Woman sues cop who asked for date after giving ticket

Actually, the crime, as such, would be more akin to misappropriation; he used official information for personal purposes.

Yes we know, to leave a single polite note.

He won't spend five years in jail. What, aside from pure invention, makes you think he would?

That was Asguard's suggestion of the approriate punishment.
Others like Bells say he should be fired and jailed.
Others say he should at least be fired.

For leaving a single polite note.

Which just shows you have no sense of proportional punishment.

Which is why I'm glad there are enough other people that don't see it as you do, who if on a jury would likely prevent the inflicting of a severe punishment on this policeman for his minor error in judgement.

Leaving a single polite note.

(Let's hear it, a big YEAH, for the wisdom of a trial by a jury of our peers!)

The phone book argument doesn't work, as I noted earlier in this thread.

It works for me.
If it comes to it, it may very well work for the court.

Last edited:
A comment from the officer involved.

Officer Collins declined to talk on camera, but told FOX Chicago News by phone that he was just looking for a date.

"That's all it was," he said. "There was no bad intentions to it."

About the lawsuit, he added, "It's just kind of her side and what she's saying. There's a whole other side of the story."

I await with curiosity to hear what the 'whole other side of the story' reveals.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...ate-evangelina-paredes-chris-collins-20120103

Trying to explain the obvious

Adoucette said:

That was Asguard's suggestion of the approriate punishment.
Others like Bells say he should be fired and jailed.

Don't let emotion drive your arguments, Arthur. After all—

"Which just shows you have no sense of proportional punishment."​

—how, exactly, do Bells' and Asguard's suggestions describe my sense of proportion?

Which is why I'm glad there are enough other people that don't see it as you do, who if on a jury would likely prevent the inflicting of a severe punishment on this policeman for his minor error in judgement.

Leaving a single polite note.

(Let's hear it, a big YEAH, for the wisdom of a trial by a jury of our peers!)

Seriously, Arthur, get honest or give it up. Stop trying to distract the topic with your hyperbole.

It works for me.
If it comes to it, it may very well work for the court.

Indeed, as I noted: "Given the nature of American juries, well, flip a coin."

To the other, I can look up anybody's name in the phone book, and it doesn't mean I know who they are.

As an example of what that means, since it's apparently a difficult point, I could go around looking up combinations of Arthur and Doucette. Indeed, doing so in Google leads me to an Arthur R. Doucette on Crest Road in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Of course, it also leads me to Arthur F. Doucette III on Givens Road, also in Chattanooga. Even on the off-chance that one of those happens to be you, I wouldn't actually know. On the other hand, if I was a police officer who pulled you over and required you to show me your driver's license, there would be no question about who you were. If I wanted to leave a note under the windshield of Mr. Doucette's car on Crest Road, I have no idea if that would actually reach you or some other guy named Arthur associated with the word or name Doucette. Same with Mr. Doucette on Givens Road. However, if I had your data because I required you, by force of law, to show me your driver's license, I could probably get that note to your windshield. Presuming, of course, that you own a car.

Do you understand the difference? Unless that jury is composed of a bunch of male chauvinists trying to preserve every opportunity one can think of for hitting on women, the phone book defense would require some demonstration of how the name and person were connected without the driver's license information. As it is, I have no idea if you're in Tennessee. For all I know, you could be sipping cappuccino in Sausalito, California. Indeed, I have no way of knowing if "Doucette" is part of your real name or something you made up for reasons I can never know; but if I forced you, by law, to show me your state identification, there would be no question at all about who you are or where to find you.

By the way, try telling a co-worker that someone so attractive shouldn't be single, and when you're hauled in on a sexual harassment complaint, let, "I was just being polite," be your defense.

At least we know what counts for polite in your book.

(And just because I know you're a stickler for details, I would point out that §2723(a) indicates an unspecified monetary fine, not prison time.)

Don't let emotion drive your arguments, Arthur. After all—

"Which just shows you have no sense of proportional punishment."​

—how, exactly, do Bells' and Asguard's suggestions describe my sense of proportion?

Poorly written, you was inclusive, not specific to you.
You did indicate he should lose his job did you not?

Seriously, Arthur, get honest or give it up. Stop trying to distract the topic with your hyperbole.

