Why hate the pagans?

Silverback; not sure if you were repeating my question, or asking about my quote. My quote is from Three Dog Night, which might seem like old stuff to you, because it is!
I was just being silly, because you quoted lyrics, thought I would too, and that was the first thing that popped into my mind. So, -later! PMT

alain wrote:
im not saying there is a big difference, though scientists have proved at least small differences. also, it would deffinately be averages, if you take 1 of each, who knows, if you take a hundred thousand, im fairly sure i would be proved right. I honestly dont know how they are smarter. It is hard to prove a negative, but most religions have it so that it is also hard to prove the positive.

How can scientists prove that anyone is morally superior to another. Do you honestly think that very many Christians would admit being immoral? Some athiests might think being immoral would be a rather rebellious macho thing; but Christians would be in big trouble with the "keep it clean" organizations.

"You paint with a very wide brush my friend." with 6 billion people in the world, finer details often need to be lost. ALso, thanx for the friend bit on the end

"How are you doing anyhow? Have not seen your posts for a while" u dont wanna hear me bitching about school, so ill mostly keep quiet about this, i have been writing in other forums apart from religion so i guess it depends which ones u read., how r u?

I would be interested in your major, alain, I am always interested in education, but prefer folks that think for themselves, thus the forum, where at least some do.

PMT - "make a judgment and then cling to that judgment"
gotta admit, ur right, happens all the time with music
"i hate The Cat Empire"
*cue, music*
"this song's good, whose it buy?"
"cat empire"
"i hate this song"

Whatever you say, bud. :)

PMT "I would be interested in your major, alain, I am always interested in education, but prefer folks that think for themselves, thus the forum, where at least some do."

i dont have a major, im only in high school, are you at uni? if so, whats your major?

alian:

No, I am out of school. It is just that I sincerely believe we should never stop learning. This old world changes fast, and by keeping an open ear to new comers from cradle up, we who might think we are through with school realize that we have just begun.

If it is any comfort to you, college is more fun insomuch as you will most likely feel more in charge of your subjects, or at least it seemed that way to me. In addition, most of the ones who attend college do so because they are interested in learning. If you can avoid the hazing and extremes, and be your own person, you will one day turn around and pat yourself on the back.

When I was in school, my major was business. If I were to go back, it would not be business. Does that tell you anything? :bugeye: I allowed myself to get stuck, but what I truly like is philosophy, history, geography and politics.
Nothing to me is more exciting then feeling attached in some way to the world at large. Cheers. PMT

Hi PMT

Sorry, I should have put a "quote" around that question. Basically, I think you and I are pretty much on the same wavelength on this issue. "Hate" is an overused word, perhaps "intolerance" is better. There are a great many religious people who are quite tolerant and friendly.

But predjudice still exists, no?

The lyrics were from a song called "Witch hunt" and it is about a town of supposedly good people who are convinced by their religious leaders to murder an innocent girl. A witch hunt, thus the title. Our discussion was about religious people who hate/fear/dislike pagans even if they don't really know what a pagan is. It seemed appropriate and the line "Ignorance and predjudice and fear walk hand in hand" seemed fairly self-explanitory.

And yes, I know Three Dog Night. Ahhh, flashback to the days of youth. Do you know the Canadian band Rush? (Geddy Lee, Neal Peart, Alex Lifeson). They are authors of the quote I used, only a few years after the days of TDN.

And yes, I was being intentionally silly in that post, I had hoped that was evident. :D

* makes himself a note: "Use more winkies" ;) ;) *

PMT - "No, I am out of school. It is just that I sincerely believe we should never stop learning. This old world changes fast, and by keeping an open ear to new comers from cradle up, we who might think we are through with school realize that we have just begun.

If it is any comfort to you, college is more fun insomuch as you will most likely feel more in charge of your subjects, or at least it seemed that way to me. In addition, most of the ones who attend college do so because they are interested in learning. If you can avoid the hazing and extremes, and be your own person, you will one day turn around and pat yourself on the back.

When I was in school, my major was business. If I were to go back, it would not be business. Does that tell you anything? I allowed myself to get stuck, but what I truly like is philosophy, history, geography and politics.
Nothing to me is more exciting then feeling attached in some way to the world at large. Cheers. PMT"

thanks for the advice, im probably going for History or Medicine, cheers

Back