what do women get out of islam?

?? The West has survived too, Sam. Does this offend you somehow? Are the women happy? What happens to them in the event of divorce?

?? The West has survived too, Sam. Does this offend you somehow? Are the women happy? What happens to them in the event of divorce?

The West had a 300 year genocide, 2 world wars and a holocaust in between.

As for the woman, do you see any destitute women, any beggars or prostitutes?

Okaaaay. And?

As for the women: well the studies say that their position in society is damaged. What do you want me to say about that? Prostitutes? Ever hear of temporary marriage?

Okaaaay. And?

As for the women: well the studies say that their position in society is damaged. What do you want me to say about that? Prostitutes? Ever hear of temporary marriage?

Which studies? And what do studies say about Western women?

What happens in a temporary marriage? Is it different from the temporary marriages in the West? In what way?:yawn:

People who actually respect Muslim women would also honor the religion which they hold sacred.

It does not make sense to say that one is fighting for Muslim women's rights and then begin disrespecting their great leaders, culture, and religion. It is even more laughable when these same people call for war and more conflict in Muslim nations, which are inhabited also by the Muslim women they are attempting to liberate.

Westerners should realize that Muslim women are intelligent enough to make their own decisions for themselves.

Which studies? And what do studies say about Western women?

What happens in a temporary marriage? Is it different from the temporary marriages in the West? In what way?:yawn:

In that it's designed for sex. Three days and done. It's officially sanctioned prostitution.

People who actually respect Muslim women would also honor the religion which they hold sacred.

I do, but not where it halves their rights.

It does not make sense to say that one is fighting for Muslim women's rights and then begin disrespecting their great leaders, culture, and religion.

But not as laughable as those same leaders taking away those rights in order to protect them.

Westerners should realize that Muslim women are intelligent enough to make their own decisions for themselves.

True: where their society permits. Not all do, or in all situations.

Links please. And how is it different from just effing around?

In that it's a marriage specifically designed for getting your rocks off, after which the women isn't really marriageable. I wonder what ol' Yassir meant when he complained about all the "unmarrigeable women" being a problem.

In that it's a marriage specifically designed for getting your rocks off, after which the women isn't really marriageable. I wonder what ol' Yassir meant when he complained about all the "unmarrigeable women" being a problem.

So once married women do not get remarried in Muslims? Really? And they all have four wives too? So where are all these temporary wives?

They get to be part of harem of a rich men who can take care of them. they should be happy... Hahaha. Just kidding. Seriously though I'm sure these muslim women have enough intelligence to think for themselves.

Muslim as a religion is I'm sure not so bad but it's the hypocrites that practise selective fundamental beliefs to feed their ego that's the danger. I doesn't help that their tradition are predominantly male bias. I have plenty of muslim friends afterall and most of them are very nice people. Funnily enough, though I'm not a religious person I've found most religion to actually preach good will. It's those that take it to the extreme to feed their own agenda or ego that becomes rotten apples that we talk about. I don't think it's right to generalise either.

Perhaps one of the worst thing about beig a muslim for women is fear of family honour killing. Though muslim women are generally as intelligent and can think for themselves as much as any of us, it's important that we recognise such crap that goes on under their community such as honour killing. That stuff is happening everywhere sadly. It's tragic that some of these women can't trust their own family because of some backwards shananigans.

Things like covering their face is generally their choice. Admittingly some country enforce it with religious-based laws. It's a shame they are being so draconian about it. Again this is just another case of abusing politics and human rights with religion.

Don't blame the religion. Blame the people enforcing and preaching these crap. It's about as bad as Catholic priests and alter boys craze.

They get to be part of harem of a rich men who can take care of them. they should be happy... Hahaha. Just kidding. Seriously though I'm sure these muslim women have enough intelligence to think for themselves.

Muslim as a religion is I'm sure not so bad but it's the hypocrites that practise selective fundamental beliefs to feed their ego that's the danger. I doesn't help that their tradition are predominantly male bias. I have plenty of muslim friends afterall and most of them are very nice people. Funnily enough, though I'm not a religious person I've found most religion to actually preach good will. It's those that take it to the extreme to feed their own agenda or ego that becomes rotten apples that we talk about. I don't think it's right to generalise either.

Perhaps one of the worst thing about beig a muslim for women is fear of family honour killing. Though muslim women are generally as intelligent and can think for themselves as much as any of us, it's important that we recognise such crap that goes on under their community such as honour killing. That stuff is happening everywhere sadly. It's tragic that some of these women can't trust their own family because of some backwards shananigans.

How magnanimous of you, I'll be sure to keep a close watch on the murderous tendencies of my relatives.

To Fuqu:
Please define honor killings for me as I am not familiar with this term. Please provide examples of this, and show that this applies exclusively for women.

How magnanimous of you, I'll be sure to keep a close watch on the murderous tendencies of my relatives.

How magnanimous of you, Gloria, to belitte the murders of these women.

As for DH: you are a propagandist. Please be silent about issues that are already established. Thankyou.

Thankyou! I agree with this statement. (I know you were subtly hinting around for my approval...you have it, madam.) I also feel, however, that most interpretations of islam are also patriarchal, so that it's a fertile field for misogyny. See Q 4:11, 4:34 (and don't get on the Michael Jackson thing again).

Thankyou! I agree with this statement. (I know you were subtly hinting around for my approval...you have it, madam.) I also feel, however, that most interpretations of islam are also patriarchal, so that it's a fertile field for misogyny. See Q 4:11, 4:34 (and don't get on the Michael Jackson thing again).

You mean your interpretation MUST be the right one? Are you turning Spencer on me?:bugeye:

Rather, that it might well be a popular one. Correct? That's for a well-organized and central humanitarian control to decide.

Anyway, I don't have a beard.

Rather, that it might well be a popular one. Correct? That's for a well-organized and central humanitarian control to decide.

Anyway, I don't have a beard.

I do believe you're a closet theist.

I might be. I find myself wondering about god sometimes recently. I even like reading religious texts - and yes, even the Quran. :eek:

Now that you've calmed down from your shock, I will say that it is, after all, the most unanswerable question possible, which is what interests me.

Back