Whale hunting

It does matter if you give a shit about this planet (humans excluded).

Well, I don't give a shit about humans, and I do give a shit about the other animals, but the reality is ....I can do nothing about it, so why should I lose any sleep over it? Especially since no one else is.

Baron Max

Well, I don't give a shit about humans, and I do give a shit about the other animals, but the reality is ....I can do nothing about it, so why should I lose any sleep over it? Especially since no one else is.

Baron Max

I agree except for this part: "Especially since no one else is"
If you don't give a shit about humans why do you care what everyone else does or doesn't do ?

I agree except for this part: "Especially since no one else is"
If you don't give a shit about humans why do you care what everyone else does or doesn't do ?

Okay, delete that part from my message. Feel better now?

Baron Max

People are too ethnocentric. We don't like something so we expect every other culture to also not like it. There are people in the world who like eating whale meat just as there are people in the world who enjoy horse meat, beef, pork and dog. If you don't want to eat whale, don't. Don't go telling others what they can and cannot eat.

Why not? We tell others what they can or cannot do all the time, what's so sacred about eating habits?

Sometimes it is hard to prove ethical positions because they are based on intuition.

I hate the killing of whales and I hope it stops.

Back