Work hard at work?

Why?

Registered Senior Member
Should I work diligently at work, or do just enough work not to get fired?

You mean you would risk getting fired in the process of finding out how little you can do without getting fired ? lol

Why are you so sure you can get "ahead" by working diligently? And yes, I would risk getting fired in the process of finding out how little I can do.

I agree with work less, paid more. It has been my experience that the less I work, the more I am paid. Having been fired several times, I realize that firings usually occur due to personality conflicts, not incompetence. Keep on good terms with the boss, and you can goof off to your heart's content.

I would say that it depends on what your work is. For example if you are a fireman, work diligently; but if you are a defense attorney for criminals or something like that, then work just enough not to get fired.

So, if my work isn't important, than I should work less? Great! My work is meaningless.

I agree with work less, paid more. It has been my experience that the less I work, the more I am paid. Having been fired several times, I realize that firings usually occur due to personality conflicts, not incompetence. Keep on good terms with the boss, and you can goof off to your heart's content.

Huh? Who told you that ?

No one told me that. I've experience this. My naive younger self used to equate hard work with reward. Well, that's just not true.

Why are you so sure you can get "ahead" by working diligently? And yes, I would risk getting fired in the process of finding out how little I can do.

I just threatened my old bosses and they gave me raises all the time! ;)

Back