What did Jesus look like?

J.B said:
Only someone who is inferior would believe that.

so if you were born into a family of white slaves in a country controlled by black people,where the only white people you saw were in slavery and then were told that your god was black you wouldnt believe it,you would still think that your god was white?your posts would be hilarious if they werent so sad.

(Q) said:
The image of Jesus is whatever one can conjure from their imaginations, since he probably never existed.

I would suspect most here would assume the same image as Hollywood has produced.

Hollywood? Don't you think those ridiculous stained-glass windows and picture bibles and whatnot have been around far longer than Hollywood's vile authority over the idiotic masses?

No, this image is a product of a power-hungry hierarchy...and the usage of religion to control the poor and uneducated.

kenworth said:
so if you were born into a family of white slaves in a country controlled by black people,where the only white people you saw were in slavery and then were told that your god was black you wouldnt believe it,you would still think that your god was white?your posts would be hilarious if they werent so sad.
As a Jew my people where inslaved for thousands of years, and many times in history people have tried to destroy are culture.

And how are we Jews doing?

The difference is, what culture did blacks have before meeting other cultures?

J.B said:
As a Jew my people where inslaved for thousands of years, and many times in history people have tried to destroy are culture.

thats funny,i dont even remember mentioning jews or how they are doing or their culture.i asked a specific question which you havent answered

J.B said:

An african one. (?)

786:
It is very possible that Christianity adopted many traditions and false doctrines into their religion.

not very possible, but indeed fact. Almost all if the cultural exponents of what is popularly known as "christianity" today owe their roots to when the emporer constanine converted christianity, resulting in the mixing of his previous paganism with his own interpretations of christianity as it was then.

25th december is actually an important date in the pagan calender, hence the reason why it was chosen to represent Jesus christ's birthday.

Also most of the modern "imagery" associated with christianity has it's roots in the biassed western-euro centric view of things of the Romans, hence it was the Romans who first depicted christ as a white dude with long hair etc.

kenworth said:
If I was black I don't think I would be smart enuff to answer your question here.

So, I answered your question as a Jew, because thats what I am.

J.B said:
If I was black I don't think I would be smart enuff to answer your question here.

So, I answered your question as a Jew, because thats what I am.

*sigh*

Don't you think those ridiculous stained-glass windows and picture bibles and whatnot have been around far longer than Hollywood's vile authority over the idiotic masses?

Oh yes, but my point was that most here would identify with Hollywoods version.

kenworth said:
LMAO!

Trust me Kenworth, there are some people in here who are simply beyond help or reason. JB is a rabid little racist. He/She/It will always be a rabid little racist. Arguing against people like JB is like trying to make someone like Angelic Being understand the concept of evolution. It will never happen. Maybe their brains aren't able to understand different concepts... who knows.. But in the end, it becomes an exercise in frustration, which is what people like JB enjoy being.

Sometimes it is best to leave the little people like JB to their little delusions of superiority. Because arguing with them or trying to discuss anything with them is like like arguing with a person in a vegetative state. You aren't going to get anywhere.

(Q) said:
lori, from the link you provided:

There's only one that's based upon historical and archeological evidence. I watched a show on the history channel (I think it was), that looked to depict what Jesus actually looked like, based upon know facts about 1st century Semitics, and that picture on the far right looks just like it.

dalahar said:
I was saying that atheists are white, hairy homosexuals for crying out loud. It was a joke I was hoping everyone would pass over. I almost succeeded but MW doesn't miss a thing.

Hmm...I got the joke...even snickered a bit when I read it the first time. (Maybe some people take everything too literally).

Back