Why do Xians think Mohammad was possessed by Satan?

Sam i challange you, walk to the local mental hospital and say "I hear the voice of god"
You will not get a diagnosis of schizophrenia for saying you hear the voice of God, period. In fact you won't get any diagnosis at all for saying that alone.

Actually that was a claim made by jews against Jesus. that He was possessed by a demon and He was a blasphemer. They had Him killed for it.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days
You mean some powerful jews labeled him that way. Other Jews were his followers or his mother, for example, or himself.

Jesus, a Jew, did not think that he was possessed by a demon.

You mean some powerful jews labeled him that way. Other Jews were his followers or his mother, for example, or himself.

Ok. I will accept it was a percentage of Jews. As for what percentage that was, It was enough to have Jesus executed without opposition in Jerusalem 3 years into His ministry.

Jesus, a Jew, did not think that he was possessed by a demon.

I disagree. Jesus was the Messiah the son of God born from the power of the Holy Spirit. He was born to a Jewish human mother and He had a body of flesh and blood but he was not a Jew, He was the Word made Flesh.

So as one who believes Jesus i proclaim muhammed to be accursed.

The fact that it teaches things contrary to the teachings of Jesus makes it a deception and accursed.

Using the word “accursed” is practicing the belief one can speak something into existence in a credulous magical setting.

Puff the magic dragon will breathe fire down on those accursing. :rolleyes:

Anybody can take a fable and turn it into something thats going to get you. If you disbelieve then Puff has an eternal place for tormenting a nonbeliever. :bawl:

Last edited:
Some even think that Mohammad was Satan. Pretty much all Xians think the Qur'an is the Devil's Recipe book.

Why?

Google "Muhammad possessed Satan" >14,100 hits in <0.36 seconds

Lets assume that Mohammad WAS a Prophet.
Lets assume that the Qur'an is from God.

Then why are Christians blind to this? Why do they think the exact opposite?

Just plain weird........
Not all Christians take this view, and some Christians are much more tolerant than others. You would be surprised, but there are even a few conservative Southern Baptists out there who are more educated and more tolerant than most supposedly "liberal" Christians out there. Just to admit to how improbable this may seem to someone who hasn't had much experience here, it floored me at first to realize it. Really, I think they are less "conservative" and more...more avid than usual Protestants. I've even encountered a couple who are fence-sitters on abortion, for goodness sake. My views on political lines have blurred so greatly, my former loathing toward conservatives has gotten more specific, toward the GOP's leadership. The GOP is without a doubt a criminal conspiracy, but I see the majority of conservatives, at this point, as mostly innocent in the matter.

I imagine that some Christians are prejudiced against Islam because they spent hundreds of years of their history dedicating their entire lives to endeavoring to wipe each other out. It probably stemmed mostly from a political hatred between the Romans and various Middle and Near Eastern cultures. I think it was an existing feud that only metamorphosed into a religious dispute later on.

Jesus...was born to a Jewish human mother and He had a body of flesh and blood but he was not a Jew...

Pray tell... WHY not / HOW so.

Cite each and every pertinent Scripture supporting your contention.

Do NOT spout cultic opinions/ideas predicated upon intellectual 'ruminations' of theological dogma.

Pray tell... WHY not / HOW so.

Cite each and every pertinent Scripture supporting your contention.

Do NOT spout cultic opinions/ideas predicated upon intellectual 'ruminations' of theological dogma.

Here are a couple of biblical verses supporting your disputation.
"Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him." Matthew 2:2

Pilate questioned Him, "Are You the King of the Jews?" And He answered him, "It is as you say." Mark 15:2, Luke 23:3

Originally Posted by Adstar
Jesus...was born to a Jewish human mother and He had a body of flesh and blood but he was not a Jew...

The New Testament lists Jesus lineage presenting he was a Jew, indeed.

Luke 3:23 through 3:38 represents the lineage of Jesus from Adam to Abraham to King David's son Nathan to Salathiel and Zorobabel to Joseph.
Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Matthew 1:17 So all the generations
from Abraham to David are fourteen generations;
and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations;
and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.

Last edited:
Ok. I will accept it was a percentage of Jews. As for what percentage that was, It was enough to have Jesus executed without opposition in Jerusalem 3 years into His ministry.
This implies that it was somehow a democracy and that since the complainers managed to get it through they had some majority. Are yoiu antisemitic?
I disagree. Jesus was the Messiah the son of God born from the power of the Holy Spirit. He was born to a Jewish human mother and He had a body of flesh and blood but he was not a Jew, He was the Word made Flesh.
God chose a Jewish woman to be the mother of God. He placed this person in amongst Jews and Jews became his followers and friends and family. If you want to argue that Jesus was not Jewish this way, he certainly was not anything else. But genetically and socially and by upbringing and theologically he was Jewish. He came to fulfill the OT not some other religions texts or beliefs.

