What was the message of Jesus?

Why don't you find out for yourself what it means? Why do some religious people have such an intolerance for ambiguity? Life is a blank canvas, not a coloring book.

And this means, well, what exactly?

It's great to say things that sound so eloquent or amazing, but what the hell exactly does anything you said mean?

So our goal is to achieve the kingdom? How do we do that?

Become like little children? What does that mean?

Eternal bliss?

Person A: Jesus, what is your message?
Jesus: My message is to attain the kingdom of God and to become like children.
Person A: So that applies to real life..... how exactly? What does that mean I should do?
Become like little children...become unconditioned...this applies to real life because in reality all we're actually seeking is happiness...

children are indoctrinated into religion, ( that means conditioned,) so you cant become unconditioned children.
so what your saying is you either have to become like children by having a brain trauma to obtain this kingdom, or become an unconditioned person such as an atheist to obtain this kingdom, which is it.
you cant be unconditioned and a religious child the two are mutually exclusive.

children are indoctrinated into religion, ( that means conditioned,) so you cant become unconditioned children.
so what your saying is you either have to become like children by having a brain trauma to obtain this kingdom, or become an unconditioned person such as an atheist to obtain this kingdom, which is it.
you cant be unconditioned and a religious child the two are mutually exclusive.

AHAAHAHAHAHAHA...pretty funny man

Do you know what being conditioned is? Being unconditioned has nothing to do with being a theist or atheist...lots of people are also raised atheists...

Being unconditioned means having no more insecurities...being free, free at last....overtime everyone is conditioned by their past experiences and develop many insecurities which hold them back their entire life from experiencing happiness....

But nice try with spreading meaningless atheistic propoganda..

Conditioning can be undone. That's why spiritually inclined people go off to desert or mountains or monasteries, engage in esoteric rituals or substances, spend lots of time alone...

AHAAHAHAHAHAHA...pretty funny man

Do you know what being conditioned is?
perhaps I'm reading an alien dictionary to the rest of the world does'nt yours say this

Conditioned:
characterized by a predictable or consistent pattern of behavior or thought as a result of having been subjected to certain circumstances or conditions.

and this

Indoctrinated:
to instruct in a doctrine, principle, ideology, etc., esp. to imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.

what is the difference, because Indoctrinate means

Main Entry: brainwash
Synonyms: alter, catechize, condition, convert, convince, educate, influence, instill, persuade, proselytize, teach

Being unconditioned has nothing to do with being a theist or atheist
well if you were making this point in another forum other than this one I would heed your point, but you aren't.
in this respect uncondition could well mean free of the religious indoctrination
lots of people are also raised atheists...
yes, but your point being here is.
atheist are not in doctrinated, you cant indoctrinate atheism thats infantile.
Being unconditioned means having no more insecurities...being free, free at last
exactly
.overtime everyone is conditioned by their past experiences and develop many insecurities which hold them back their entire life from experiencing happiness
yes we all have our burdens, but we are on a religious forum, we are not discussing life and lifes science or an other aspect of our lifes just religion. and in that respect conditioned and unconditioned have been correctly interpretated, by me.

There's tons of evidence that the Bible is true, but you have to go into it with an unbiased attitude, which is difficult for many to do, it makes you unpopular in many circles.

There's tons of evidence that the Bible is true, but you have to go into it with an unbiased attitude, which is difficult for many to do, it makes you unpopular in many circles.
and theres a ton of evidence to show it's lies, which makes all the aledged true parts suspect.
so it does'nt matter how biased or unbiased you are does it. this is why atheist are very unpopular to the theist.

The the veracity of the Bible is consistently born out with ongoing archaeology, and no archaelogical find has contradicted the Bible, quite remarkable.

M*W: Just simply provide one tiny ounce of evidence that you bible is true. That should be easy enough, since you say there are tons of evidence. The only way you can bring out the truth in the bible is to read it from an astro-theological standpoint. Then it becomes clear. (Notice: I did not say it becomes "true." I said it becomes "clear." I am not promoting the belief in astro-theology. I am only promoting its truthful translation).

Reading the bible with "an unbiased attitude" is like telling someone to read the Yellow Pages without looking up something in particular. Sure, it's difficult if not downright impossible to do. Mostly, it's a big waste of time. That's why after all these millenia, people come up with different interpretations of the same shit. If you want to find something, you need look for it with bias of forethought. Otherwise, you're not going to find the truth.

Also, if you find the truth in something, why would you care if you were unpopular in certain circles. I don't. Life is not a popularity contest. If you seek the truth, there is a greater likelihood that you will find it, but as long as you believe in the old and worn lies perpetuated by posterity, you will always be in the dark. Try looking at the bible with new eyes. You might learn something. You might even find the truth.

spidergoat

From what?