Don't understand, that's what this may come down to isn't it?
A civil trial.
And from what I've seen it's about half for punishing him and half not, and most of the people who want to punish him aren't Americans, so my guess is she won't prevail in a court. American juries tend to give the cops quite a bit of latitude or really throw the book at them, but in this case, this one doesn't have anything sinister about it.

Indeed, as I noted: "Given the nature of American juries, well, flip a coin."

Nah, typically you need unanimous decision to convict.
Just based on the responses here (about even) I can't see an American jury hanging him for leaving one polite note.

To the other, I can look up anybody's name in the phone book, and it doesn't mean I know who they are.

http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/09/technology/google_find_my_face/index.htm

Roco Heartstrings

Adoucette said:

Poorly written, you was inclusive, not specific to you.
You did indicate he should lose his job did you not?

I don't see how it plays out that he wouldn't. This stunt is the sort of thing that will shake the locals' faith in their police department.

Don't understand, that's what this may come down to isn't it?

In the criminal context? Depends on the fine.

A civil trial.
And from what I've seen it's about half for punishing him and half not, and most of the people who want to punish him aren't Americans, so my guess is she won't prevail in a court.

That's entirely possible.

American juries tend to give the cops quite a bit of latitude or really throw the book at them, but in this case, this one doesn't have anything sinister about it.

Would it be any more sinister if it was a bartender?

It was an unsettlingly creepy note. Your standard of polite is far different from mine. As dumb pick-up lines go, that note is full of them.

Nah, typically you need unanimous decision to convict.
Just based on the responses here (about even) I can't see an American jury hanging him for leaving one polite note.

Not everyone thinks two-bit pickup lines are polite.

I have a less than common name; if you could fix my face through Google, you could probably find me. To the other, I don't make it particularly hard to find me.

But for other people, maybe not. One could still match a face to a name, but whether or not that leads to a specific home address is another question entirely.

The underlying problem here is a separation of professional duty and personal desire. To consider our neighbor Steampunk's argument—

"I'm a fan of letting people conduct a little personal business on the job, but not to the point where it gets out of hand. Call your sick child at home. Tell your girlfriend or wife you love them in a quick text message. Take a brief moment to ask a person out on a date. All on company time is fine, when brief."​

—there really is no separation.

I happen to disagree. It seems to me that using "company" resources to insert yourself into the life of a stranger doesn't fall into the same category as checking on a sick child or checking in with one's beloved.

Where will a jury's sympathy fall? That's a tough question:

• Do I want to be able to hit on someone this way?
• Is my sense of harmlessness in the conduct because he is a police officer? What if it was a bartender who checked my ID at the club?
• What if this was a gay pass? You know, like a man asking another man out?​

I think any of those questions might occur to a juror on the case, and the answers would predict something about how one might vote.

But at the same time, the juror must also assess what the law says. Maybe the juror thinks it's a cute romantic stunt, and would be honored to be treated in such a manner. But juries are at least as likely to do the right thing as the wrong, and when put up against the statute, Collins' best defense is that he didn't know what he was doing was prohibited.

In other words, he would hang the police department.

I don't like cops, but I certainly disagree with setting police stations on fire, or smashing out cruiser windows, as happened in Seattle recently. To the other, I'm not sure what anyone expected when prosecutors were handed a report stating explicitly that an occasion of lethal use of force was inappropriate, and no charges were filed. Seattle is a town in which the police seemingly can't stop digging themselves into a hole, whether it's unnecessary use of force or the allegation that the public has no right to public affairs. Up here, we are acutely aware of the relationship between police and the public, and largely because the Seattle Police Department keeps screwing up.

The Chicago area is also a place where there is constant controversy swirling 'round the police. I don't think blaming the situation on departmental incompetence is going to help. Certes, this doesn't rise to the level of shooting a guy for no good reason, or trying to hide evidence of cops beating a man in a wheelchair and then planting evidence on him, but it does erode confidence in the police department.

For me, the solution to poor public confidence in police departments is not to get rid of the police. Rather, it is to reform police departments so that the public has reason for higher confidence. The idea that nobody ever told Collins that he shouldn't use department business for personal reasons will only further injure that public confidence.

Perhaps you recall, back in the '90s, a woman getting her ass kicked by a cop after she refused to pull over for a routine traffic stop. Her defense was that there were many stories about people impersonating cops and targeting women for sexual assault and robbery. As I recall, her defense worked. (Though that might also reflect the degree of police brutality.)

