What did Jesus look like?

Medicine*Woman

Jesus: Mythstory--Not History!
Valued Senior Member
M*W: The only physical description of Jesus in the NT says that he resembles "the sun," and that his face "shone like the sun." Jesus is described as having garments that were as "white as light." He was called "the light of the world that every eye can see." This sounds to me like the anthropomorphization of the center of our solar system -- the sun. Jesus' celebrated day is Sunday. Why can't Christians get this connection?

Jesus looked like a Jewish guy while He was human. lol. I get the connection, what of it? Maybe man wasn't the only thing that He made "in His image". Everything testifies to the truth in it's own way.

Very few people recognize that Jesus was a negro.

I wonder.. do you think the billions and billions of believers would still believe if Jesus had really been black?

§outh§tar said:
Very few people recognize that Jesus was a negro.

I wonder.. do you think the billions and billions of believers would still believe if Jesus had really been black?
No I do not believe that many if any people would or could believe that Jesus had been black, a look at blacks behaviour through out history is a good reason why.

But what is interesting is the fact that billions and billions people of color believe that Jesus is white.

Last edited:
J.B said:
No I do not believe that many if any people would or could believe that Jesus had been black, a look at blacks behaviour through out history is a good reason why.

haha.,mate,you are a fucking idiot.

kenworth said:
haha.,mate,you are a fucking idiot.
You skipped this part:

But what is interesting is the fact that billions and billions people of color believe that Jesus is white.

J.B said:

ok,yes that is both interesting and upsetting.

kenworth said:
ok,yes that is both interesting and upsetting.
Do you have ANY thoughts on why so many people of color would believe a white man could be "God like"?

Medicine Woman said:
M*W: The only physical description of Jesus in the NT says that he resembles "the sun," and that his face "shone like the sun." Jesus is described as having garments that were as "white as light." He was called "the light of the world that every eye can see." This sounds to me like the anthropomorphization of the center of our solar system -- the sun. Jesus' celebrated day is Sunday. Why can't Christians get this connection?

Oh, and I would like to add something on this.

The date of birth of Jesus, which is Christmas is December 25th while considering that even scholars agree that the dat of birth of Jesus is not known, but the date adopted by the Christians is December 25th is also the date in which under the emperor Aurelian, Rome had celebrated the feast of the "Invincible SUN".

It is very possible that Christianity adopted many traditions and false doctrines into their religion.

Peace be unto you :)

dalahar: He did NOT look like an atheist.
M*W: Exactly what does an atheist look like?

786: Oh, and I would like to add something on this.

The date of birth of Jesus, which is Christmas is December 25th while considering that even scholars agree that the dat of birth of Jesus is not known, but the date adopted by the Christians is December 25th is also the date in which under the emperor Aurelian, Rome had celebrated the feast of the "Invincible SUN".

It is very possible that Christianity adopted many traditions and false doctrines into their religion.

Peace be unto you :)
M*W: This is certainly the most intelligent post I've read today.

J.B said:
Do you have ANY thoughts on why so many people of color would believe a white man could be "God like"?

because they have been told for centuries and centuties that blacks are inferior.,

Hebrews were of African descent. So, indeed, Jesus would have been dark-skinned.

And, if you're really religious, you would realize that it doesn't matter what color skin he had, or what he looked like. Who cares, and what point does it serve?

The image of Jesus is whatever one can conjure from their imaginations, since he probably never existed.

I would suspect most here would assume the same image as Hollywood has produced.

in every image i have seen,some as old as the 7/8th century he looks like a goddam hippie.

dalahar: Ignore that. I was just making light on Snakelord's comment that Jesus looked like a white, hairy homosexual. I was saying, "No, Jesus didn't look like an atheist."
M*W: I went back and re-read SL's comment, and I still don't see the connection you were trying to make. How does a "white, hairy homosexual" equate to "atheist?"

Back