From a state of fear and unhappiness.

What is the nature of this fear and unhappiness?
What is its route cause?

You mean one can become divine at will, then mundane, then divine, and so on.

No, that our potential is already beyond that which we concieve of as devine.

What is the standard of this potential?

In what way are people all connected as one?

On the most basic fundamental level.

Which is?

Violence is necessary is some circumstances, is it not?

This isn't an ideology of non-violence. This is hating to hurt the other because there is no real separation between self and other.

What is the nature of that oneness?

Expressed simplistically, it means love others as you love yourself. But this isn't a dogma you put on like clothing, it's a realization one cultivates.

That's all well and nice, but cultivation requires other things to yeild results.
What is the existing standard to measure oneself against?

This realization might or might not actually happen to you. In that sense, it's more mystical than intellectual.

In what sense would it be intellectual?

What or who is God?
Everyone, everything, I don't know, doesn't matter.

Jesus talked about his father, God, didn't he, so why doesn't it matter?

And how do come to that realisation?
Seeking.

Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he
finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes
troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All."

Jesus said, "Recognize what is in your sight, and that which
is hidden from you will become plain to you. For there is nothing
hidden which will not become manifest."

Gospel of Thomas

So, basically you come to this realisation by adhereing to the teaching Jesus.
So why have you left God, whom Jesus spoke of, out of your concept?

Jan.

PS. apologies for all the questions. but I'm not entirely sure where you are coming from.

Being unconditioned means having no more insecurities...being free, free at last....overtime everyone is conditioned by their past experiences and develop many insecurities

What you're saying is that to be 'free' one must be unconditioned but state that everyone is conditioned by past experiences which means to be unconditioned one must have had no past experiences.

Hmm...

What is the nature of this fear and unhappiness?
What is its root cause?
Probably our intelligence, the ability to predict our own death, our alienation from nature caused by relatively rapid physical and cultural evolution.
You mean one can become divine at will, then mundane, then divine, and so on.
No, that our potential is already beyond that which we conceive of as devine.
What is the standard of this potential?
It's a leap into the unknown, there are likely no limits or standards, we are young Gods.
In what way are people all connected as one?
On the most basic fundamental level.
Which is?
Every way but mentally, which is a construction of the mind, which is limited by the senses and it's own structure.
Violence is necessary is some circumstances, is it not?
This isn't an ideology of non-violence. This is hating to hurt the other because there is no real separation between self and other.
What is the nature of that oneness?
The space-time-matter-continuum. The very fabric of reality.
Expressed simplistically, it means love others as you love yourself. But this isn't a dogma you put on like clothing, it's a realization one cultivates.
That's all well and nice, but cultivation requires other things to yield results.
What is the existing standard to measure oneself against?
The reports of people who have cultivated and experienced something unpredictable and indescribable (to a degree).
This realization might or might not actually happen to you. In that sense, it's more mystical than intellectual.
In what sense would it be intellectual?
If we think the teaching of Jesus was an idea that can be adopted, like accepting a dogma, or a statement of truth or faith. Those take place in the intellect.
What or who is God?
Everyone, everything, I don't know, doesn't matter.
Jesus talked about his father, God, didn't he, so why doesn't it matter?
Because are but one aspect of the all, therefore any image we have of the whole is a metaphor. I believe at it's highest level, the teaching of Jesus of indistinguishable from atheism. I don't think it's necessary to imitate Jesus and his ideas which reflected the cultural forms of the time. That's an intellectual exercise, not a spiritual one. It's easier for most people to relate to the personification of God as a father since we descended from social apes, but I don't think it's necessary.
So, basically you come to this realization by adhering to the teaching Jesus.
It's a fine start, but such revelations can happen any number of ways. In the end only you can change you. I think Jesus' teaching is far from clear, and I'm most inspired by Buddhism, Taoism, and certain contemporary philosophers and poets. I realize he said no one comes to the father but through me. I take that to mean that there is a commonality to this realization, the traditions may differ in certain details, but they all involve transcending local culture, suspension of sensual distractions, calming the mind by focusing on a phrase or image, cultivation of kindness, and a basic optimism about existence.

There's tons of evidence that the Bible is true.

Some people are laughing to your statement.
If The Bible is not true we will Not be so interested in, Especially Skeptics! Could you imagine their faces on a day of the truth? The biggest names in the world will vanish. People who are now something will be nothing. Crazy people like ''me, you'' who believe, will be super smart and others super stupid. A chaos, I believe this is a Apocalypse. Nobody will believe who we really are. A Chaos - Apocalypse.

