Women in Christianity

Hypothetically, Would you encourage your child to follow their interest in Islam?

Jenyar said:
they are free to question and probe for themselves. I would encourage such enquiry.

So you would encourage your child to persue Islam if they were interested in becoming a muslim.

Jenyar said:
Not everything that invites enquiry should be persued.

LOL... Jenyar - You are as contradictory as your Bible.

You don't seem to appreciate the difference between facts and generalized facts, or between questioning something - finding out more about it - and accepting it ("persuing" it).

For example: "All women want sex". Fact or generalization? What about "all women are interested in sex" vs. "all women actively persue sex"?

Do you also read the Bible this superficially?

No.

So you wouldn't encourage your child to become a muslim, even if thats what your child wanted?

§outh§tar said:
Anyhow we aren't to question God's will.

And there you have it....... 2000 years later, still butchering one another over a myth........ never gonna end ..... until WW4 is fought with sticks and stones....... and it all starts over. Again.

Silly man to presume to know our Creators will. Youd think after 2000 years that the zeolots would come to realize he's not coming. He was supposed to come when Paul was preaching to the Corithians for christs sake. He's not coming in your lifetime, nor you childrens, or their childrens. The only thing that is gonna end our way of life is us. Nobody is gonna come out of the clouds and come down to take the fundies with them and let a few billion or so to burn. If something does come from the clouds.. God help us all, cause it gonna be no Jesus... its gonna be some Aliens looking for some food.

"Anyhow we aren't to question God's will."

If only man would have left it at that. But nooooooooo :bugeye:

Vienna said:
So you wouldn't encourage your child to become a muslim, even if thats what your child wanted?
This is getting tiresome. I wouldn't encourage or discourage "becoming a muslim". I will encourage enquiry and undestanding by providing a condusive environment and open communication. People don't always become Muslims, Christians, democrats or bullies for rational reasons or without personal reasons. What they need is love, and that I will give them. What they want after that is entirely up to them, but they'll have my support.

Besides, how I'll raise my children depends entirely on whether I find a wife first, and she will have something to say about the matter as well. Let's just say I will encourage my children to live, and to be responsible for their choices, and let's leave it at that, shall we?

Last edited:
OliverJ said:
And there you have it....... 2000 years later, still butchering one another over a myth........ never gonna end ..... until WW4 is fought with sticks and stones....... and it all starts over. Again.

Silly man to presume to know our Creators will. Youd think after 2000 years that the zeolots would come to realize he's not coming. He was supposed to come when Paul was preaching to the Corithians for christs sake. He's not coming in your lifetime, nor you childrens, or their childrens. The only thing that is gonna end our way of life is us. Nobody is gonna come out of the clouds and come down to take the fundies with them and let a few billion or so to burn. If something does come from the clouds.. God help us all, cause it gonna be no Jesus... its gonna be some Aliens looking for some food.

"Anyhow we aren't to question God's will."

If only man would have left it at that. But nooooooooo :bugeye:

Sheer poetry Oliver - Great post!

There is more truth in what you have said than all the worlds religious books put together.

Jenyar said:
Let's just say I will encourage my children to live, and to be responsible for their choices, and let's leave it at that, shall we?

Thank you Jenyar - yes I can be irritating, but its my way of finding answers.

And I have Chosen You

You Are Fake English..........................I Know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Isn't it true that this prejudiced quote from the Bible affects the role of women in Christianity? In England there has much controversy of women wanting to become vicars priests etc. and only recently has this been allowed. A female bishop has yet to be seen.

Yet the head of the Church of England is a woman - Queen Elizabeth II

Prejudice and Hypocrisy!

And I have Chosen you.

For IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

Isn't it true that this prejudiced quote from the Bible affects the role of women in Christianity? In England there has much controversy of women wanting to become vicars priests etc. and only recently has this been allowed. A female bishop has yet to be seen.

Prejudice and Hypocrisy!

See YOu Soonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Prejudice and Hypocrisy!

"...I will take your wives before your eyes and give them to your neighbor, and he shall lie with your wives in the light of this sun."
-2 Samuel 12:11
Thats God talking btw...threatening King David with the rape of his wives.

You Chose your Fate ................. YOu Talkk TOOOOO much Crappp

Prejudice and Hypocrisy!

Sheer poetry Oliver - Great post!

There is more truth in what you have said than all the worlds religious books put together.

[
Oh yeah YOu can really find me ass hole!!!!!!!!!!!QUOTE=IamDeth;1494403]You Chose your Fate ................. YOu Talkk TOOOOO much Crappp[/QUOTE]

Back