What is wrong with being a Conspiracy Theorist?

The fact that we can seed a cloud to make rain isn't the same as believing the government can make a hurricane specifically to disrupt the Republican Convention.

Your autism study (like every one so far that concludes a connection between autism and vaccines) is fatally flawed:
http://leftbrainrightbrain.co.uk/20...vaccination-uptake-across-the-u-s-population/
http://neuroskeptic.blogspot.com/2011/05/vaccines-cause-autism-until-you-look-at.html

Last edited:
Quantum Quack,

Or maybe it's right in front of their faces, and they actually now acknowledge it.

Or it could be something as simple as the difference between a battered wife who tries to make excuses, and the moment she wakes up and say... enough is enough.

Hmmm! Maybe there is something to all those thousands and thousands, and thousands of UFO eyewitness sightings.
Nah! There is ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE WHATSO-EVER, of UFO's.
We'll know, when the scientists tell us. :D

I suppose if they didn't control minds, they wouldn't be able to carry out their agendas without opposition.

jan

There is a current research project I am involved in which was designed to further research into this apparent and very real NWO paranoia sweeping the world...

The work is titled:

"The Sacred Language of RA"

and I can assure you if you think the current conspiracy theorists paradigm [ aka HAARP, and so on] is incredible you should read, when completed, this extension to the NWO theorist campaign which puts it in a historical context and explores the sheer depth of what under pins the subconscious and conscious pick ups that people have made... It makes the work of Dan Brown, the "da Vinci Code", and the HAARP conspiracy etc, a walk in the park... so to speak...

teaser:

"The Sacred Language of RA" ~ excerpt

"....suffice to say that it is no coincidence that the famous building of Rosslyn Chapel [Built: mid 1500's] often the focus of NWO theoretic origins, was built at the same time the hybrid language, English, achieved a more colonial approach as the language evolved from "Middle English" to a more formalised "Early Modern English"."
It is also of no coincidence that during this very same century the Church of England separated from the Catholic Church in 1534 "by an Act of Parliament" ~ "Act of Supremacy" therefore for ever throwing off the "cloth" of Roman Empire associations via the Vatican. The birth of the British Empire

Of course as you know language and culture are directly related. English, especially, American English is currently the most utilised language for most international "trade type" transactions world wide. It's use and utility and global dependancy is growing daily.

Do you see an extended NWO conspiracy theory verging on exposure ?

What does/would the existence of such a conspiracy theory say about God's character (given that God does/would allow for such a group of people to exist who want to enslave others)?

Thiis would know that humans are naturally part and parcel of God, but would, at the time when the conscious awareness became low enough, would confuse the individual, spritually, mentally, and physically, rendering the individual out of sync with his true nature. This leaves the way open for debate which can never be won unless the individual get themself back into sync with nature.

Regarding the character of God, I doubt such people would be aware of God on that personal basis, but they are aware of the universal heirachy, with God at the top.
They would also be aware of the right time to act upon the world due to the lowered consciousness vibration, which effectively means the individual will more accepting.

Just my opinion. :)

jan.

Balerion,

I take it you don't believe there is a plan to bring in a NWO?

Of course not.

Just out of interest, what are the conspiracy theories which are not rooted in the ''NWO mythology''?

jan.

I'm not making you a list, but I'll give you an example. The Loose Change crowd. Troothers. No-planers. You know, the idiots who believe 9/11 was an inside job. That CT is based on the Blood for Oil myth.

Jan -
My question points to a variation of the theodicy problem.

You're labouring under a homegrown philosophical conception.

Evil is simply a variation of consciousness, like darkness is a variation of light.
Light itself does not contain any darkness, hence darkness is an absence of light.
In the same way ''evil'' is the absence of goodness/spiritual awareness.

If the conspiracy I speak of were true, then the conspirators would easily, as I stated, intercept
the individuals link to God.

jan.

Evil is simply a variation of consciousness, like darkness is a variation of light.
Light itself does not contain any darkness, hence darkness is an absence of light.
In the same way ''evil'' is the absence of goodness/spiritual awareness.

If the conspiracy I speak of were true, then the conspirators would easily, as I stated, intercept
the individuals link to God.

jan.

There's nothing homegrown about theodicy, just as there's nothing original about your response to the question. And like the standard answer you're parroting, you've failed to address the problem of evil. Even if evil is the absence of good, it falls to God to create a place in which the absence of good is possible. If God were truly good, why would he create such a possibility?

There's nothing homegrown about theodicy, just as there's nothing original about your response to the question. And like the standard answer you're parroting, you've failed to address the problem of evil. Even if evil is the absence of good, it falls to God to create a place in which the absence of good is possible. If God were truly good, why would he create such a possibility?

So do you think Balerion, that God, if he exists, should interfere in human affairs and compromise the nature of freewill whether that be in a positive OR the negative way?

Do you want your freedom to be as "nasty" as you are or would you like God if he exists, to come down from heaven and restrict your behaviour somehow?

Maybe God, if he exists, respects YOUR freedom to make decisions in life as much as he does his own?

ever thought of that?
have a read of this short story and see if you understand the point it makes.
Titled : " Under the clocks of Freedom."
about an altercation with a Christian evangelist.....
http://ozziemate.com/freedom.htm

Oh, the respect is just oozing out of you.

:rolleyes:

So do you think Balerion, that God, if he exists, should interfere in human affairs and compromise the nature of freewill whether that be in a positive OR the negative way?

Do you want your freedom to be as "nasty" as you are or would you like God if he exists, to come down from heaven and restrict your behaviour somehow?

Maybe God, if he exists, respects YOUR freedom to make decisions in life as much as he does his own?

