Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sikhism

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
I know this however it was the Church of Satan that made Satanism a coherent religion and philosophy. Which is why when Satanism is mentioned I think that someone is talking about them. I know other that are "Theistic Satanists," also claim that title, it's just in my opinion they seem more like reverse Christians. But you're right that there is no one type of Satanism. The Church of Satan also is not really Deist at all; names like Satan are seen as symbolic archetypes. They don't believe in the supernatural, an afterlife, a heaven or hell, or God.

Well, then the connection you made back on page 2 is weak. There's no reason to link Satanism to atheism, since there's too much variation in what you're calling Satanism. It's unimportant to mention.

Actually, that isn't my argument at all and that's not what I'm saying and you have no clue what the fuck I'm talking about obviously. If you don't believe me then again, go and email the Church of Satan and ask them yourself. They don't believe in God, Satan, an afterlife or the supernatural or any of that. Thus they are, Atheistic, like it or not, there it is. I am also not making any big deal out of this either nor am I trying to make it appear like Atheism is evil or any of that nonsense.

i did not quote you..i was not replying to your post..i was just submiting another thought line..

And atheism, strictly speaking, is the lack of religion, not a religion. But it is a religious orientation.

No, it's a lack of theism. That means it isn't a religion, but not necessarily the lack of one. One can be of a religion that is atheistic- several forms of Buddhism and every iteration of Jainism are examples of such.

So agnostic not atheist?

Agnostics can be atheists. Agnosticism is more of a position on epistemological capability than a theological stance unto itself. Agnosticism holds that the answers to certain metaphysical questions are unknowable, at least to that individual. One might believe in a deity while questioning one's knowledge of it; conversely, one can lack belief in a deity because they believe the question to not have a knowable answer.

I think he means that the association is so far fetched that it would appear stupid to mention it.

What association do you guys keep jabbering on about? All I said was that the largest Satanic organization, the first and one that is international and has US recognition and basically has a trademark symbol on Satanism, is in fact Atheist in philosophy and "religion." I personally think this is interesting to mention seeing the common misconceptions and perceptions of Satanism.

How about you stop dick riding.

Are you really Muslim... if so, then you need to get off this forum and learn a bit about swearing in Islam. It'll serve you well in public discourse. For someone who claims to be a descendant of the Prophet, you are an awfully bad mouthed person. Why not look for guidance from your ancestor in this case? It'll be time worth spending and much more useful then coming to this forum

I get hot tempered too, but you are a ridiculous joke.

Peace be unto you ;)

Last edited:
I get hot tempered too, but you are a ridiculous joke.

I don't actually get "hot tempered," or upset, flustered, mad, irritated, etc. about anything on this forum. I honestly don't care, it's an internet forum, what is said on here doesn't really effect me in the real world, why? Because it's a bloody internet forum. Half the insults I throw out here are inspired by boredom and I honestly don't think swearing takes away from what else is said in any way, shape or form. Sure, it may not be polite, but seeing as how the swear words aren't censored here, I would assume that swearing is ok here and we're all adults. It may not be polite but then again, it's an internet forum, I didn't know there was formalities and such involved to the point were swearing "is just not done." Not to mention, the post you have quoted was written in response to a sock puppet of an account owned by a Jew who had a strong disliking towards Muslims/Arabs. I am also well aware of what Islam says about cursing and I realize it's frowned upon, it's no good and all of that but then again I'm human, I'm not a prophet, I'm not a marja, I'm just an average person.

So whose fault is it for every crime ever committed by a Muslim? Sunnis or Shiites? You talk to either side and they seem to think they're perfect, so which one of the two was it that screwed everything up?

ja'far said:
All I said was that the largest Satanic organization, the first and one that is international and has US recognition and basically has a trademark symbol on Satanism, is in fact Atheist in philosophy and "religion." I personally think this is interesting to mention seeing the common misconceptions and perceptions of Satanism.
Like I said, by those criteria I am going to assume that to you Scientology speaks for science. And if that's silly - it's your setup.

That Church has almost nothing to do with the past thousand years of worship of Satan. It's a 60s cult religion, better organized and better founded than most but not to be confused with Satanism in general either before its founding or afterwards.

There are atheist Christians, you know - they have sophisticated and complex understandings of the role of Deity in Jesus's life and teachings; they think Jesus was atheist as well, but tailoring his message to his audience, talking to people in ways they could understand.

Last edited:
Back