What's on your iPod?

I've only just discovered them... A week or so ago... Started with "The Heart of Everything" after hearing that they were similar to Nightwish and more memorable than Evanescence, and really like it.
I then bought "The Silent Force", "Hydra" and now "The Unforgiven", and while I don't think The Silent Force is quite as good, the others are very good.
But I still prefer Nightwish's "Century Child". :)

Through the delights of the internet, I've also discovered Delain - another in a similar style to WT, which you should probably check out if you haven't already done.

Eve Of Destruction -- Barry McGuire
"Even the Jordan River's got bodies floating." Fifty years later, that line is still true. How sad.

The USSR broke up, China is our biggest trading partner, the civil rights movement has unstoppable momentum, our President is black and the next one might be female, Germany doesn't tolerate antisemitism, most of the people on earth can talk to each other by pushing a button, less than 50% of the people in Africa live in poverty, gay people can have weddings, marijuana is legal in many parts of the country, and people who hurt children go to jail.

But the Israelis and Palestinians are still fighting.

* sigh *

"Even the Jordan River's got bodies floating." Fifty years later, that line is still true. How sad.

The USSR broke up, China is our biggest trading partner, the civil rights movement has unstoppable momentum, our President is black and the next one might be female, Germany doesn't tolerate antisemitism, most of the people on earth can talk to each other by pushing a button, less than 50% of the people in Africa live in poverty, gay people can have weddings, marijuana is legal in many parts of the country, and people who hurt children go to jail.

But the Israelis and Palestinians are still fighting.

* sigh *

We can't get along until greed and hate are conquered. That's going to be a very long time I'm afraid.

Don't know why I thought of the song by John Denver called (You Dun Stomped) on My Heart, but there is a line in that song that I just love and it goes, "You just sorta stomped on my aorta". Cracks me up everytime. What can I say.....

I listen to The Clash -"Train in Vain" when i fell bad. It is just so honest and its a is just perfect. I love Joe Strummer like a best friend. Thank You Joe and i think you wrote this masterpiece.

"...so alone, i keep the wolves at bay" man, idk, this is the pinnacle.

ZZ Top...sure got Cold After The Rain Fell.

I love slow blues like this. One of my favorite guitar players. i love the blues. Love rainy days, love honesty and feeling.

Here's another from the Greek Goddess Nana Mouskouri from her best selling
"Songs of the British Isles" album. "Spinning Wheel"
Among the top selling artists of all time, and never once needed to get her gear off or wiggle her arse in the camera's face or any other sexual exhibition....
Eat your heart out Madonna, Miley or whoever!

Lesley Gore, It's My Party singer, dies aged 68

Her partner of 33 years, Lois Sasson, confirmed she had died of lung cancer at a New York city hospital.
Gore's hits include feminist anthem You Don't Own Me and the Oscar-nominated Out Here On My Own from 1980 film Fame.
"She was a wonderful human being - caring, giving, a great feminist, great woman, great human being, great humanitarian," Sasson told AP

Back