concrete core and the safety floor which WTC also did not have.

Even official story supporters Bazant and Zhou make it clear that the impact of the planes was something that the towers were designed for, as Steven Jones makes clear in his paper Why Indeed Did the WTC Buildings Collapse?:
The 110-story towers of the World Trade Center were designed to withstand as a whole the forces caused by a horizontal impact of a large commercial aircraft. So why did a total collapse occur? (Bazant and Zhou, 2002, p. 2.)​

Correct — jet collisions did not cause collapses — we can agree on that.
MIT’s Thomas Eager also concurs “because the number of columns lost on the initial impact was not large and the loads were shifted to remaining columns in this highly redundant structure” (Eager and Musso, 2001).
The usual straw man. The collision alone probably wouldn’t have brought the towers down. No one is saying that it did.

Based on what?!! You have heard the term ‘spalling’ so you then leap to the comfortable conclusion that steel handles fire better than concrete. Concrete does spall but steel will weaken very quickly when you get near 1000C. The Madrid Tower is an example of that. You are just deluding yourself that it isn’t.

Actually, I'd like to know the answer to that one myself. My guess is that in modern buildings, steel carries the load and is thus much more important than the concrete.
It’s amazing the rationalisation you will apply to avoid the points you don’t want to accept.

The load of the Windsor Tower was supported by concrete and not steel. It was not fireproofed. Think about your guess a little longer.

Do they really do that in modern buildings? I think that Tony or perhaps Headspin or psikey might know the answer to this question.
See psikeyhackr's previous post - “Reinforced concrete just means steel inside the concrete.”

The fact that I don't know a few things in no way implies that I have "no idea" what I'm talking about. You clearly have a hard time accepting that the Windsor tower had a concrete frame,
Are you on medication!? I can only try and interpret that you think ‘concrete frame’ means the outer perimeter or something. I don’t know I don’t speak 911 religious fanatic. Either way you are incorrect.

What is amazing is that truthers hear that a building burnt without collapsing so they all run to the forum to post scorn and sarcasm. The grand theory being that if a tall building burned without collapsing that proves that any building that did burn and collapse must have been demolished. Proof of conspiracy! Then if I do two minutes of research to see that the building was supported by concrete and not just steel, I get a response like “What amazes is the degree to which people think WORDS explain things. “ The words, sorry WORDS, I read were more than any of you (*points to sciforums truthers) seemed to but you already knew that this must have somehow supported the conspiracy.
Did you compare the videos of the China fire to the ones of WTC7?

What about that overhanging design that would create some peculiar stresses on the building? Of course I never said anything about a conspiracy because I don't give a damn about them.

But people that talk about steel framed buildings collapsing but don't provide data on the distribution of steel and concrete deserve scorn and sarcasm.

psik

The Windsor Tower in Madrid and the Twin Towers, Round 3

This post is in response to the 1st part of shaman_'s post 1822 in this thread.

scott3x said:
shaman_, where are you getting this idea that there were steel perimeter columns?

From every single bloody article I read on the Madrid Tower!!

No need to get so upset.

shaman_ said:
scott3x said:
Once again, I will quote to you from 9/11 Research's article on the subject, The Windsor Building Fire, which you yourself have used to back up your claims at times; I have bolded certain parts for you:
Steel Versus Steel-Reinforced Concrete

In fact, comparisons between the Windsor tower and the WTC Towers are limited because of the very different structures of these buildings. The Twin Towers and Building 7 were both 100% steel-framed, with large wide-flange columns and box columns, some measuring over four feet wide and fabricated of steel up to five inches thick. Severe fires in other skyscrapers which, like the WTC Towers, were 100% steel-framed, have not produced even partial collapses.

In contrast to the WTC Towers, the Windsor building was framed primarily in steel-reinforced concrete, with columns of concrete reinforced by thin sections of rebar. 4 The concrete pillars in the Windsor building are clearly visible in the photographs showing the intact core exposed by the collapsed facade. The very light construction of the perimeter, described below, makes it clear that the core was the main load-bearing component of the building.

This is the problem. You wont listen to what I say, you wont read the articles I post

I have read excerpts of articles you've linked to.

shaman_ said:
and your entire (mis)understanding of the Madrid tower comes from one source which doesn’t even go into detail regarding the construction.

