When should abortion be allowed?

Abortion should be legal and available...

• Total voters
Madanthonywayne said:

Here I was thinking, "That's a good one, Tiassa!". And then I see you were quoting me.

You never did answer whether you had statistics on that or it was an issue of fancy. Or maybe I missed it. That was a huge topic, but even when I went through it the other day for ... well, someone's sake. Buff's? I think so.

Anyway, I figured to play it safe.

(Insert title here)

Madanthonywayne said:

My wife was an unwanted pregnancy and her mother has told her that had abortion been legal, she'd have never been born.

I was conceived sometime in '72 and born in May, '73. My teenage mother may not have had any say in whether to give birth or not. While a state statute legalizing abortion was in place here before Roe—at least ... so I've been told—it doesn't seem there was much choice to it. I was put up for adoption before I was born, and part of the trade-off before I was born was that freedom of religion, as relates to me, was was challenged even more than usual. Now, I'm aware that most parents don't give a fuck about their kids' First Amendment rights. But, for the most part, it's not usually legally given away on paper to someone else entirely.

I find it ironic that Christian principles play such a role. Nobody can ever tell me to be thankful that my mother "chose" to give me the "gift" of life. It was never about that at all.

Ain't the same as being told what your wife has had to live with. But, still, it's one of a few curious quirks about how I came to be that makes me smile in that way that most people don't find polite.

(To the other, as a side note, if you've ever encountered the story of how my Dad taught me capitalism, but then I was sent to church, so I had to choose between God and Dad ... well, that's how that story came about.)

It's really sad that your wife's mother had to raise an unwanted baby.
Oh, yes. So sad. And you know what else? If not for the pregnancy, she'd probably have not married her prom date (it was their first date). She'd not have been married to him for over forty years, not have had her second child, not have had four grandchildren. She'd probably not now be sailing the Caribbean in her yacht celebrating her long ago prom date's retirement.

That poor, poor woman.
why why why would you ever tell your child that? :mad:
I don't really know what the circumstances were, when my wife mentioned it I was so horrified I didn't ask any details. It may explain why she's pro-life, though.

Last edited:
Back