If Collins' actions are acceptable, we create a situation in which people will be hesitant to give over their licenses in the course of appropriate police business because they will have reasonable cause to wonder whether or not allowing the officer to know that information will lead to further harassment not related to the police business.

That is what Collins has done to the police department. Compounded with the proposition that he broke a federal law in doing so, it's hard to take seriously the proposition that this is simply about "leaving a single polite note".

Your and-ask-them-out-on-a-date qualifier is not one I noticed in the prior post where you made the same point, so I did not assume it was material.

It was included in both posts, using almost exactly the same phrasing. You explicitly quoted it in your response. Clearly you were simply looking for a chance to be glib and condescending, and leapt without looking. This was a poor tactic on your part - both because you are in the middle of pursuing a bunch of legalistic argumentation premised on careful, holistic reading of texts, and because you decided to attempt such against a much more capable troll than yourself.

It seems to me that while many romantic relationships include a sexual component, that is not the end all and be all of dating (or any relationship that is likely to result from dating).

Nobody said it was the "end all and be all of dating." Nobody is pushing any reductive view of human interactions as being purely sexual, so you can go ahead and stop addressing that strawman.

That said, dating and attraction remain primarily, overtly sexual phenomena. The tiny minority of asexual romantic relationships are the exception that proves the rule.

So, there is a mental leap from imagining going on a date to imagining sex,

But not from expressing a desire to go on a date, to expressing sexual attraction. Especially when there's an explicit indication of sexual attraction included right next to the request for a date.

As such your assertion established neither necessary nor sufficient conditions to sexual desire.

Horseshit. The fact that a troll with an agenda can pretend that it is theoretically possible to say that you find someone attractive and ask them to go out with you, but not be sexually attracted to them, does not impress. Even if you shoehorn some terms from formal logic into the inanity. There is, in point of fact, no meaningful doubt as to whether the cop in question was sexually attracted to the victim, nor whether he was intending to convey such, nor whether she understood such to be conveyed. Nor do I see you disputing that. You just seem to be looking to derail into some kind of inane "gotcha!" trolling.

I am not sure why you think I would bother to lie to you about that,

It was apparent in your previous post - and in this one - that you harbor some discomfort with aknowledging the major role of sexuality in human relations, and have erected some defense mechanisms to place artifical distance between sex and various immediately-related modes of human interaction. This was particularly visible with the father/daughter examples (obtuse revulsion at the obvious implications of describing one's daughter as "attractive"). All of which is fairly common and explicable ("if I aknowledge my daughters' sexuality, that makes me a pedophile!"), hence the ease in recognizing it. It's a bog-standard neurosis.

In fact, I realize that you, troll, have partially succeeded, since whether he had implicit hopes of having sex with the woman is not the issue. Many people harbor sexual desire in their hearts, that is not a crime, nor does the DPPA make it one.

You may have noticed that this thread is not solely about whether the actions in question are a crime under the DPPA or not (although it has become more about that since your late entrance). It is very much about whether the actions in question are morally excusable (adoucette's contention), and also whether they should be criminal (irrespective of the text of current statutes). The specific interaction that you decided to insert yourself into the middle of, was on exactly that subject.

Meanwhile, I notice you didn't bother chastizing adoucette for bringing up this (irrelevant to the point of trollish derail, according to you) issue. Instead, you leapt to his defense on that exact point, and only developed an aversion to its relevance when it didn't turn out to be the easy chance for glib self-promotion that you foolishly imagined it would be. Meanwhile you continue to undermine this "point" by pursuing the question further.

If the court holds that the DPPA applies here, his intent is 100% irrelevant. He could have been hoping to rob her, and while that could independently be a crime (it is not, but one could imagine a law that criminalized asking a person out with the intent to rob them), that has nothing to do with the DPPA.

And his intent will remain relevant to the question of whether his actions were morallly acceptable, total irrespective of anything that anyone finds about the DPPA.

I think it is likely (but irrelevant) that he did,

On what basis? Haven't you just spent two posts arguing that nothing he said can be reasonably construed to indicate anything particularly sexual? So, whence the "likely?"

though put aside your image of his drooling over the prospect of sex.