I believe that 9/11 Research brings up all the relevant material.

shaman_ said:
You have taken a simplistic interpretation that suits you and nothing will make you budge no matter how wrong you are.

I have come to the conclusion that 9/11 Research's assessment is correct. It is a site that you yourself have relied on in the past and one that Headspin also finds to be quite good.

shaman_ said:
I will post again. http://www.concretecentre.com/main.asp?page=1205

“The steel columns above the 17th floor suffered complete collapse, partially coming to rest on the upper technical floor. ”

“Crucially, the building remained standing despite the intensity of the fire. An investigation is underway between Spanish technical agency Intemac and UK authorities including Arup Fire, the University of Edinburgh and the concrete industry including Cembureau, BCA and The Concrete Centre. Preliminary findings suggest that a combination of the upper technical floor and the excellent passive fire resistance of the tower's concrete columns and core prevented total building collapse.’

http://www.mace.manchester.ac.uk/pr...Study/HistoricFires/BuildingFires/default.htm
“Reinforced concrete core with waffle slabs supported by internal RC columns and steel beams, with perimeter steel columns which were unprotected above the 17th Floor level at the time of the fire.”
“A large portion of the floor slabs above the 17th Floor progressively collapsed during the fire when the unprotected steel perimeter columns on the upper levels buckled and collapsed (see Figure 1).”

http://www.arup.com/fire/feature.cfm?pageid=6150
“The slabs were supported along the perimeter by steel columns,”

Those articles seems to be in sharp contrast with what 9/11 Research has to say on the building. The only thing I think we can agree on is that both of them can't be right. Hopefully at some point in time Tony, Headspin or psikey could clear up this matter further...

Mackey's and NIST's fluff arguments

This post is in response to the 1st part of shaman_'s post 1418 in this thread.

The example isn't silly- I'm trying to explain to you how Ryan Mackey's counter was so flawed that all one has to go back to what he's countering to realize this.
You are in a forum discussion Scott, it is up to you to show why it is flawed. You can’t. If you can’t then move on. Due to your faith you believe your claims are self evident. That is preaching. Repeatedly posting the article he is criticizing as a replacement for a rebuttal is just spamming. Posting an example with maths does not change the situation.

So far, the only person who I'm sure isn't convinced is you.
The members of the forum far more intelligent and qualified than I are not interested in wasting their time reading your posts and debating with you.

I'm discussing the following passage from Steven Jones' paper, Why Indeed Did the WTC Buildings Collapse?:
The NIST report makes for interesting reading. The less severe cases based on empirical data were discarded because they did not result in building collapse. But ‘we must save the hypothesis,’ so more severe cases were tried and the simulations tweaked, as we read in the NIST report:

The more severe case (which became Case B for WTC 1 and Case D for WTC 2) was used for the global analysis of each tower. Complete sets of simulations were then performed for Cases B and D. To the extent that the simulations deviated from the photographic evidence or eyewitness reports [e.g., complete collapse occurred], the investigators adjusted the input, but only within the range of physical reality. Thus, for instance,…the pulling forces on the perimeter columns by the sagging floors were adjusted… (NIST, 2005, p. 142; emphasis added.)

The primary role of the floors in the collapse of the towers was to provide inward pull forces that induced inward bowing of perimeter columns. (NIST, 2005, p. 180; emphasis added.)​

How fun to tweak the model like that, until the building collapses — until one gets the desired result. But the end result of such tweaked computer hypotheticals is not compelling, sorry gentlemen. Notice that the “the pulling forces on the perimeter columns by the sagging floors were adjusted” (NIST, 2005, p. 142; emphasis added) to get the perimeter columns to yield sufficiently — one suspects these were “adjusted” by hand quite a bit — even though the UK experts complained that “the core columns cannot pull the exterior [i.e., perimeter] columns in via the floor.” (Lane and Lamont, 2005; emphasis added.)
You have just proven my point. I mentioned the workstation tests and you ramble on about computer simulations. It is impossible to have a discussion with you without you jumping subjects all the time.

No kidding. I'm talking about the -physical- steel tests that NIST did; in those tests, not a single steel beam collapsed. As you may recall, Tony said that they even tested steel without any fireproofing at all, but it didn't collapse either.
But you can give me no details whatsoever about these tests. Temperatures? Time? What was the point of the tests? Ect ect. You keep referring to them and you don’t know a thing about them.

