When should abortion be allowed?

Abortion should be legal and available...

• Total voters
I checked if the physical/mental health of the mother is threatened, those are the only circumstances I can think of where a third party should have a voice in this decision. Otherwise, it should be the girl/woman's decision.

Bells after lissioning to some of the debate from the victorian parliment im not sure there should be ANY limit. As one MP pointed out it can be quite late before medical conditions can be picked up and the women needs time to think and make a decision, especially when its a couple rather than a single women.

edit to add: i wish we could put in place the requirement for input from the father if the pair are a couple but im not sure that is actually practical. That being said i did here a proposal for sterilisations to have both partners concent or the doctors wouldnt be able to perform it and that left me with a really bad taste in my mouth so im just not sure.

i dont think the law should be involved in these sorts of decisions

Well if I were pregnant and had to abort for medical reasons or got back ultra sounds with bad results, I would want my partners input. Even though it is my body it is still the fathers baby too. I think it would be awfully selfish not to include the father in the decision. Again this depends on the circumstances in which you became pregnant.

your right Shorty. population control is a universal issue. especially in countries that pop them out like puppies.

Bells after lissioning to some of the debate from the victorian parliment im not sure there should be ANY limit. As one MP pointed out it can be quite late before medical conditions can be picked up and the women needs time to think and make a decision, especially when its a couple rather than a single women.

edit to add: i wish we could put in place the requirement for input from the father if the pair are a couple but im not sure that is actually practical. That being said i did here a proposal for sterilisations to have both partners concent or the doctors wouldnt be able to perform it and that left me with a really bad taste in my mouth so im just not sure.

i dont think the law should be involved in these sorts of decisions

Err I didn't mean if there was something wrong with the child that is picked up later on in the pregnancy or in situations where there is a medical condition and the woman needs the time to think about it. I am talking about circumstances where there is nothing wrong with the foetus and the woman simply changes her mind at 30 weeks or something, where it is viable.

fair enough

but i belive you said that you were willing to accept late term abortions for mental the mental health of the mother right?

if that true then who decides?
i mean how does someone, ANYONE judge whats a mental health risk to the mother?

What if the father walks out after 27 weeks and she realises she is going to have to raise it alone?

i was going to say what if the father dies but in those cirumstances what i have seen is that the mother is MORE likly to want the child as something to rember him by

what if she didnt even know she was pregnant until then? (not having your period isnt enough of a clue for some wonen like those who have polly sistic overan syndrom and often dont even get a period or those who are on the long term hormone shot)

as i said i dont really think this is a decision which ANY court can make or any polly either.

What if she was 27 weeks and one day? 2 days? 3 days?

On another note entirely—more or less serious according to your inclination, and observing you have the authority to make the change if you should so choose—I would mention that you may not be fairly representing certain political outlooks. The poll seems to be lacking a pro-choice option:

Full-term, while in labor, because she's pissed at the father. (See #1735861/234)​
LOL. Here I was thinking, "That's a good one, Tiassa!". And then I see you were quoting me. As to the poll question, I answered the first trimester only. I would also add at any time if the abortion would save the woman's life or if her physical health were seriously threatened (I'd consider that self defense, always a defense for murder).

Although I wouldn't support my wife/girlfriend getting an abortion, I can't make decisions for other people.

It is now, but it wouldn't be if I made the laws.

So killing babies AFTER THEY ARE BORN is not murder to you? Geez....I'm a "sick fuck" for wanting criminals to pay, but you're not for wanting innocent babies to die?

Being an American, I reckon a woman has a pretty clear and inalienable right to quasi-absolute control of her own insides and the contents thereof.

So as an American, I'd rephrase the question: when should abortion be forbidden by the State?

When live birth and independent existence is an option, would be the first thing that occurs to me. No doubt there are complications.

So killing babies AFTER THEY ARE BORN is not murder to you? Geez....I'm a "sick fuck" for wanting criminals to pay, but you're not for wanting innocent babies to die?

I didn't say it wasn't murder. The exact term is infanticide. It is a time-honored traditional method of population control.

I didn't say it wasn't murder. The exact term is infanticide. It is a time-honored traditional method of population control.

It's disgusting, is what it is. How in hell can you oppose the dp and not oppose "infanticide" or whatever it is?

Because we only prosecute adults.

Yes, the key word is "prosecute"; the dp punishes scum. "infanticide" is murdering innocent children. I suppose the Nazis, when they used babies for target practice, weren't really killing anyone right?

My wife was an unwanted pregnancy and her mother has told her that had abortion been legal, she'd have never been born.

Yes, the key word is "prosecute"; the dp punishes scum. "infanticide" is murdering innocent children. I suppose the Nazis, when they used babies for target practice, weren't really killing anyone right?

I didn't say it's OK for just anyone to make that decision. I assume those children were all wanted.

Back