What is the strangest that has ever happened to you?

I saw it. That's proof enough for me. I ended up burning it and anything else thathad to do with my strange experiences up to that point later that day because something happened in relation to it that scared the shit out of me.

I would say you had an hallucination.

I am definitely unsuspecting, but I have a problem with the definition of credulous. "to believe or trust too readily"...well what is too readily? "without adequate evidence". It seems to me that the opposite of credulous is cynical.

This is how I am...I believe people are telling me the truth unless I know they are lying, or I know they have a history of lying, and I trust people unless I know they have malicious intentions toward me, or I know they have a history of being untrustworthy. In other words, I always give people the benefit of the doubt unless I have a valid and specific reason not to, and the mere possibility of them lying or having bad intent is not what I would consider valid or specific.

I would much rather give people the benefit of the doubt and end up being disappointed than live my life in arbitrary and unsubstantiated fear, expecting the worst from everyone.

For example, when Q asked me to pray for him, even given his history, I assumed that he was sincerely open to having a relationship with god and was seeking one and wanted my help. And so I did pray for him (and you too btw). Do you think that was naïve of me? Probably. But I would rather be someone like me than someone like Q. I would rather be disappointed than be a disappointment. And besides, it led me to do something good...to pray for Q. If I had been afraid I wouldn't have.

But somehow you wouldn't believe me if I told you that:

The President of the United States showed up at my doorstep one night, we had a drink and some laughs, and then he suddenly turned into a green alien with 5 pulsating purple eyes. He told me that he was from the planet Uckwerb and that he came here to pick some daisies for their scientists to study. The next thing I knew is that he disappeared in a puff of yellow smoke.

Or would you ?

Last edited:
I'd believe you Enmos. I know you wouldn't make up something like that. :p

Sigh.. lol

Why not? We already know that some people perceive less than others e.g. colour blindness, tone deafness, aphasia, dyslexia.

Why can't there be some people who perceive more than others?

Why not? We already know that some people perceive less than others e.g. colour blindness, tone deafness, aphasia, dyslexia.

Why can't there be some people who perceive more than others?

You'd accept that story without any hint of evidence ? Really ?

But somehow you wouldn't believe me if I told you that:

The President of the United States showed up at my doorstep one night, we had a drink and some laughs, and then he suddenly turned into a green alien with 5 pulsating purple eyes. He told me that he was from the planet Uckwerb and that he came here to pick some daisies for their scientists to study. The next thing I knew is that he disappeared in a puff of yellow smoke.

Or would you ?

Ok, that's a stretch. I'm sure I would ask you if you're joking or you were serious. If I determined that you were serious, had no evidence of you lying, no history of mental illness, I would believe you, and ask you a bunch of questions about it.

Not at all. It just has more possibilities.:D

No, you're just posting that shit for fun. You wouldn't believe it at all.

God visited me a couple of days ago, as per request by Lori.
We had a good little chat, and he told me that Islam is bunk and that all Muslims end up in the Christian hell.
I didn't want to tell you before because I figured you wouldn't believe it anyway. But I now see may very well believe me after all.

Ok, that's a stretch. I'm sure I would ask you if you're joking or you were serious. If I determined that you were serious, had no evidence of you lying, no history of mental illness, I would believe you, and ask you a bunch of questions about it.

Really ?? :eek:
That is very naive Lori, credulous.

We had a good little chat, and he told me that Islam is bunk and that all Muslims end up in the Christian hell.
I didn't want to tell you before because I figured you wouldn't believe it anyway. But I now see may very well believe me after all.

I believe that you met the God you believed in. :p

Clearly you met the God you believed in. :p

No, it was the God Lori believes in. He said there is only one god and that Allah is in fact the Devil.
Allah must have overheard it and appeared as well. He protested at first but caved after a few minutes and admitted that he was the Devil.

Enmos,

Behave.

Back