What is a Muslim?

Well, who is threatening their lives? Are they likely to be run over by a baggage truck?

Well, who is threatening their lives? Are they likely to be run over by a baggage truck?

Who said anyone was threatening their lives? Striving with their lives can be a daily experience that does not necessarily involve death.:rolleyes:

Anyway I don't see how promoting prejudice and discrimination towards a section of society is supposed to solve any problems. Never worked with the Jews, so why would it be any different with the Muslims? Puts my back up and I consider myself to be pretty open minded about stuff like that.

Last edited:
Well, Sam, the diction seems quite clear to me: as usual, I applaud your impression, but I am not the one needs to be convinced of its veracity.

I agree with not promoting prejudice, but what has it to do with this argument? Do all muslim women wear hijabs? What religious edict states they must? Doesn't it become rather optional?

Well, Sam, the diction seems quite clear to me: as usual, I applaud your impression, but I am not the one needs to be convinced of its veracity.

I agree with not promoting prejudice, but what has it to do with this argument? Do all muslim women wear hijabs? What religious edict states they must? Doesn't it become rather optional?

So there should be no problem with anyone dressing as they please then?

In which instance, and to what degree?

To the extent that people prefer, of course, short of streaking nude (except where that is considered normal), its not uncommon to cover yourself for various reasons, be it modesty or comfort or habit or profession or safety.

polar%20face%20mask.jpg

BMW-Enduro-Helmet.jpg

Or an unsteady nose job

_38785399_jackson_mask_150ap.jpg

Just curious, do atheists teach their children about all religions then?

Do they not "indoctrinate" them against religion?
We're all born Atheist :) I suppose it depends on the country and perhaps where in the country. I don't have children, but if it were the case and my child came running home crying that she/he/we were going to Hell because we didn't believe xxx ... yeah, I'd tell her that is not true and not to worry about it and that some people believe that but it's simply not something to worry about at all.

Other than that, perhaps the only other contact may be just visiting various churches and temples for the architecture and period romance - hopefully it wouldn't come up?

Michael

I'll go with safety.

The rest...well, it invites misuse, as recently.

Oh: I was born atheist. Islam seems a bit confused on that point. ;)

Of course, idolater. Fall before Myuu or perish.

Or not; whichever Myuu is into.

Not according to Islam ;)
I'd agree with the initial assumption - but it seems, in antiquity, that people actually tended towards polytheism. Most people around the World were polytheists - up until the spread of monotheism via missionaries.

Michael

Fitrah kind of seems like a dumb concept.

No, I take that back.

Not "kind of".

Fitrah kind of seems like a dumb concept.

No, I take that back.

Not "kind of".

Ha! Thats your Catholic strain speaking. :p

In Islamic context, Fitrah (فطرة) is humanity's innate disposition towards virtue and the ability to differentiate between right and wrong

I'd agree with the initial assumption - but it seems, in antiquity, that people actually tended towards polytheism. Most people around the World were polytheists - up until the spread of monotheism via missionaries.

Michael

Still haven't realised the full potential of our innate abilities then?:p

Back