Why is the Religion forum so popular on a Science Board?

Kadark

Banned
Banned
Why is it that the religious section has as many posts as every science section combined?

Moderator's Note: I split these posts from the Islam and Human Rights thread. They were off-topic. Ordinarily I'd simply delete them, however it looked like a viable topic, particularly beginning around posts 9-10.

If you'd like to continue the discussion do so. But keep the Islam and Human Rights thread on topic please.

Last edited:
I can't name a single Christian on these boards off the top of my head. Maybe that guy who writes, "All praise the ancient of days" at the end of his posts. Other than that, most are atheist (unfortunately).

Yeah, which is why the religion forum is the most active one. :D

Yeah. Stop assuming that everyone who says something about Muslims here is Christian; better yet check out what they say to Christians as well.

Either Christian or extremist American, ain't no other explanation for this Deleted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not all of them are American either. There are quite a few Britishers and Australians (atheists)

i'm not talking about athiests. im talking about the ones that are always anti-arab or anti-islam, and they are always americans

I can't name a single Christian on these boards off the top of my head. Maybe that guy who writes, "All praise the ancient of days" at the end of his posts. Other than that, most are atheist (unfortunately).

Not true, there are lots of Christians on sciforums.

i'm not talking about athiests. im talking about the ones that are always anti-arab or anti-islam, and they are always americans

You shouldn't generalize, if you do you are just as bad as the ones you are accusing of bashing Islam.

Not true, there are lots of Christians on sciforums.

I said off the top of my head - it wasn't a serious tally of Christians. Do you even read the posts you reply to? Besides, take a poll, and you'll conclude that the overwhelming majority of Sciformers are atheist. No doubting that, Enmos.

I said off the top of my head - it wasn't a serious tally of Christians. Do you even read the posts you reply to? Besides, take a poll, and you'll conclude that the overwhelming majority of Sciformers are atheist. No doubting that, Enmos.

Calm down man.
I'm just saying there are lots of Christians on sciforums, I'm not saying they are the majority.
It isn't really that surprising that most are atheist, is it ? This is after all a science forum.

Calm down man.
I'm just saying there are lots of Christians on sciforums, I'm not saying they are the majority.
It isn't really that surprising that most are atheist, is it ? This is after all a science forum.

Science forum? Or so I've heard. It's funny how the most busy and active sections of these forums are World Events, Politics, and Religion. Check out the threads and posts under what I just listed, and check out the number of threads and posts under physics/math/biology/chemistry/etc. Religion ALONE has as many posts as every single science section combined. Interesting, isn't it? Maybe you're more religious than you thought.

Science forum? Or so I've heard. It's funny how the most busy and active sections of these forums are World Events, Politics, and Religion. Check out the threads and posts under what I just listed, and check out the number of threads and posts under physics/math/biology/chemistry/etc. Religion ALONE has as many posts as every single science section combined. Interesting, isn't it? Maybe you're more religious than you thought.

I said calm down, I'm not attacking you in any way.
I know the religion subforum has the most postings but thats probably because there are religious people on sciforums. The theists and the atheists constantly challenge each other to prove their point. I'm convinced there would be far less postings in the religion subforum if there we had no religious members.

They are American because I'm sure that it said "USA/America" on their profile.

I know the religion subforum has the most postings but thats probably because there are religious people on sciforums. The theists and the atheists constantly challenge each other to prove their point. I'm convinced there would be far less postings in the religion subforum if there we had no religious members.

I'm completely calm. Where did I say anything to indicate otherwise?

I just wanted to show you, Mr. Scientific Atheist, that science isn't the major topic of Sciforums. Religion and politics dominates these forums, and you're no different: a quick search showed that a mere 5.54% of your posts have been in the science section.

I'm completely calm. Where did I say anything to indicate otherwise?

I just wanted to show you, Mr. Scientific Atheist, that science isn't the major topic of Sciforums. Religion and politics dominates these forums, and you're no different: a quick search showed that a mere 5.54% of your posts have been in the science section.

You are not calm, you more close to frantic. Things like "Mr. Scientific Atheist" give it away.
And so what if I posted most of my posts in the religion subforum ?
We can also reverse things and ask you why you post on a science forum..
The fact that there are religious members intensifies posting in the religious subforum. And I'm don't mean to say anything bad about theists by that, just saying before you throw that at me.

Are you kidding? Look at the posting history and see where the atheists figure more.

You are not calm, you more close to frantic. Things like "Mr. Scientific Atheist" give it away.

Well, in any case, I'm certainly calm at the moment. You said nothing to anger me.

And so what if I posted most of my posts in the religion subforum ?

Well, it is a science forum, isn't it? And you are atheist, right?

We can also reverse things and ask you why you post on a science forum..

I'll stop posting altogether if you'd like.

Are you kidding? Look at the posting history and see where the atheists figure more.

I did not say that the theists started the majority of the threads. But the fact that there are theists means that the atheists will have something to kick against.

I did not say that the theists started the majority of the threads. But the fact that there are theists means that the atheists will have something to kick against.

Which takes up a major portion of their time here. So much for rational thinking.

Well, in any case, I'm certainly calm at the moment. You said nothing to anger me.

Well, it is a science forum, isn't it? And you are atheist, right?

I'll stop posting altogether if you'd like.

:confused:
It's good that you are calm, I'll take your word for it.
Yes, it is a science forum and I am an atheist. But I guess it was more the tone that did it.
I really don't care whether you stop posting or not, I don't even know you. Why do you have to keep being sarcastic (I'll stop posting altogether if you'd like.) ? It's sentences like that that make me think you are not calm.

Back