What's on your iPod?

Kylesa, Ultraviolet

There was metal, then there was grunge. In the days of neometal rife with growly "Cookie Monster" vocals, a genre that was much cooler the first time around when it was actually new, stoner rock is our sonic tonic. It's like Band of Susans went goth, got really, really high, and then turned it up to eleven.

No, really, it's strange when I'm sitting here listening to so lush a sound and finding reasons to think of the deliberately monochrome The Word and the Flesh; perhaps it would be better to invoke My Bloody Valentine. But I adore beautiful melancholy. Pathos is the true beauty of being human, and wouldn't you know, it takes stoner rock to bring that out.

Okay, I'm not actually surprised. And I'm not even high right now.

→it's on again, it's off again. where did it begin? when does it end? i thought it was over, but it is still not the end. all we have is right now. we'll watch the clouds turn inside out. if the sun doesn't rise, that's fine, i don't mind. it's okay, i prefer sitting in the dark, anyway. it's winter. it's low tide. let's hang for a while and watch the world die on the last day we're alive.←

Good to see pieces i have never heard before and we can reflect on the old. Like the immortal "riders on the storm" by the master James (bartholemew) Morrison. Jim...Jim...Jim. We will never know another Jim. NEVER.

Billy Thorpe & The Aztecs Poison Ivy 1964
:Australian Bandstand:

and a change of pace and once again one of the greatest female recording artists of all time:
Nana Mouskouri and "The Athenians"

Back