.. and once again, the point at hand was the workstation tests and you decided to ramble about some tests you don’t know anything about.

2 points:
1- There is little to no evidence that the office fires could have gotten the steel to reach those temperatures.
I have presented evidence that it was possible.

2- Even at those temperatures, the steel wouldn't have collapsed. You have only to look at your Cardington tests to see the veracity of this.
Once. Again. The columns were protected in the Cardington tests. The beams all sagged but the structure was stable because the columns stayed relatively cool.

The irony is that even the NIST computer simulations don't have the twin towers collapsing- they only get to 'poised to collapse'.
Sigh. The concrete core would have made it weaker, not stronger.
This assertion is based solely on your misunderstanding of a paragraph in a 911 research article.

NIST's fluff computer simulations

This post is in response to the 2nd and final part of shaman_'s post 1418 in this thread.

Sigh. What evidence am I allegedly ignoring? .
Some tests which were posted for your four times and you ignored every time. Even if I find the post and you finally look at them it doesn’t change that you ignored the first four and you are completely transparent.

I believe psikeyhackr has covered this issue- the Cardington fire tests were done to a building within a building. .
The structure was small compared to the enormous hanger which it was inside. The tests, which were performed in different corners of the structure, would not be affected by an oven effect.

Ofcourse, the real clincher here is that even though the fires were by all the accounts I've heard, much hotter then what the WTC office fires were thought to have been, the building still didn't collapse. .
Yeah I don’t think I need to address this one again.

I'm not going to put into my own words what has already been said quite well by Kevin Ryan. If you don't want to read it just because it's not in my 'own words', so be it. Once again, from Kevin Ryan's article Propping up the War on Terror:
In August 2004, Underwriters Laboratories evaluated the Pancake Theory by testing models of the floor assemblies used in the WTC buildings. Despite all the previous expert testimony, the floor models did not collapse. NIST reported this in its October 2004 update, in a table of results that clearly showed that the floors did not fail and that, therefore, pancaking was not possible.14 NIST more succinctly stated this again in its June 2005 draft report, saying: "The results established that this type of assembly was capable of sustaining a large gravity load, without collapsing, for a substantial period of time relative to the duration of the fires in any given location on September 11th."15
I have posted for a you a few times now the NIST FAQ where they state that “NIST’s findings do not support the “pancake theory” of collapse,”

Perhaps; we're talking pre collapse though. .
Clearly you weren’t when you said. “Explosives could certainly have removed it during collapse, however.”

I've been debating here since August; the answers have been far from 'instant'. The fact that you can't seem to find any reasonable objections to the possibility that thermite/thermate was used is, I believe, quite telling. .
I have yet to see any compelling evidence for thermite. What I have seen is a desire to believe in conspiracy theories which appears to be similar to the desire to believe in gods or ufos.

Tony has mentioned that some tests were done where no fireproofing was used at all, but that NIST refused to reveal the results, claiming it was just a calibration test.
Details Scott.

I believe you yourself have mentioned that in the Cardington fire tests, which apparently reached temperatures much higher then what the WTC office fires were calculated by FEMA to reach, no fireproofing was used, and yet, those beams didn't collapse either. .
There was no fireproofing on the beams and they reached temperatures which you refuse to acknowledge.

The beams did sag. Had the columns been affected by the heat then you would have had a situation closer to WTC.

A building is a building too.
Brilliant.

However, this doesn't mean that all office fires, or buildings for that matter, are one and the same.
If a fire fueled simply by some office materials reaches 1000C and the steel is marginally below that then that is very significant. It doesn't prove that the WTC fires were that hot but it demonstrates that it is possible.

The point isn't all that important anyway, as the Cardington steel beams didn't suffer collapse either. .
The beams sagged. One column which wasn’t completely protected started buckling when it reached 670C. All the columns were completely protected from then on.

Apparently neither you nor Headspin could find the raw data for this. However, even assuming it's true, the fact remains that even at those scorching temperatures, the Cardington steel beams didn't collapse. .
The beams sagged. One column which wasn’t completely protected started buckling when it reached 670C. All the columns were completely protected from then on.

