Why are morons often theists?

Just wondering, you know...

Cos intelligence is inversely correlated to evolutionary benefits. Advanced weaponry, dispassionate murder, serial killings, eugenics, militancy, madness, substance abuse and suicide are all highly correlated with intelligence.

It's topics like this that made me post the following in another thread:

As a Christian, I couldn't agree more. And of course, it's a two way street, and unfortunately there are those here at sciforums who fall into this category.

The only way that we'll all be able to get along is to get sympathetically into one another's shoes. If you don't believe in God, you need to try to understand why anybody does, or we're not going to be able to work in a pluralistic society.

When the new atheist books (Dawkins, Hitchens, and company) say that religion is bad, that's not a new thesis. What's new about those books is that they say respect for religion is bad.

If you counsel one section of your population to belittle and disdain the beliefs of another group of people - who's beliefs give them great joy and meaning if life - and do nothing to understand the other group - that's a recipe for social disaster. I've actually ignored replies on these boards just for that reason alone.

Cos intelligence is inversely correlated to evolutionary benefits. Advanced weaponry, dispassionate murder, serial killings, eugenics, militancy, madness, substance abuse and suicide are all highly correlated with intelligence.

Clearly it's better to be stupid. Hence the 95% of the population that are theist. You win.

Clearly it's better to be stupid. Hence the 95% of the population that are theist. You win.

Of course, God only made athiests as a form of population control. They are required to make policies for mass starvation and design weapons of mass destruction.

Then they go to hell, where they clean toilets with a toothbrush.:shrug:

It's topics like this that made me post the following in another thread:

Respect for people is good. Respect for an institution that promotes fragmentation, elitism, genocide, cultism, and blind acceptance is bad.

Of course, God only made athiests as a form of population control. They are required to make policies for mass starvation and design weapons of mass destruction.

Then they go to hell, where they clean toilets with a toothbrush.:shrug:
At least it's good, honest work.

Oops. I forgot that part.

Exhibit A: This site.

There are idiots on both sides. Out of respect, I'm not going to state any specific names, although it's readily apparent who they are. I've learned from this site that many theists are hateful towards other theists of differing religions, and many atheists just hate religion altogether (and sometimes feel the need to advertise their own views).

There are idiots on both sides. Out of respect, I'm not going to state any specific names, although it's readily apparent who they are. I've learned from this site that many theists are hateful towards other theists of differing religions, and many atheists just hate religion altogether (and sometimes feel the need to advertise their own views).
Right. Did I mention that I absolutely loathe religion?

there are equally the same statistical number of morons theists as there are moron atheists. there are equally the same statistical number of "geeky" theists as theere are "geeky" atheists.

there are equally the same statistical number of morons theists as there are moron atheists. there are equally the same statistical number of "geeky" theists as theere are "geeky" atheists.

No way. Atheists are seriously Mensa crowd. Thats why no one can (under)stand them. :shrug:

Not a different religion surely, and not all that hateful?:bawl:

Unfortunately, many (not all) theists show extreme rudeness and disrespect to the beliefs of theists of other religions. I can think of a bunch of people like that off the top of my head. Of course, this doesn't really carry over from Internet to reality, because in person, people are more scared of saying something offensive.

everyone shows the same level of rudeness, atheists and theists. All religions are equally rude in a particular aspect and all religions are equally honest and respectful.

Back