why do some theists believe in Darwinian evolution?

And your guess is based on what?

Look around you. The world is going to shit. The U.S. will be out of the Middle East by 2014.. there will be all out war in the Middle East when Iran, and Turkey attack Israel. And when America defends its allie Russia will attack us, then England, France, and Japan have no choice but to engage. China will attack Tiwan, N. Korea, will attack S. Korea. Do you think we will be able to keep both Russia and China off our shores? I sure don't. My suggestion is arm up and fight for your neighbor, not your nation because they are the reason WWIII is on our doorstep.

Look around you. The world is going to shit.
In other words: nothing.
How is it "going to shit" anymore than, say, 60 years ago?

The U.S. will be out of the Middle East by 2014.. there will be all out war in the Middle East when Iran, and Turkey attack Israel.
Wild guess.

And when America defends its allie Russia will attack us, then England, France, and Japan have no choice but to engage.
You're joking, right?

China will attack Tiwan, N. Korea, will attack S. Korea. Do you think we will be able to keep both Russia and China off our shores?
:roflmao:

I sure don't. My suggestion is arm up and fight for your neighbor, not your nation because they are the reason WWIII is on our doorstep.
You really should change your user name. How about "Ignorance91"?

In other words: nothing.
How is it "going to shit" anymore than, say, 60 years ago?

Wild guess.

You're joking, right?

:roflmao:

You really should change your user name. How about "Ignorance91"?

Haters gon hate

If creation is not just seen as a incidental consequence in support of the plan, why wouldn't evolution?
We seem to be confusing each other. Perhaps it is the grammatical structure of the quote, which seems ambiguous to me.

I did not say that creation was an incidental part of the hypothetical plan. If such a plan existed Iwould think creation (of the whole universe) would be an essential part of the plan.

I am merely saying that there is no obvious reason why evolution must be part of a plan. The plan may have nothing to do with life at all. Why would you assume it does? The only reasons i can think of are that a) you are alive b) it says so in the scriptures. I don't think either of those are very good reasons.

. . . perhaps God created the ingredients . . and used evolution (ONE of God's processes) to 'bake-the-cake! . . . if 1 day (God's) = 1000 years, and the cake is still baking ? ? ? ! . . . perhaps in God's 'realm' there is no real 'time' as we understand it (perhaps a 'man-made' construct for convenience?) and (relatively) one day could be eons . . . or forever.

wlminex

This is simply unnecessary to the theory. If you want to believe in God, go ahead, but the origin of the variety of life does not support it.

We seem to be confusing each other. Perhaps it is the grammatical structure of the quote, which seems ambiguous to me.

I did not say that creation was an incidental part of the hypothetical plan. If such a plan existed Iwould think creation (of the whole universe) would be an essential part of the plan.

I am merely saying that there is no obvious reason why evolution must be part of a plan. The plan may have nothing to do with life at all. Why would you assume it does? The only reasons i can think of are that a) you are alive b) it says so in the scriptures. I don't think either of those are very good reasons.

Theists regard creation, life, and death as part of God's plan.
Why wouldn't they see evolution as part of that plan?
Why bother to believe it is true if it serves no purpose?
Why not just accept that God created the species, like it says in the scriputure?
It can be argued that they actually go against the scriptures, therefore God, by accepting evolution.
So their reason must be strong, and connected to God.

jan.

Last edited:
I think it does, unless your conception of God is pantheistic. There is just nothing for God to do, it's extraneous and unnecessary to the process.

Lets just say evolution looks completely unplanned from our perspective but that doesn't mean anything when we're talking about omnipotent, omniscient God.

Ah right. So god's omniscience and plan for mankind didn't include unplanned evolution.
How does that work?

FYI God's omniscience includes everything that will ever happen as well as all possible modalities (everything that could ever happen).

Lets just say evolution looks completely unplanned from our perspective but that doesn't mean anything when we're talking about omnipotent, omniscient God.

But that would mean that we are not part of his plan. So which is it, are we planned or not ?

If we were planned, why create dinosaurs and everything in between. Was it practicing ?

Doesn't sound like an omniscient God to me.

Why would it use evolution ?

Back