What is a magnetic field made from?

'Force-field' is a general concept , which exists through out the space or universe .

Gravity is a particular case of 'force-field' , which we normally associate with our Earth .

Force-field for a mass 'm' , at a distance 'r' can be expressed mathematically as F=G*m/r^2 ; where G is gravitational-constant as defined by Newton .

I only said that , force-field can be generated from magnetic-field and electrical-field .

My only intention is to know the truth .
@AlexG do you agree with this?

I see I asked the question to the wrong post
Robittybob1 asked "Now I don't know if anyone understood the physics of that But can anyone answer this? If an electrically charged wind gushed past Magnetic materials (iron molecules) would they move in the magnetic field generated by the current?"

A person hansda replied:
"In this case, the iron molecules (magnetic materials) should move in the magnetic field generated by the current ."

@AlexG do you agree with this? Sorry about that slip up.:)

You don't get to make up definitions and have them be meaningful.

Force-field is a meaningless generality.

If magnetic-field can be generalised , electrical-field can be generalised ; whats wrong with the force-field ?

Why force-field can not be generalised ?

It becomes so easy to explain things with force-field . If at any location in space , an unit-mass is kept ; that mass will experience some force . This force defines the force-field at that location , at that instant .

I see I asked the question to the wrong post
Robittybob1 asked "Now I don't know if anyone understood the physics of that But can anyone answer this? If an electrically charged wind gushed past Magnetic materials (iron molecules) would they move in the magnetic field generated by the current?"

A person hansda replied:
"In this case, the iron molecules (magnetic materials) should move in the magnetic field generated by the current ."
@AlexG do you agree with this? Sorry about that slip up.:)

AlexG was quick to say 'No' to force-field earlier .

But this time hasnt yet answered the question .

If magnetic-field can be generalised , electrical-field can be generalised ; whats wrong with the force-field ?

Magnetic and electrical both actually name the mechanism and force involved.

"Force-field" is a generalized term which has no specific meaning, no mechanism, no description.

We have magnetism. We have electrical. We don't have 'force'.

@ AlexG "If an electrically charged wind gushed past Magnetic materials (iron molecules suspended as in an intergalactic gas cloud) would they move in the magnetic field generated by the current?"

Magnetic and electrical both actually name the mechanism and force involved.

Thnaks for answering .

"Force-field" is a generalized term which has no specific meaning, no mechanism, no description.

I have already defined 'force-field' earlier . It follows the same field-theory as that of magnetism and electrical .
We have magnetism.

Do you mean to say 'magnetism' and 'magnetic-field' are different ? ... and ... magnetic-field doesnt exist ?

We have electrical.

Do you mean to say 'electrical' and 'electrical-field' are different ? ... and ... electrical-field doesnt exist ?

We don't have 'force'.

What do you mean ? ... 'Force' doesnt exist ? ... Doesnt Newton's second Law of Motion defines 'force' ?

Force applied on a unit mass defines the 'force-field' at that location of the unit mass .

What force?

If two magnets are placed at a distance ; a force will generate between these two magnets .

If two electrically charged particles are kept at a distance ; a force will generate between these two charged particles .

Similarly, if two masses are kept at a distance ; a force will generate between these two masses .

So magnetic force generates from magnetic-field , electrical force generates from electrical-field and rest type forces ( other than magnetic or electrical ) generates from force-field .

If two magnets are placed at a distance ; a force will generate between these two magnets .

If two electrically charged particles are kept at a distance ; a force will generate between these two charged particles .

Similarly, if two masses are kept at a distance ; a force will generate between these two masses .

So magnetic force generates from magnetic-field , electrical force generates from electrical-field and rest type forces ( other than magnetic or electrical ) generates from force-field .

"Rest type forces (other than magnetic or electrical)..."

Are you talking about gravity?

"Rest type forces (other than magnetic or electrical)..."

Are you talking about gravity?

Gravity is one example of "rest type forces" .

Other examples can be nuclear-forces , which depend upon the mass of atomic particles .

Back