Which One is the "Word of God"?

SetiAlpha6

Come Let Us Reason Together
Valued Senior Member
Which of these versions of the Lord’s Prayer is the real “Word of God”?

Is it this one?

Luke 11:2-4 (King James Version)
2And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
3Give us day by day our daily bread.
4And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.

Or this one?

Luke 11:2-4 (New King James Version)
2 So He said to them, “When you pray, say:
Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
3 Give us day by day our daily bread.
4 And forgive us our sins,
For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.”

Or maybe this one?

Luke 11:2-5 (New American Standard Bible)
2And He said to them, "When you pray, say:
'Father, hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
3'Give us each day our daily bread.
4'And forgive us our sins,
For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.'"

Or this one?

Luke 11:2-4 (New International Version)
2He said to them, "When you pray, say:
" 'Father, hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come.
3Give us each day our daily bread.
4Forgive us our sins,
for we also forgive everyone who sins against us.
And lead us not into temptation. ' "

Or perhaps this one?

Luke 11:2-4 (Contemporary English Version)
2So Jesus told them, "Pray in this way:
`Father, help us
to honor your name.
Come and set up
your kingdom.
3Give us each day
the food we need. [a] 4Forgive our sins,
as we forgive everyone
who has done wrong to us.
And keep us
from being tempted.' "

Or this one?

Luke 11:2-4 (New Life Version)
2 Jesus said to them, "When you pray, say, 'Our Father in heaven, Your name is holy. May Your holy nation come. *What You want done, may it be done on earth as it is in heaven. 3 Give us the bread we need everyday. 4 Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. Do not let us be tempted.' "

Or how about this one?

Luke 11:2-4 (The Message)
2-4 So he said, "When you pray, say,
Father, Reveal who you are.
Set the world right.
Keep us alive with three square meals.
Keep us forgiven with you and forgiving others.
Keep us safe from ourselves and the Devil."

They really cannot all be true because they are all different. They even teach different "truths". So which one is it? Which one is the real thing?

And please don’t just tell me what your personal favorite is.

Which one is the very “Word of God”?

Last edited:
Which of these versions of the Lord’s Prayer is the real “Word of God”?

M*W: None of them. The "word of god" is the "logos." The "logos" comes from the myths of the zodiac -- the word of god (the sun).

If you read the above with this in mind, it will all make sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think the New International Version is the most accurate Bible tranlsation out there.
However, none of them are the words of God, they are the words attributed to Luke.

Why do you ask?

Let me ask you...
Whats the REAL meaning of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"?
You think you may interpret it differently than I do?
Even if we interpret it the same, do you think we will use identical words to explain the meaning?

Have you ever read a piece of literature that was translated from another language?
Have you ever noticed that many different pieces of literature that have been tranlated to English, have been done so a number of time, and they are all a little differently?
In a very old story, such as Gilgamesh, for example, it is especially prevalent because languages evolve over time.
Have you ever noticed that?
Curious isnt it?

I personally think the New International Version is the most accurate Bible tranlsation out there. However, none of them are the words of God, they are the words attributed to Luke.

Why do you ask?

Let me ask you...
Even if we interpret it the same, do you think we will use identical words to explain the meaning?

Have you ever read a piece of literature that was translated from another language?
Have you ever noticed that many different pieces of literature that have been tranlated to English, have been done so a number of time, and they are all a little differently?

In a very old story, such as Gilgamesh, for example, it is especially prevalent because languages evolve over time.
Curious isnt it?

M*W: I'd like to comment on Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. Growing up in the 60s, we all thought it stood for "LSD." I have a different opinion now. I believe it stands for "Lucifer up in the Sky with all the other Stars." If I could remember some of the words, I might be able to take this further.

which reminds me of a completely of topic joke
these two art critics are discussing a painting of three black men walking into a shower, and one of them had a white john thomas, one says "I think the artist is trying to express how black folk long to be white" the others says "no no the reason it's white, is show white dominence" just then a man interupted them and "I'm the artist, and the pictures of three miners, at the end of the day, and the one in the middle, when up to see his wife the wages clerk, before he clocked off, need I say more"

and it was about LSD

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
Towering over your head
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
And she's gone

Lucy in the sky with diamonds
Aaaaahhhhh...

Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmellow pies
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers
That grow so incredibly high

Newpaper taxis appear on the shore
Waiting to take you away
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds
And you're gone

Aaaaahhhhh...

Picture yourself on a train in a station
With plasticine porters with looking glass ties
Suddenly someone is there at the turnstyle
The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes

Aaaaahhhhh...
Aaaaahhhhh...
Lucy in the sky with diamonds (fade out)

Last edited:
I personally think the New International Version is the most accurate Bible tranlsation out there.
However, none of them are the words of God, they are the words attributed to Luke.

