who caused evil

Who is "we" referring to? I don't remember choosing to leave the kingdom of God.
Well I don't think you can remember...just like the many past memories, dreams, etc...you can't remember....

You think nightmares are cause by ignorance??
Yeah, exactly....you don't want to have a nightmare or bad dream, but your ignorance causes it....similarly you don't want to suffer, you don't horrible, miserable, terrible things to happen, but your own ignorance causes it...

So, when the mother of a murdered child asks you why God let this happen, you'd tell her it's because God wanted other good things to be appreciated more?
God didn't "let it happen", it happened by karma, karma is the imprinted thought-energy on you, if you were in the kingdom of God, it could've never happened...

not only did I give you an answer (the answer was "yes" if it escaped you) but I gave you a reason for my answer

Heh, I should have been clearer. I was curious as to whether or not you really believe this:

ashura said:
So, when the mother of a murdered child asks you why God let this happen, you'd tell her it's because God wanted other good things to be appreciated more?

not if you believed this:

lightgigantic said:
emotional circumstances are not the best for discussing philosophy - philosophy however can determine the nature of emotional circumstances

By that logic, since the real world is a reality that God, for some reason, created, maintains, etc, this is his world, his universe and he allows all the suffering in the world. What a bastard. :)

hahahahaha

Good one :D

emotional circumstances are not the best for discussing philosophy - philosophy however can determine the nature of emotional circumstances

;)

wow, so you believe that evil can be used to make others better....that sounds like complete bullshit....for several reasons....

Number 1, evil often makes people even MORE evil. An example is child molestors; a child molestor is likely (90% likely) to have been molested when they were younger. What kind of fucking purpose would that serve?

Number 2, a hurricane hitting a large town or city. Sure, many people would become "good" by helping the unfortuante, but many would also become more brutal because of the storm. The rules of nature would than apply: stealing for food, killing and murder for survival (or greed).

Evil serves no purpose except to make people even MORE evil....and to create MORE EVIL PEOPLE. Let's face it, God created evil because HE/SHE is half evil itself.

shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? Amos 3:6

who brought evil into the world?

And while he yet talked with them, behold, the messenger came down unto him: and he said, Behold, this evil is of the LORD; what should I wait for the LORD any longer 2 Kings 6:33
so we can gather from this, the loving god of the bible uses evil.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7
and we can gather from this, that this loving god created evil and is proud of it.

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? Amos 3:6
and from this we can gather, wherever there is evil, god is the instigator

all from KJV

Amo 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

How can you reconcile this "seeming" prophet? Don't cut dear; it's an old trick.

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

How can you reconcile this "seeming" prophet? Don't cut dear; it's an old trick.
yes, he states god will do nothing at this time, but has shown god has revealed himself to be, the direct cause of evil, to his servants and prophets.
your point is?.

Amos 3:8: The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken,
who can but prophesy?

Heh, I should have been clearer. I was curious as to whether or not you really believe this:

not if you believed this:

so is your question whether I believe the mother of a murdered child is in a suitable emotional state to understand philosophy?

Dan

Originally Posted by lightgigantic

wow, so you believe that evil can be used to make others better....that sounds like complete bullshit....for several reasons....

Number 1, evil often makes people even MORE evil. An example is child molestors; a child molestor is likely (90% likely) to have been molested when they were younger. What kind of fucking purpose would that serve?
for one it could serve as a result to a previous sinful activity of the victim
Number 2, a hurricane hitting a large town or city. Sure, many people would become "good" by helping the unfortuante, but many would also become more brutal because of the storm. The rules of nature would than apply: stealing for food, killing and murder for survival (or greed).
once again, as above

Evil serves no purpose except to make people even MORE evil....and to create MORE EVIL PEOPLE. Let's face it, God created evil because HE/SHE is half evil itself.
if that was the case evil would go on unchecked at an exponential rate - since that is not obviously the case, there must be something wrong with your thesis

At a guess though I think you are just taking into account a small spectrum of this earthly life as the all in all and haven't really contemplated the vastness of universal time and the extremes that may ensue from things finding their natural balance

Last edited by a moderator:
So?

yes, he states god will do nothing at this time, but has shown god has revealed himself to be, the direct cause of evil, to his servants and prophets.
your point is?.

Amos 3:8: The lion hath roared, who will not fear? the Lord GOD hath spoken,
who can but prophesy?
And you think you can but prophesy? LOL you cannot, because you've not heard GOD.

Back