Which is the more enlightened way to think?

Which is the more enlightened way to think?

• A

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • B

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • D

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
Its one of the things religious people used to cults of personas have trouble understanding. Buddhism isn't about the Buddha. He's just a character in a book. Its about each person figuring out their own life and their own mind.

There are many, many Buddhists who would disagree with you about this.

Why?

Believe it or not Enmos, you don't have to be an arse hole like position A or B and can still have faith that Xenu will come for you in his magcial flying saucer :)

It should also be noted that position A is taken with the attitude that ALL other belief systems are somewhat wrong. It's a very narrow and small minded simplistic position to take, one that helps propagate the very problems we see in the middle east. While it's difficult for the boy (or girl) in the bubble to see this, that is in fact the case.

In essence you could see it like this:

You go your way and I go mine.
OR
Live and let Live.

somewhat similar and yet oceans apart.

NOTE: Apparently while everyone was asleep The Last Alien Prophet, Ron Hubbard (pbuh) took a magical flying saucer ride up to Alpha Centaury and looked around. In Alien Heaven he sits on the right side of Xenu...

Heh.. perhaps I was wrong ;)

There are many, many Buddhists who would disagree with you about this.

A few have from time to time, most however have agreed with me.

Oddly enough, the ones who disagreed with me have never issued any fatwas condemning me to death like is done in islame.

(Apologies for necromancy.)

This oughtta be fun...

I'm surprised that not a single person here chose option B. Doesn't this option correlate most closely to the views of the more vehement sects of athiesm?

(B)
To: Person who rejects my Faith.
1. I consider yours to be a false and, at least somewhat, a corrupted faith,
2. As per (1) I will not worship your corrupted faith.
3. I know my faith to be the only true and uncorrupted faith,
4. As per (To: ), you, will not worship my faith.
In conclusion:
Unless you convert, you will continue to worship your false and corrupted faith and I will continue to worship the one and only true faith.

Sincerely,
The One and Only True Last Prophet

Heh.

A few have from time to time, most however have agreed with me.

Oddly enough, the ones who disagreed with me have never issued any fatwas condemning me to death like is done in islame.

You should have been in Tibet when they were skinning the Banpos alive for rejecting Buddhism.:)

Re: post #45. I ought to have stated such with respect to science and scientific method, rather.

1. Say : O ye that reject Faith!
2. I worship not that which ye worship,
3. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
4. And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,
5. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.
6. To you be your Way, and to me mine.

Not sure if it's been noticed or discussed yet but this is from the Qu'ran.

Back