True. However, Kevin Ryan backs up his claims with solid evidence, something that Mackey doesn't concern himself much with. From Jiff Hoffman's Review of 'A New Standard For Deception: The NIST WTC Report'- A Presentation by Kevin Ryan:

Ryan notes that steel temperatures lag behind gas temperatures in both time and magnitude, and that none of the official reports have performed thermodynamic calculations about the probable steel temperatures. Ryan's own calculations show that steel temperatures in the impact zones probably did not exceed 600 F.
I have given you physical evidence which completely contradicts and outweighs the calculations done by waterboy chemist Ryan.

Last edited:
Mackey's fluff arguments

This post is in response to the 1st part of shaman_'s post 1825 in this thread.

scott3x said:
The example isn't silly- I'm trying to explain to you how Ryan Mackey's counter was so flawed that all one has to go back to what he's countering to realize this.

You are in a forum discussion Scott, it is up to you to show why it is flawed.

I did so on more then one occassion. However, you still don't seem to understand. First, let me clarify what, exactly, I pointed out was flawed. To do this, we have to go all the way back to your post 362, wherein you quoted someone (I believe Mackey) saying the following:
shaman_ said:
Mr. Hoffman here again complains about the “megawatt super-burner,” but the author reminds Mr. Hoffman that the “super-burner” was only active for the first 600 seconds of tests 1, 2, and 4, and the first 120 seconds of tests 3, 5, and 6.

In post 377, I begin my rebuttal of the quoted contention:
scott3x said:
Jim Hoffman, in his article "Building a Better Mirage - NIST's 3-Year $20,000,000 Cover-Up of the Crime of the Century" handily debunks the idea that 120 to 600 seconds is a trifling amount:
Temperatures of 800 ºC to 1,100 ºC (1472 ºF to 2012 ºF) are normally observed only for brief times in building fires, in a phenomenon known as flashover. Flashover occurs when uncombusted gases accumulate near the ceilings and then suddenly ignite. Since flame consumes the pre-heated fuel-air mixture in an instant, very high temperatures are produced for a few seconds. Note that this temperature range includes the 900 ºC recorded using the megawatt super-burner, so they must have had to pour on quite a lot of jet fuel.

The first section of the Report describing the fires deceptively implies that 1,000 ºC (1832 ºF) temperatures (rarely seen in even momentary flashovers) were sustained, and that they were in the building's core.

The article goes on, complete with some good graphics. You might want to take a look:
http://911research.wtc7.net/essays/nist/index.html

In post 542, your only counter to all of this is:
shaman_ said:
That was the statement that Mackey was rebutting! You can’t respond to it with the very comment he was responding to!

At this point, I realize that you didn't understand the point I was trying to make. So in post 833, I try again, stating:
scott3x said:
Sure I can. Mackey's 'debunking' is nothing of the sort. I see that you don't get the point. The point is that flashovers are instant. 120 and 600 seconds, aka 2 and 10 minutes, is way longer then a flashover would take. I can put my finger over the flame of a lighter for an instant and it really doesn't do much. You can torture a man if you put it for longer durations. I really don't want to know what would happen if it was held under someone's finger for 10 minutes. Buildings and the fires needed to 'hurt' them are on a different scale, but the same principle applies; duration can frequently mean quite a bit.

For my efforts at trying to get you to understand, in post 882, you accuse me coming close to trolling.

In regards to the issue of the flashover, you state:
scott3x said:
Whether you want to call it a flashover or not, NISTs workstation tests noted periods over high temperatures (800+) for much longer than two minutes.

In post 1361 I counter, stating:
scott3x said:
NIST's workstation tests were clearly tweaked, as Steven Jones and others have made clear. Don't you think it rather curious that the -physical- models of the WTC steel never collapsed?

In post 1418, your response is simply:
shaman_ said:
I don't think you even know what we are discussing. You just throw the ‘as Steven Jones made clear’ for good measure.

In post 1788, I make it clear that if anyone has lost track of the many times I've brought up Steven Jones' point on this matter, it's you, by stating:
scott3x said:
I'm discussing the following passage from Steven Jones' paper, Why Indeed Did the WTC Buildings Collapse?:
The NIST report makes for interesting reading. The less severe cases based on empirical data were discarded because they did not result in building collapse. But ‘we must save the hypothesis,’ so more severe cases were tried and the simulations tweaked, as we read in the NIST report:

The more severe case (which became Case B for WTC 1 and Case D for WTC 2) was used for the global analysis of each tower. Complete sets of simulations were then performed for Cases B and D. To the extent that the simulations deviated from the photographic evidence or eyewitness reports [e.g., complete collapse occurred], the investigators adjusted the input, but only within the range of physical reality. Thus, for instance,…the pulling forces on the perimeter columns by the sagging floors were adjusted… (NIST, 2005, p. 142; emphasis added.)

