What is after death for you?

"I am not attacking Bible. I am stating facts. You and I both know about them."
-------------------

Speaking of facts, the Quran says that the books of Moses, the Psalms, and the gospel were all given by God.

TORAH - "We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers," (Sura 2:87).

PSALMS - "We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms," (4:163).

GOSPEL - "It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong)," (3:3).

Also, "And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah," (5:46).

We see that the Qu'ran states that the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel were all given by God. The Qu'ran also says that the Word of God cannot be altered:

"Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).

"The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all," (6:115).

"For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity," (10:64).

When Muhammed (570 - 632) was alive, he claimed to receive the revelation of the Qu'ran from Allah. This means that at that time, the Bible which was in existence, could not have been corrupted because the Qu'ran states that God's word cannot be corrupted.

The question I have is "When and where was the Bible corrupted, since the Qu'ran says that the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel are from Allah and Allah's words cannot be changed?"

><>

following either christianity or islam is a just a waste of life imho
but people are stupid and nobody can do a damn thing about it

cheers

Originally posted by fadingCaptain
Also, you never told us your opinion of what is after death...come on don't keep it a secret! :)

i am like a quantum whore flitting from hypothesis to hypothesis.
my current john

It is astonishing how close these modern theories are with the ancient postulates of the Shankya philosophy of India, which provides the theoretical basis for the science and practice of Yoga. As interpreted for the modern age by Paramahansa Yogananda, Shankya states that the Mind is a Universal Principle, empowering, on an evolutionary scale, all creatures with sensation and motion through the nervous system (MANAS) and -in man-with the faculty of discrimination (BUDDHI) in the higher centers of the brain. The Universal Mind consists (so to speak) of an immense multitude of "Quantas" which Yogananda call "thoughtrons." (in: Commentary to the Bhagavad Gits, pp. 10-11 and ff.).

Depending upon the extension and training of neuronal circuitry in the brain, man can "pickup" a small or a large number of "thoughtrons" or "cogitons" which form his personal "mind," a reflection of the Universal Mind. The higher the number of "captured thoughtrons" is the higher the mental states experienced by man are. The ultimate purpose of Yoga is exactly to expand the human mind until it can comprehend in its wholeness the Universal Mind and intuit the mystery of Creation. This supreme intuitive experience is called SAMADHI in Yoga literature, Ecstasy in Christian spirituality, Enlightenment in Buddhist philosophy... different names, same experience!_

:D

Spookz,
Um, so what happens when you die??? ;)

Also, I would think that christian spirituality is a different experience altogether than enlightenment...but that is probably best in a topic of its own.

Originally posted by inspector
"I am not attacking Bible. I am stating facts. You and I both know about them."
-------------------

><>

Inspector,
If you have read Quran, you should know that Quran contains time related material aswell. Where it mentioned about Torah and Bible and Psalms it also mentioned God's anger on them since they distorted it and changed the facts. Un altered text is always mentioned in Quran but what remains un altered is Quran and it mentioned it too. I believe that Bible does contains some facts and I believe that Torah contains some facts. Those facts are un altered word of God verfied by Quran. Rest is mystery for every one. I hope you understand what I am saying. If you like to talk about validity of Bible, Torah and Quran, we can go on for months. I will be more then happy to answer anything you wish to ask. Please do not think that I am trying to offend any religion.

markx,

You stated previously, "Also it recognize other scriptures before it i.e Bible and Torah also mentioned the changes and distortions in them as well, which we all know today." Are you implying that the Quran is void of contradictory, or 'distorted' information?

><>

Originally posted by inspector
markx,

You stated previously, "Also it recognize other scriptures before it i.e Bible and Torah also mentioned the changes and distortions in them as well, which we all know today." Are you implying that the Quran is void of contradictory, or 'distorted' information?

><>

I am sure you can find distortion and contradictions in any thing, or any book. It depends on what are you looking for. To me, no there are no contradictions and distortion in Quran. To you there may be many in Quran. But I can't say that Bible and Torah are clear from human errors or they don't have massive human input according to their wishes. You may think the opposite.

"It depends on what are you looking for. To me, no there are no contradictions and distortion in Quran."
-----------------------

I agree that your heart has to be in the right place to understand some things. However, I disagree with you when you say there are no contradictions in the Quran because there are many. Conversely, there are those who would say the same about the Holy Bible, also.

><>

Originally posted by spookz
off topic crap

I was dragged in this conversation. Sorta. But I just wanted to give the little explaination. That was it. Sorry if I caused some trouble here.;)

Markx,
I was dragged in this conversation. Sorta.
Yeah, I think it was my fault. This all came from me questioning mohamed about heaven and hell.

Anyway...this conversation did begin on the topic of this thread. You can check my first post here and it should verify my claim.

BTW, thanks for the input Markx. Off topic or not, your info was useful.

[EXCERPT FROM HOKEY-POKEY CHORUS]

'...and that's what it's all a-bout!'

[/EXCERPT FROM HOKEY-POKEY CHORUS]

Back