I have advanced no such "image." There is no substantial inference required to get from the contents of his missive, to the obvious conclusion that he's interested in her sexually. His letter was a straightforward, overt communication of such. I have not characterized that desire as in any way abnormal or boorish (i.e., your "drooling"). I have simply noted that when a heterosexual man tells a woman that he finds her irresistably attractive and requests a date, it is a clear, overt indication of sexual interest. This is totally normal, expected, and in no way an attribution of poor character or uncontrolled impulse on his part (the misuse of info, invasion of privacy, etc., on the other hand, is).

Indeed, the fact that you would make the leap from aknowledging the overt sexual aspect of his expressions, all the way to characterizing him as a "drooling" sex-crazed lecher, again goes to evidence of your own discomfort with sexuality and consequent erection of spurious distinctions to avoid aknowledging such.

I think it likely that he thought that a sexual relationship with her will be nice if she likes him enough to agree to it after several dates.

I do not think it is true that his principal intent was to have sex, no.

Those two sentences do not conform with one another.

I do not know if you have a daughter, but imagine a boy comes to your door to pick her up for a date. The situation is very different if he greet you by saying he has come to pick up your daughter for their date versus him saying that he wants to have sex with your daughter.

Sure, but not as it applies to the question of whether he wants to have sex with your daughter. The difference is all about his willingness to display respect for social conventions, your own authority, your daughter's various other attributes, etc. There is no question, in either case, that he is sexually attracted to your daughter. He generally wouldn't be showing up to take her on a date, otherwise.

You seem to be suggesting (although I myself like to think you do not really believe it) that those two situations are entirely equivalent.

As it applies to the question of whether the boy in question is sexually attracted to your daughter, they are entirely equivalent. As it applies to the question of whether he's the type of person you'd want associating with your daughter (even socially, let alone sexually or romantically), it's a very different story. But, as you may recall, you are in the process at attacking my simple observation that stating you find someone attractive and asking them out are indications of sexual interest.

In fact, maybe the boy who admits that he wants sex is simply more honest, which in a funny way would be admirable (even though, obviously, as a father you tell that boy to leave, alone).

We aren't debating the level of honesty or desirability or whatever of the guy, here. We're debating whether he expressed sexual interest in the victim.

Men desiring to have sex with women is not a legally actionable threat in and of itself, nor is it when coupled with a date request, nor is it when coupled with an arguable violation of the DPPA. There could be a violation of the DPPA, but the sexual desire in logically unrelated to that.

Good thing for me that I never made any of those assertions then, isn't it? So how about you drop them, or at least start directing them at adoucette as well (this entire tangent is of his making, you may note).

In effect, painting his in the way you are seems like an ad hominem against Collins,

Only if you think that there's something objectionable about a man expressing sexual interest in a woman, in the standard, polite manner (ignoring the whole stalking part, that is). Which is seems that you do:

designed to plant the (I would say unwarranted) notion that he is some sort of predator.

Again, this is an expression of your own psychodrama and not something I'm answerable for. The fact the a man is sexually interested in a female and tells her as much (using the standard, accepted terms for doing so in our society) does not make him a "predator." The stalking and invasion of privacy, on the other hand, might, but that isn't what we're discussing at this particular juncture. So, again, I'm left with the impression that you operate under some kind of puritanical disconnect wherein any aknowledgement of sexuality is some kind of character indictment. This has you going around constructing elborately silly evasions of the obvious.

In point of fact, I was responding by an attempted whitewash by one adoucette, who is attempting to desexualize the encounter to make the guy look less predatory and creepy. Apparently he only stalked her for the purpose of developing a platonic friendship, the better to discuss current literature and trends in politics, or something. The implication there being that - even according to his most vocal defender here - it is unacceptably creepy to make sexual advances in such a manner. So we are left with this inane attempt to desexualize the whole issue, ludicrous hair-splitting attempts to separate "attraction" and "dating" from "sex," etc.

I certainly do agree that it is possible that the plaintiff thinks in the way you suggest, though, and so really did feel sexually threatened by Collins, but assuming her distress was such that it rises to the severe levels needed to maintain a tort claim for infliction of emotional distress, I am not sure a jury will find that his conduct reached the [/u]outrageous[/u] levels needed, though I am sure you disagree.

Purely on the contents of the note, no, I would not disagree. There's nothing particularly distressing or harmful about expressing sexual interest in someone. And, indeed, he's not being sued simply for leaving a note. Rather, the distress stems from his willingness to abuse his position of authority to track her down - she was confronted not simply with a man who was expressing sexual interest in her, but with a police officer who displayed willingness to invade her privacy and make serrupticious visits to her home. The distress is not at the sexual advances per se, but rather at being put in a position wherein she was not suitably empowered to refuse such.

