What does God do?

The question should be what has religion done to us? Then you might understand why I care about showing it to be irrational.

The question should be what has religion done to us? Then you might understand why I care about showing it to be irrational.

Well target that, with your hatred, not me.

Who invented Christianity in the first place? You gonna blame Jesus for that too?

I don't hate you, nor do I blame Jesus for inventing Christianity. I'm sorry if my passion gave you that impression amigo. My intent is just to question basic premises. I think we want the same thing in the end, peace on Earth.

I don't hate you, nor do I blame Jesus for inventing Christianity. I'm sorry if my passion gave you that impression amigo. My intent is just to question basic premises. I think we want the same thing in the end, peace on Earth.

That is what I want, it will happen I just don't know when. Judging by the people on the planet I see mostly good signs, acceptance of others(no matter how different they are) most of our youth are showing is a great sign. Passion shows that you are human, which I like. I don't come here often, but it was one of your posts that peaked my interest. Hopefully, you won't turn on me, and we can settle our differences.

Has anybody said what God does yet, in answer to my question in the opening post?

This is a question for the believers on sciforums.

What does God do?

I mean, what does God do right here and now, today? I don't want to hear about how God created the universe and that sort of thing, or how God performed miracles in the distant past, or any of that. I just want to know what God does on a day-to-day basis in the modern world, if anything?

Does God meddle in human affairs? Does God talk to people? Does God spend his time running things like the weather?

What does God do?

Extremely difficult to do anything when you are mythical

So as a direct answer NOTHING

I thought our resident Christians might be able to help answer the question.

I see. You think that God has to be intervening personally all the time to keep the whole system running. Is that right?
I'm not sure "intervene" would be the correct word. For instance, you would not describe your consciousness being the "intervening" agency of your body. The very word "intervene" suggests some sort of political vacuum where the status quo is still being negotiated or something.

I'm not sure "intervene" would be the correct word.
Fair enough. But it would be correct to say that you think that God's constant active activity is necessary to keep everything going along properly? That is, if God wasn't actively concentrating on making the trees grow and the ocean currents flow and the stars shine, then none of that would happen.

It's a good thing that God's will appears to be to keep things consistent, so that most of the time it looks like God isn't even there. Do you have any idea why God is like that?

Back