The primary role of the floors in the collapse of the towers was to provide inward pull forces that induced inward bowing of perimeter columns. (NIST, 2005, p. 180; emphasis added.)

How fun to tweak the model like that, until the building collapses — until one gets the desired result. But the end result of such tweaked computer hypotheticals is not compelling, sorry gentlemen. Notice that the “the pulling forces on the perimeter columns by the sagging floors were adjusted” (NIST, 2005, p. 142; emphasis added) to get the perimeter columns to yield sufficiently — one suspects these were “adjusted” by hand quite a bit — even though the UK experts complained that “the core columns cannot pull the exterior [i.e., perimeter] columns in via the floor.” (Lane and Lamont, 2005; emphasis added.)
*******************​

Now, in this very post that I'm responding to, you counter:
shaman_ said:
You have just proven my point. I mentioned the workstation tests and you ramble on about computer simulations. It is impossible to have a discussion with you without you jumping subjects all the time.

I thought that your workstation tests -were- the computer simulations. If this isn't the case, please provide a link that details the tests you had in mind. In regards to NIST's computer simulations, they're pivotal for their planes and jet fuel initated fires case. Why? Because, as I have tried to make clear time and again, their computer simulations are the only model that even hints that the twin towers could have collapsed due to planes and jet fuel initiated fires. And even those simulations don't do anything more then get to the 'poised for collapse' stage; as I've mentioned before, I'm constantly surprised that you don't find it curious that they wouldn't actually try to simulate the collapse itself, as they did with WTC 7.

I thought that your workstation tests -were- the computer simulations. If this isn't the case, please provide a link that details the tests you had in mind. In regards to NIST's computer simulations, they're pivotal for their planes and jet fuel initated fires case. Why? Because, as I have tried to make clear time and again, their computer simulations are the only model that even hints that the twin towers could have collapsed due to planes and jet fuel initiated fires.
The NIST did real live workstation fires. It is in the NCSTAR1 report. You should download it if you are going to put this much time and effort into 9/11 stuff.

I think I am going to vote for Allah.

psik

Now, in this very post that I'm responding to, you counter:

I thought that your workstation tests -were- the computer simulations.
I have been trying to get though to you that they are not.

The workstation tests I have referred to were tests in which fires were started on office furniture. The results were consistent with the Cardington office test.

If this isn't the case, please provide a link that details the tests you had in mind.
Read NCSTAR 1-5C

In regards to NIST's computer simulations, they're pivotal for their planes and jet fuel initated fires case. Why? Because, as I have tried to make clear time and again
You mean you spam the same text over and over regardless of the subject at hand.

, their computer simulations are the only model that even hints that the twin towers could have collapsed due to planes and jet fuel initiated fires.
That is utter crap. The simulations only support the existing evidence regarding the temperatures, behavior of the steel at those temperatures, reports of bowing ect ect. The entire official story does not hinge on simulations. I have only mentioned them once or twice in all my 911 discussions.

And even those simulations don't do anything more then get to the 'poised for collapse' stage;
.. and why is that a problem? The purpose of using them was to find what caused the collapse.

as I've mentioned before, I'm constantly surprised that you don't find it curious that they wouldn't actually try to simulate the collapse itself,
Are those programs even capable of modeling the collapse of a 110 storey skyscraper?

The whole thing is pointless because if they did model the collapse, the clean up whatever it is a computer simulation run by NIST. You wouldn't accept it anyway. You would just discard it as 'tweaked'. It is a totally hollow complaint.

as they did with WTC 7.
As with WTC the point was to find the cause of the collapse. If they modeled the whole thing (did they?) it was probably simpler and by this stage they are pandering to the deluded and ill-informed masses.

Last edited:
scott3x said:
I thought that your workstation tests -were- the computer simulations. If this isn't the case, please provide a link that details the tests you had in mind. In regards to NIST's computer simulations, they're pivotal for their planes and jet fuel initated fires case. Why? Because, as I have tried to make clear time and again, their computer simulations are the only model that even hints that the twin towers could have collapsed due to planes and jet fuel initiated fires.

