What's on your iPod?

In Dreams
Agnetha...? Is that Agnetha Fãltskog? She was one of the A's in ABBA. Agnetha Fältskog, Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Anni-Frid Lyngstad (later known as Frida Lyngstad and now, after marrying a prince, Anni-Frid, Princess Reuss, Countess of Plauen).

Agnetha started as a soloist in 1968 at age 18, entering the charts with a monster hit. This is when she met Bjorn and the other two; in 1971 they were married and ABBA was formed. ABBA broke up in 1982, having become the second- or third-highest-selling band in history.

She has continued her solo career (with a hiatus from 1988 to 2004), and just released a new album. Björn and Benny are still going strong. Anni-Frid was the most successful post-ABBA in the USA, with a video, "I Know Something's Going On," on MTV. But, now royalty, she leads a much more demure and less public life and has nearly abandoned her musical career. However, she is shrewd enough to make public appearances when appropriate, such as at the opening of the film "Mama Mia," which brings her considerable income from royalties as co-composer of many of the songs.

These days, royalty is not as wealthy as it once was, so additional "royalties" are always welcome. ;)

Looks like her

images

The song that I recommend for next weekend is this song by Bonnie Tyler, "Believe in me".
She has recently been United Kingdom's entry at Eurovision Song Contest 2013, that took place in Malmö (Sweden) two weeks ago.

[video=youtube_share;-agn-ERgTXA]http://youtu.be/-agn-ERgTXA[/video]

Continuing with Eurovision Song Contest ...

The next song is one of the best performances at that Contest. It was Iceland's entry in 2008 (that island-country in the Atlantic ocean). Unfortunately they didn't won the contest, they were in the middle of the results.

[video=youtube_share;STFvWxmcfbI]http://youtu.be/STFvWxmcfbI[/video]

Last edited:
The Strawbs: "Heartbreaker".

The Strawbs were one of my favorite bands in the 1970s, but I never saw them perform because they weren't very popular in the USA and didn't often come here. They started out as a bluegrass and folk-rock band in the 1960s, the Strawberry Hill Boys. Sandy Denny then joined and it became Sandy and the Strawbs, until she went off to found Fairport Convention.

The Strawbs got into the progressive-rock groove in the 1970s, although not nearly as deep as Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, Queen and so many other British bands. They fell out of favor in the 1980s but have recently reunited--well some of them anyway, since they had a changing lineup like many bands. They're touring again, and I'm sure I won't see them this time either. :(

Word Up - Cameo

oh

Wave your hands in the air like you don't care
Glide by the people as they start to look and stare
Do your dance, do your dance, do your dance quick mamma
Come on baby, tell me what's the word

All you sucker DJ's who think you're fly
There's got to be a reason and we know the reason why
You try to put on those airs and act real cool
But ya got to realize that you're acting like fools

We don't have the time for psychological romance
No romance, no romance, no romance for me, mamma
Come on baby, tell me what's the word

WORD UP

RUN-DMC - It's Tricky

This speech is my recital, I think it's very vital
To rock (a rhyme), that's right (on time)
It's Tricky is the title, here we go...

Right now i am doing my own rendition of "Road To Nowhere" by The Talking Heads

Sing it with me now -

Yeah....

Were on the road to nowhere, come on in.

Takin that ride to nowhere, come take that ride.

Feeling OK this morning, and you know?

We're on a ride to nowhere, come on inside.

Many here wonder where you are, where you are.

I dont care.

Feeling as if time is on your side, on your side.

Miles From Nowhere
I put my Cat Stevens albums away after he converted to militant Islam and supported the Fatwa against Salman Rushdie. For one artist to treat another artist that way is unforgivable.

Eventually I brought them back out. I decided that I was not going to allow Yusuf Islam, the despicable asshole, to deprive me of the music of Cat Stevens, the great musician. He's already done enough harm.

He insists that he was misunderstood and didn't actually want Rushdie killed. Nonetheless, adding his voice to the campaign against Rushdie was something that can't be undone. Every addition to that list made Rushdie's life just a little more dangerous, the addition of a celebrity even more so.

We all make mistakes. But even if this was a mistake (after all, we all try to retract them when we come to our senses, so who knows what the truth is in his head and his heart?), it was a really horrible one which, as far as I am concerned, he can never live down.

Sometimes the bad shit you do follows you around forever. This serves as a reminder to all of us: be careful.

Although Cat Stevens wasn't talking much about Islam when he first broke into the music scene when he did is when everyone started to dislike him. He is a musician first of all who at first didn't want involvement into any religious stuff but was convinced by others to do so. I enjoyed his music before he was involved, that I knew about, with the Rushdie affair. So whenever I listen to his older recordings I never equate what he became as what he was originally and never held that against him for his earlier works. People change and sometimes for the better but then again sometimes for the worse but they can change back again.

I agree with you about the bad things people do and say stick with them but we sometimes fail to see all of the good things that those same people have done or can do once again given to opportunity to change their views.

[video=youtube;vCWdCKPtnYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCWdCKPtnYE&list=PL169F352270EDE284&index=168[/video]

Always a classic.:D

Peter Murphy, Cascade

Peter Murphy, Cascade

Now here's an album I haven't heard in too long. Now playing, "The Scarlet Thing In You".

The funny thing is that I wasn't a goth or trendy back in the day; this wasn't my sound. I picked it up in later years, feeling nostalgic for certain chords and arpeggios. It's a perfect merge of naive '80s pop and more textural, introspective alt.

[video=youtube;qS1Ph0E7lwU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS1Ph0E7lwU[/video]​

And then just drift away.

[video=youtube;2GK462XnRjQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature..&v=2GK462XnRjQ[/video]

Her voice is not usually my cup of tea but she has definitely grown on me,plus the lady can write a song. Nanci is much more popular in Ireland.

[video=youtube;a9lUG4gBjSE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lUG4gBjSE&feature=share&list=ALBTKoXRg38BAfuyysZ4BDmyoQ54DIUT3O[/video]

Back