The easiest way to know if there is God is our solar system, it is perfectly made! But if you believe in this one, you are a kid who needs toys.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/392956/evolution/

The the veracity of the Bible is consistently born out with ongoing archaeology, and no archaelogical find has contradicted the Bible, quite remarkable.

M*W: What a liar you are! You don't answer anyone's questions. You don't even make truthful statements. Why are you here? There have been absolutely NO archeological finds that confirm the bible. When are you people going to realize that? You contradict yourself.

Some people are laughing to your statement.
If The Bible is not true we will Not be so interested in, Especially Skeptics! Could you imagine their faces on a day of the truth? The biggest names in the world will vanish. People who are now something will be nothing. Crazy people like ''me, you'' who believe, will be super smart and others super stupid. A chaos, I believe this is a Apocalypse. Nobody will believe who we really are. A Chaos - Apocalypse.

The easiest way to know if there is God is our solar system, it is perfectly made! But if you believe in this one, you are a kid who needs toys.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/392956/evolution/

M*W: Fancy computer graphics the truth does not make. When people start vanishing from this planet (let's just say, hypothetically, all the christians), do you honestly think the rest of us would want to go where they're going? Shit, we'll be so glad to get rid of them! Then there would be total peace on earth, and goodwill to the atheists!

Just out of curiosity, who are you really? And why are you here in the first place? If heaven is where you belong, by all means, go there... now, and hurry up, please.

The easiest way to know if there is God is our solar system, it is perfectly made!

A) It's all about perspective.. Where you see a hole in the ground as having been created specifically for the puddle, most rational people will understand that the puddle merely adapts to the environment.

B) Never use the word 'perfect', it falls apart too easily

C) Even if the universe was designed you would have no place with which to make assumptions concerning the creator. For all you would know the universe could have been farted into existence by an omnipotent banjo playing leprechaun.

D) How much do you personally know about the solar system? I'm curious whether you have any actual knowledge or whether you're just accepting everything said on that link for the mere sake of it.

Could you imagine their faces on a day of the truth? The biggest names in the world will vanish

Well, I tell you, if I have been wrong in my disbelief, when I die I'll walk up to god in a manly way and say; Sir, I made an honest mistake. -- H. L. Mencken

perhaps I'm reading an alien dictionary to the rest of the world does'nt yours say this

Conditioned:
characterized by a predictable or consistent pattern of behavior or thought as a result of having been subjected to certain circumstances or conditions.

and this

Indoctrinated:
to instruct in a doctrine, principle, ideology, etc., esp. to imbue with a specific partisan or biased belief or point of view.

what is the difference, because Indoctrinate means

Main Entry: brainwash
Synonyms: alter, catechize, condition, convert, convince, educate, influence, instill, persuade, proselytize, teach
This doesn't really contradict anything I'm saying....plus what do you mean by brainwash? Have you been brainwashed to learn english, science, etc...?

mustafhakofi said:
well if you were making this point in another forum other than this one I would heed your point, but you aren't.
in this respect uncondition could well mean free of the religious indoctrinationyes, but your point being here is.
No it wouldn't I know lots of people are raised atheists, they are conditioned be atheists, religious doctrination has nothing to do with being unconditioned. But if you want to be technical then it would mean free from all conditioning, even atheism (which is the disbelief in God's existence).

mustafhakofi said:
atheist are not in doctrinated, you cant indoctrinate atheism thats infantile.
It doesn't matter if its a doctrination or not, conditioning is conditioning, atheism is the disbelief in God(s) or Goddesses. Again, atheism and theism have little to do with being unconditioned.....

mustafhakofi said:
yes we all have our burdens, but we are on a religious forum, we are not discussing life and lifes science or an other aspect of our lifes just religion. and in that respect conditioned and unconditioned have been correctly interpretated, by me.
Religion is all about achieving the highest degree of happiness, well at least Eastern religions, though Jesus seems more Eastern oriented than Mohommad and Moses...

What you're saying is that to be 'free' one must be unconditioned but state that everyone is conditioned by past experiences which means to be unconditioned one must have had no past experiences.

Hmm...
Well in a way yes, and in a way no. You would have to eliminate all the past memories causing you unhappiness (unconsciously), to do this you would have to destroy all insecurities (which stem from past memories), so you can just use an exercise like reframing, which is reframing a memory into the way you desire then telling your unconscious to handle it in that way from now on. The experience would in a way be gone, gone forever, though it only existed as a memory.

Then once you finally achieve the highest perfection you will finally enjoy every instant, you would not be able to become fearful, angry, sorrowful, etc...because the impulses causing those would be gone.

Back