Whether she felt threatened or not is, of course, entirely irrelevant under the DPPA, but it is relevant to her intentional infliction of emotional distress claim.

It's also immediately relevant to the underlying ethical question of whether what the perpetrator did was morally wrong.

He didn't work for the Chicago Police Dept.

And that's exactly why the department he does work for, is also being sued. Because they should have had explicit policies against what he did, just like pretty much every police department in the country.

Do you believe punishment should be proportionate to the offense?

Indeed. And since this guy undermined the trustworthiness and professionalism of an entire police department, his punishment should involve him no longer working in that police department.

Indeed. And since this guy undermined the trustworthiness and professionalism of an entire police department, his punishment should involve him no longer working in that police department.

With any luck your harsh opinion and desire for a punishment far in excess of the act will not prevail.

No his "crime" was to leave a note.

The list of crimes he is charged with reads differently than that. Maybe you should read the actual legal claims, before advancing such blatantly incorrect assertions.

He didn't invade her privacy,

Yes he did.

There is some dispute about whether he broke any privacy laws in doing so, but no serious argument that what he did was an invasion of privacy.

he left her a note (if that's an invasion of privacy then every piece of unsolicited mail is as well).

Every piece of unsolicited mail coming from a sender who improperly obtained your name and address, you mean. Which is exactly true: those would be invasions of privacy. They're exactly one of the specific types of privacy invasions that the DPPA was written to criminalize.

No government resources were shown to have been used.

Well that's just horseshit. This point isn't even in contention. He admits using government resources. The defense is that it wasn't illegal to do so.

He didn't use his authority to coerce her to do anything.

To the extent that that statement is accurate, it's only because she has the legal recourse of suing him on exactly the grounds that you so strenuously object to.

He didn't stalk her as that requires multiple visits and intent to harass or harm,

That what he did may not rise to the exact statutory definition of "stalking" doesn't mean that he didn't stalk her. I personally have zero issue with describing the behavior of tracking down somebody's address and then making serrupticious visits there as "stalking." It's pretty much textbook.

Both are theft, but the penalties are proportionate to the severity of the crime and impact on the victim.

Victim in this case includes the reputation and trustworthiness of the entire police department.

For breaching a citizen's privacy, stalking her, and thereby undermining the image of the entire police force.

All you're showing is how willing you are to advance preposterous misrepresentations of other people's positions. Who do you think you're fooling, exactly?

Whence the confidence that a jury is going to see things your way, exactly?

American juries tend to give the cops quite a bit of latitude or really throw the book at them,

That's for charges stemming from their actions in the line of duty. I know of no such double standard as it relates to their extracirricular activities.

For breaching a citizen's privacy, stalking her, and thereby undermining the image of the entire police force.

Nope, for leaving a single polite note.

No matter how you try to spin this you can't meet the legal definitions of these charges.

A person who intentionally and repeatedly follows or harasses another person and who makes a credible threat, either expressed or implied, with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm is guilty of the crime of stalking.

http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/stalking/

Intrusion upon seclusion occurs when a perpetrator intentionally intrudes, physically, electronically, or otherwise, upon the private space, solitude, or seclusion of a person, or the private affairs or concerns of a person, by use of the perpetrator's physical senses or by electronic device or devices to oversee or overhear the person's private affairs, or by some other form of investigation, examination, or observation intrude upon a person's private matters if the intrusion would be highly offensive to a reasonable person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privacy_laws_of_the_United_States

See, neither are even in the same universe as to what he did.

Really? You judge an entire organization on the behaviour of one person? :bugeye:

Well for you to prevail the jury has to be unanimous.

Assuming that a civil conviction by jury trial is required for me to "prevail," that is.

In point of fact, his employers could well decide that he's a liability and has violated their policies and so terminate his employment, independently of any legal convictions. Likewise, he could remain employed despite being convicted. You may recall that my preference was for him to lose his employment at the police department in question - I've not recommended any outcomes that would require a civil conviction.

There are, moreover, the other portions of the lawsuit, and of my own views, which have to do with the policies and guidelines of the police department in question as they pertain to privacy issues and use of personal information. I consider it likely that such will be changed to prevent repetition of this incident, quite independent of the results of the civil suit. The mere fact of this rube having precipitated a lawsuit, which went on to make national news, should already be sufficient incentive for them to make some needed changes along those lines.

