Whale's Revenge

There's an obvious difference, if only in terms of numbers killed, between small-scale whaling a la the Inuit and and industrial-scale commercial whaling for profit - no?

Tell me, really, ....what good are whales?

Oh, I know, you're all gonna' say something politically correct about "eco-this" and "ecosystem-that", but that's not really an answer to the question. So, ....really, what good are they? If they all disappeared tomorrow, would we even notice it?
Baron Max

yes we would.

yes we would.

No, what you really mean is that the news media would tell us. And then they'd tell us to be worried and concerned. And then they'd tell us to shed tears and feel emotional pain. And then they'd tell us some bullshit about how damaged the ecosystem is. And then they'd tell us.....

Well, you get the picture. If all the fuckin' whales disappeared tomorrow, and the news media didn't tell us, would you even know? Would you even notice? Would it change anything in your life?

Baron Max

If the answer to "what are they good for ? " is "I dunno", it takes a special kind of fool to follow up by killing them all.

Personally, I hope that when we come around to farming the ocean we have healthy populations of many large herbivores available for domestication. Otherwise we'll be eating compressed krill cakes.

And the big guys that eat the big squid ? Anything that keeps those goddam things pinned down deep, rather than investigating the foraging possibilites along Waikiki Beach, is a pal and boon companion.

Just saying.

Oh right. Good question.

Nothing, I suppose.

Would you eat longpig? I would. Tastes like pork, so I've heard.

The petition isn't about eating them though, it's about using them for so called 'scientific research' (some dispute that this is the true intention). What do you think about that?

i would only eat longpig in an extreme cirumstance...

i think that japanese scientific whaling is a whole load of shit but some people disagree http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6667907.stm

I'm confused. You mentioned cows but your sources appear to be discussing the link between whales and hippos. I'm guessing that you make the worst cup of tea in the world.

Artiodactylids. Cows n' sech.

Anyway, your comment clearly indicates you have no idea of the quality of hippo milk. I admit, the milking is a little tricky, but possible with enough expendible underlings.

(Only kidding. Fascinating stuff.
icon14.gif
)

*humbly bows* I apologize for our tiff earlier; I hope your mum's associations with trollies have been uniformly positive.

Wouldn't this upset the global milk/water balance? Weak cuppas worldwide would surely be the inevitable and catastrophic result.

All nations would then be forced to rely on 1950's-era powdered milk supplies captured by East Korea in the last war with the other Koreas. The sacks are a little clotty but beggars can't be choosers.

Er, I mean: anything for the environment.

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone already posted this. If they did, then just ignore it.

I was sickened to see how whale hunters killed a 50-ton bowhead whale off the Alaskan coast. The pictures were sickening.:(

I think anyone who wants to hunt a whale (or any living animal/mammal) should have to do it by hand with no weapons.:(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281512,00.html

if they want to hunt whales they need to do it old school just a pointy stick they sharpned by themselves hell all recreational hunting unless if you plan on eating what you kill should be that way

I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone already posted this. If they did, then just ignore it.

I was sickened to see how whale hunters killed a 50-ton bowhead whale off the Alaskan coast. The pictures were sickening.:(

I think anyone who wants to hunt a whale (or any living animal/mammal) should have to do it by hand with no weapons.:(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,281512,00.html

are you a vegetarian?

Back