The NIST did real live workstation fires. It is in the NCSTAR1 report. You should download it if you are going to put this much time and effort into 9/11 stuff.

I did download it. But downloading something and reading the whole thing are different things :p. I actually now vaguely remember this. I don't see how it would take away from my arguments, but for that I guess I'd have to take a look at what shaman_ has to say.

scott3x said:
I thought that your workstation tests -were- the computer simulations. If this isn't the case, please provide a link that details the tests you had in mind.

Read NCSTAR 1-5C

I could only find the draft. Or is that all there is?

The link to it on the NIST page I found for NCSTAR 1-5 is dead.

Anyway, I was expecting a link with a page or 2 of information, not 130 pages; excerpt the relevant portion of that 130 page document if you'd like to make a point.

scott3x said:
In regards to NIST's computer simulations, they're pivotal for their planes and jet fuel initated fires case. Why? Because, as I have tried to make clear time and again, their computer simulations are the only model that even hints that the twin towers could have collapsed due to planes and jet fuel initiated fires.

That is utter crap. The simulations only support the existing evidence regarding the temperatures

The models do nothing of the sort. I've made that clear to you time and again and yet you refuse to listen that what they're using in them is cartoon physics. Ask Tony, Headspin or psikey. I believe they'll all back me up here. You always sidestep the following from Steven Jones, but your dodges don't change the veracity of the excerpt from Steven Jones peer reviewed paper, Why Indeed Did the World Trade Center Buildings Completely Collapse? that I made in post 1788:
scott3x said:

The primary role of the floors in the collapse of the towers was to provide inward pull forces that induced inward bowing of perimeter columns. (NIST, 2005, p. 180; emphasis added.)​

I think Steven Jones actually gives the model more credit then it's due here- after all, they don't even simulate the collapse; they only get to 'poised to collapse'.

Last edited:
I could only find the draft. Or is that all there is?

The link to it on the NIST page I found for NCSTAR 1-5 is dead.

Anyway, I was expecting a link with a page or 2 of information, not 130 pages; excerpt the relevant portion of that 130 page document if you'd like to make a point.

http://wtc.nist.gov/NCSTAR1/NCSTAR1-5index.htm

That's the very page where the link to NCSTAR 1-5C is dead ;)

Tony Szamboti said:
and here is the entire WTC report for both the Twin Towers and WTC 7

http://wtc.nist.gov/NCSTAR1/

I have that; not sure where NCSTAR 1-5C starts in it though. And if it's anywhere near the length of the NCSTAR 1-5C Draft (130 pages), then I don't think I'll be all that interested in reading it just to see if shaman_ actually has a valid argument; as far as I'm concerned, it's his job to prove that he has one, not mine.

Seeing as how I'm the person who started this thread and arguably the person who keeps it going the most, I request that 'beam up' and 'woo-woo' be removed as tags for this thread, that 'truth movement' be added and a lock on adding new threads be put in place as well.

Seeing as how I'm the person who started this thread and arguably the person who keeps it going the most, I request that 'beam up' and 'woo-woo' be removed as tags for this thread, that 'truth movement' be added and a lock on adding new threads be put in place as well.

It's bad enough we have to put up with spineless little weasels like yourself who spread their crap around like manure, but now you're asking for acknowledgment and respect?

It's bad enough we have to put up with spineless little weasels like yourself who spread their crap around like manure, but now you're asking for acknowledgment and respect?

Man I'm tired of this. Heck with it, if Orleander is going to ignore me because I moved an off topic post or 2, why shouldn't I ignore you? Think I'll do just that, only I'll just refrain from replying further.

That's the very page where the link to NCSTAR 1-5C is dead ;)

I have that; not sure where NCSTAR 1-5C starts in it though. And if it's anywhere near the length of the NCSTAR 1-5C Draft (130 pages), then I don't think I'll be all that interested in reading it just to see if shaman_ actually has a valid argument; as far as I'm concerned, it's his job to prove that he has one, not mine.

Scott, all of the pdf files come up for me. NCSTAR 1-5C is there and it is still 130 pages and comes up fine.

Hey Q baby, how about answering the questions I posed to you on your "dynamic buckling" diatribe against Gordon Ross' work. Can't you defend what you say, or if you were wrong to admit it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back