There is also the point that most civil matters never even reach trial. There is every possibility that the police department in question will seek to reach an out-of-court settlement with the plaintiff. And not all civil trials use a jury. At this juncture, we do not even know whether a jury trial will occur at all, so it is premature to condition anything on the outcome of such (let alone, declare victory on the grounds of a hypothetical jury's presumed agreement with one's self).

Clearly you have far from that level of unanimous opinion on this board.

I see no reason to suppose that the spectrum of opinion in this thread is representative of what the jury pool will look like (let alone, the actual jury). My experience with jury duty would suggest that all of the people who voiced strong opinions of the type on display here would very likely get eliminated during jury selection. Indeed, spouting off in such a way is my own sure-fire method for getting dismissed from jury pools.

We should also note that most of the opinions voiced in this thread have been on far broader and more open-ended questions than the definite issues of law and fact that a jury would be asked to opine on. And that the burden of proof in a civil trial is much lower than in a criminal trial. If we are to believe pandaemonium's reading of the relevant case law, the meat of the issue will actually be decided by a judge, as it is an issue of what the law actually says, and not any factual question of what the defendent did or did not do. Supposing that the judge agrees that the alleged actions constitute a violation of DPPA, it will be difficult to see how a jury could fail to convict, as the actions themselves do not seem to be in dispute. The jury will not be asked to rule on whether what he did was "creepy" or not, or whether the victim's feelings of intimidation were valid or not, but only on issues of fact - none of which seem to be in dispute. The only issue appears to be a purely legalistic one of exactly what actions the DPPA does and does not cover. And that, again, is not something that juries decide (nor is there any evidence that they'd interpret such narrowly, even if they did).

Really? You judge an entire organization on the behaviour of one person? :bugeye:

I judge an entire organization by the policies it puts in place to prevent misbehavior, and its response to members who misbehave. By engaging in misbehavior, this officer has called his department in to question. If they fail to sanction him - if they, instead, defend him - then the standing of the entire organization gets degraded.

Is that clear enough for you, troll baby?

Nope, for leaving a single polite note.

No matter how you try to spin this you can't meet the legal definitions of these charges.

The legal charges in question have to do with breach of privacy/misuse of personal information. Not "leaving a note." If he'd left a note without invading anyone's privacy, there'd be no legal issue. If he's invaded the privacy, but not left any note, there'd still be an issue. The note itself is tangential, at best.

Meanwhile, I did not contend that he was guilty of meeting the relevant legal definition of "stalking." What I said was that he did, in fact, stalk her, and deserves to lose his job for doing so, totally irrespective of what the law has to say about anything.

You do understand that it is possible to do bad things, including stalking, and so deserve punishment, without breaking any specific laws, yes? And that your hair-splitting over whether it was criminal stalking, or just regular old legal stalking, is not just weak but actually undermines your basic position?

See, neither are even in the same universe as to what he did.

What he did do, was misuse public records to find her address, and then serrupticiously visit her residence to leave her love notes. That's straight up invasion of privacy and stalker behavior, regardless of whether it's technically illegal or not. You can go ahead and play defense lawyer and split hairs about whether it was technically illegal, but what's the point? Who will that impress?

By the way, I have myself had strangers leave similar notes on my car. But they weren't cops who'd pulled me over and abused their position to track down my home. They were just shy women who saw me drive by and wanted to let me know that they wanted to fuck me, but were afraid of initiating a face-to-face conversation to say so (risk of direct rejection, I suppose). I mention this to get to the question of perspective and where the lines should be drawn. I.e., the sort of advances I experienced were only borderline creepy (not nearly as bad as the weirdos who used to outright stalk me in primary school). I just let them slide, since the women in question didn't know enough to stalk me. But add an authority figure spending her spare time tracking me down, and visiting my residence? That's super creepy. There's a reason that the phrase "I know where you live" has ominous implications.

No what you are doing is making up your own definitions of invasion of privacy and stalking because the actual legal definitions don't serve your purpose.

Which is what makes you the Troll Baby.

By the way, I have myself had strangers leave similar notes on my car. But they weren't cops who'd pulled me over and abused their position to track down my home. They were just shy women who saw me drive by and wanted to let me know that they wanted to fuck me,

Sure

WhenPigsFly.jpg

Back