what is YOUR meaning of life???

I've never thought there to be a meaning to life, so much as simply a value. I do not believe in a designer, nor do I really accept that the only worth to life can be found in the material side of things. For their to be meaning, I think people get too caught up in the rules and legalisms of that meaning, but when one sees value overall, it is more intuitive. That value will be appreciated with reciprocal compassion.

Before anything else, life has this amazing determination when it comes to "surviving". This includes all forms of life, and we are no different from any other animal when it comes to it. There is no "meaning" of life; it is only a way for us to feel more "comfortable", less lonely and less afraid of death, by inventing all sort of things such as heaven.

As for me, I continue on the never ending quest for life, and have fun within the borders of my mind, while talking here or listening to the rain outside.

Originally posted by Cris

It is this fatalistic attitude that is taught by religion, i.e. death is good and to be welcomed, that I find makes the concept of religion to be probably the greatest evil man has ever created. Anything that brainwashes people into believing that the ultimate bad is the ultimate good has to be the most perverse and idiotic idea possible.

God is still a fantasy, but believing that death is good and welcome is sheer stupidity.

Cris, I just want to agree with you fully. It sickens me to think that the vast majority of humanity has such a fatalistic attitude on life. Most people still cannot even grasp at the thought that it's realistically possible to extend our life span. Why do people give up on life so easily?

This fatalistic attitude is really brought upon by religion and the belief in a "god." It's really a lot easier to think of a "creator" that has all the answers and has made everything on Earth perfect as the way it is. I am still optimistic that one day the majority of humanity can at least see the possibility of living indefinitely.

Back