This implies that it was somehow a democracy and that since the complainers managed to get it through they had some majority. Are yoiu antisemitic?

I thought that antisemitic tag would come out from you sooner or later. The answer to your question is No i am not antisemitic, in fact the most wonderful woman i have ever encountered in my life was a Jewish woman who was a Messianic Jew. If i was ever going to marry a woman in my life it would have been her. My deep wish is for the salvation of the Jewish people.

As for democracy, Yeah democracy exists in even the most dictatorial powers. When people believe an issue is of vital importance no Authority can rule when the majority of their people are willing to kill and die for an issue that the authority opposes.

God chose a Jewish woman to be the mother of God.

He chose the Jewish people also but that was not because of their righteousness. He decided to create a nation and place them at the central crossroads of world civilization, between Africa Asia and Europe. For His purpose. He did not do it for the purpose of the Jews.

So if the Word wants to become flesh and chooses to be born, then yeah He must choose a woman to enter into. Is this because this woman is worthy, pure and perfect enough to be the mother of God? No. That type of thinking starts a cult. Lets call it the Mary cult... oh that has already started hasn't it.

Anyway if Jesus inherited Mary's DNA then he would have inherited her human fallen state and would not have been sinless. He was a product of the Holy Spirit. 100%.

He placed this person in amongst Jews and Jews became his followers and friends and family. If you want to argue that Jesus was not Jewish this way, he certainly was not anything else.

I am not arguing He was anything but 100% sinless. He was like Adam in that God did not need a woman to create Adam.

1 Corinthians 15
45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Romans 5
14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.

But genetically and socially and by upbringing and theologically he was Jewish. He came to fulfill the OT not some other religions texts or beliefs.

Talk about backward thinking. So The WORD obtained His theological thinking from the Jews? No. It was the other way around if you believe the Jews obtained their scriptures from God / Word / Spirit . Jesus is the Word and was before Abraham.

John 8
58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

So to say that Jesus was a product of the Jewish culture is to deny that He is the WORD. The great "I AM'.

So i have to disagree with you on nearly all your points here. Jesus was not a normal human being with all the built in flaws every man has had since Adam obtained the knowledge of good and evil. And He did not come to His teachings / theology by being taught them by men.

You do know JC was 100% jew?

Rabbi, took up his father's business, his mother thought he was the son of god, how much more jewish can you get?

Gentiles stole the religion, but Jesus came for the Jews.

You do know JC was 100% jew?

Rabbi, took up his father's business, his mother thought he was the son of god, how much more jewish can you get?

Gentiles stole the religion, but Jesus came for the Jews.

:D The Gentiles believed Him. they did not seek to steal Him from the Jews. The Majority of the Jews rejected Him. They threw Him out'

Isaiah 65
1 “I was sought by those who did not ask for Me;
I was found by those who did not seek Me.
I said, ‘Here I am, here I am,’
To a nation that was not called by My name.
2 I have stretched out My hands all day long to a rebellious people,
Who walk in a way that is not good,

Psalm 118
21 I will praise You,
For You have answered me,
And have become my salvation.
22 The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
23 This was the LORD’s doing;
It is marvelous in our eyes.

Mark 12
1 Then He began to speak to them in parables: “A man planted a vineyard and set a hedge around it, dug a place for the wine vat and built a tower. And he leased it to vinedressers and went into a far country. 2 Now at vintage-time he sent a servant to the vinedressers, that he might receive some of the fruit of the vineyard from the vinedressers. 3 And they took him and beat him and sent him away empty-handed. 4 Again he sent them another servant, and at him they threw stones, wounded him in the head, and sent him away shamefully treated. 5 And again he sent another, and him they killed; and many others, beating some and killing some. 6 Therefore still having one son, his beloved, he also sent him to them last, saying, ‘They will respect my son.’ 7 But those vinedressers said among themselves, ‘This is the heir. Come, let us kill him, and the inheritance will be ours.’ 8 So they took him and killed him and cast him out of the vineyard.
9 “Therefore what will the owner of the vineyard do? He will come and destroy the vinedressers, and give the vineyard to others. 10 Have you not even read this Scripture:

‘ The stone which the builders rejected
Has become the chief cornerstone.
11 This was the LORD’s doing,
And it is marvelous in our eyes’?”

12 And they sought to lay hands on Him, but feared the multitude, for they knew He had spoken the parable against them. So they left Him and went away.

:D The Gentiles believed Him. they did not seek to steal Him from the Jews. The Majority of the Jews rejected Him. They threw Him out'

Of course, Jews expect real messiahs to deliver. No deliver - false messiah.
JC definitely failed to deliver and was discarded like all te other false messiahs at the time.

They were a dime a dozen you know.

Back