The issue isn't restriction of free will, but a contextualization of people's actions. Ie., given that people act the way they do, what does this suggest about God's character?

Since Jan flailed miserably at your question, I wonder if you have a better answer in mind. What do you think is a solution to the theodicy problem?

I don't know.

On the one hand, the concepts of karma and reincarnation would explain all that about cancer, rabies, raped babies, earthquakes, billions of unemployed people and the like.

But karma and reincarnation alone don't seem to do anything to help one develop some kind of appreciation for and trust in God.
IOW, given the horrible things that happen, even if there seems to be a reasonable explanation for them, how can one still appreciate and trust God?

Oh, the respect is just oozing out of you.

:rolleyes:

The issue isn't restriction of free will, but a contextualization of people's actions. Ie., given that people act the way they do, what does this suggest about God's character?
The answer depends on who's God you are talking about... if it was yours I would suggest that you answer it for your self...
obviously you have a God in mind... so why not tell the board about your God? You know, the one you keep referring to.....
If you read the short story I linked to in post #150 you may gleen a little insight into how I feel about the issue of Gods character.

It's not about what I think their God should do, it's about what they claim him to be. They say he is good, that he only creates good things. Theodicy addresses the seemingly irreconcilable contradictions of "evil" in the real world. So far, there hasn't been a satisfactory answer for why God--who is good--creates evil, or even creates a situation in which evil can exist.

I don't know.

On the one hand, the concepts of karma and reincarnation would explain all that about cancer, rabies, raped babies, earthquakes, billions of unemployed people and the like.

But karma and reincarnation alone don't seem to do anything to help one develop some kind of appreciation for and trust in God.
IOW, given the horrible things that happen, even if there seems to be a reasonable explanation for them, how can one still appreciate and trust God?

Even karma doesn't explain it. If I killed your infant son, would you killing my infant son be considered justice? Why should my infant son have to die to satisfy some cosmic scorecard? And even if you believe in the concept, you'll never know what you're being punished for, so what's the lesson? Karma, at least it seems to me, is just another overly-simplistic religious pseudo-philosophy that crumbles under the slightest inquiry.

As to your question, I don't think one could come to trust and appreciate God if he turned out to be the cause of such a sadistic system as karma. You may view having no belief in God to be a cold and lonely existence, but at least there's no celestial judge waiting to smack you and your family down for things you allegedly did in a previous life for the purpose of getting even.

It's not about what I think their God should do, it's about what they claim him to be. They say he is good, that he only creates good things. Theodicy addresses the seemingly irreconcilable contradictions of "evil" in the real world. So far, there hasn't been a satisfactory answer for why God--who is good--creates evil, or even creates a situation in which evil can exist.

I don't know.

Even karma doesn't explain it. If I killed your infant son, would you killing my infant son be considered justice? Why should my infant son have to die to satisfy some cosmic scorecard? And even if you believe in the concept, you'll never know what you're being punished for, so what's the lesson? Karma, at least it seems to me, is just another overly-simplistic religious pseudo-philosophy that crumbles under the slightest inquiry.

As to your question, I don't think one could come to trust and appreciate God if he turned out to be the cause of such a sadistic system as karma. You may view having no belief in God to be a cold and lonely existence, but at least there's no celestial judge waiting to smack you and your family down for things you allegedly did in a previous life for the purpose of getting even.

Balerion,

just as there's nothing original about your response to the question.

Well of course there's nothing original about my response, why would there be.
Is there anything original about the answer '2' to the question of 1+1?

And like the standard answer you're parroting, you've failed to address the problem of evil.

I've told you, there is no ''problem of evil'', just as there is no ''problem of darkness''. Go figure.

Even if evil is the absence of good, it falls to God to create a place in which the absence of good is possible. If God were truly good, why would he create such a possibility?

Define ''evil''?

jan.

Balerion,

It's not about what I think their God should do, it's about what they claim him to be.
They say he is good, that he only creates good things.

Who say's God is good, and who say's he only creates good things. Links please.

Even karma doesn't explain it. If I killed your infant son, would you killing my infant son be considered justice?

Let's assume that 's how karma works! Can you attempt to answer your own question?

And even if you believe in the concept, you'll never know what you're being punished for, so what's the lesson? Karma, at least it seems to me, is just another overly-simplistic religious pseudo-philosophy that crumbles under the slightest inquiry.

Yeah! We get it. Anything to do with God doesn't fit with you.
That's the reason for your contention.

So you think ''karma'' is a spiritual thing then?

jan.

Balerion,

Well of course there's nothing original about my response, why would there be.
Is there anything original about the answer '2' to the question of 1+1?

1+1 = ? is not a philosophical question. The problem of evil existing in a universe created by a being that is inherently good, however, is.

I've told you, there is no ''problem of evil'', just as there is no ''problem of darkness''. Go figure.

And I've told you, that doesn't fly. Redefining evil as an absence of good doesn't change the fact that there exists an absence of good in a universe created by an inherently good being.

Define ''evil''?

You just did. You can have it any way you like, it doesn't make your problem any less of a problem.

Balerion,

Who say's God is good, and who say's he only creates good things. Links please.

Any form of Christianity.

"Links please?" Who do you think you're fooling with this nonsense?

Let's assume that 's how karma works! Can you attempt to answer your own question?

The question was rhetorical, obviously. Since you probably don't know what "rhetorical" means, I'll just go ahead and answer it: No, it would not be justice.

Yeah! We get it. Anything to do with God doesn't fit with you.
That's the reason for your contention.

Try actually addressing the point I've made.

So you think ''karma'' is a spiritual thing then?

As opposed to what?

Back