Why do you ask?

Let me ask you...

Curious isnt it?

I agree with what you are saying.

I ask because people have historically based their own lives, and the death of everyone else who opposes them, on the words found in this particular collection of writings, the Bible.

No one I know of, on this planet is treating “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” in that way.

Picture yourself in a boat on a river,
With people who are ready to kill you
Simply because you disagree with them…

Every version of the Bible has been translated, supposedly by experts in the field, yet the “truth” changes and can even invert itself depending on who translates it.

If the "experts" cannot figure it out then why should anyone else think that they can?

Regards

Last edited:
and it was about LSD

Picture yourself in a boat on a river
With tangerine trees and marmalade skies
Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly
A girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Cellophane flowers of yellow and green
Towering over your head
Look for the girl with the sun in her eyes
And she's gone

Aaaaahhhhh...

Follow her down to a bridge by a fountain
Where rocking horse people eat marshmellow pies
Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers
That grow so incredibly high

Newpaper taxis appear on the shore
Waiting to take you away
Climb in the back with your head in the clouds
And you're gone

Aaaaahhhhh...

Picture yourself on a train in a station
With plasticine porters with looking glass ties
Suddenly someone is there at the turnstyle
The girl with the kaleidoscope eyes

Aaaaahhhhh...
Aaaaahhhhh...
Lucy in the sky with diamonds (fade out)

M*W: I would definitely agree with you on this one.

M*W: Please explain what you mean.

The only thing we can all agree on god doing (of the people who actually believe in god) is that he created the universe. So then, doesn't it seem logical that the only way to truly know god and his intent (if he has any) is to look at the universe and the natural flow of things in general? A human cannot manipulate nature like he can manipulate words.

The only thing we can all agree on god doing (of the people who actually believe in god) is that he created the universe. So then, doesn't it seem logical that the only way to truly know god and his intent (if he has any) is to look at the universe and the natural flow of things in general? A human cannot manipulate nature like he can manipulate words.

M*W: Sorry, I don't agree in a god-created universe. The universe and all its workings don't prove a god exists. It just proves there is a natural order of things. Man can manipulate and recreate nature. I remember in ninth-grade chemistry, we created a thunderstorm in a jar. Now we can create human life in Petri dishes. These things don't require a god. We can do it ourselves. Believing in a god only distracts from our human potential. Instead of believing in everlasting life, we should concentrate on creating everlasting life.

M*W: Sorry, I don't agree in a god-created universe. The universe and all its workings don't prove a god exists. It just proves there is a natural order of things. Man can manipulate and recreate nature. I remember in ninth-grade chemistry, we created a thunderstorm in a jar. Now we can create human life in Petri dishes. These things don't require a god. We can do it ourselves. Believing in a god only distracts from our human potential. Instead of believing in everlasting life, we should concentrate on creating everlasting life.

No, we cannot manipulate nature. We can only observe how it already works and then set up a situation in which we can accurately predict nature's reaction.

Also, what is the difference between god and a natural order? Does it not seem plausible that a web of connections such as our mind could not also occur in the patterns of current flowing throughout the universe. Consciousness is not as we think it is. Intelligence is just a complex set of cause and effect. Awareness is just an imprinted equation that allows for a wider set of variables than before. God is nothing like we think.

No, we cannot manipulate nature. We can only observe how it already works and then set up a situation in which we can accurately predict nature's reaction.

Also, what is the difference between god and a natural order? Does it not seem plausible that a web of connections such as our mind could not also occur in the patterns of current flowing throughout the universe. Consciousness is not as we think it is. Intelligence is just a complex set of cause and effect. Awareness is just an imprinted equation that allows for a wider set of variables than before. God is nothing like we think.

M*W: We can clone, cure diseases, extend life and health.

God is nothing, I think.

No, we cannot manipulate nature.

By the very fact that you are using a devise you type your crap in, each instant you hit a key on your keyboard, your are by default manipulating nature! :rolleyes:

Jesus would not have spoken English,this has all been translated to English so the words are different then what he would have spoken. They would have the same meaning since they came from the same source even if the words are different.

Last edited:
The word of god is the truth,it lasts for all of time so the true meaning would be the word of god. Jesus spoke hebrew and this has all been translated to english so the words are different then what he would have spoken. They wold have all came from the same source originally!

M*W: How do you know Jesus spoke Hebrew? Have you ever heard of Aramaic? What difference does it make? Why was the NT written in Greek if he spoke Aramaic?

Back