We want to take off our shirts too!

I know we've been down this road...Shorty...being prudish again.

Nakedness in the home is more healthy than teaching body shame.

Whatever I am a prude then. Do you have daughters by chance, around the same ages of mine? Do you walk around completely naked around them?

Whatever I am a prude then. Do you have daughters by chance, around the same ages of mine? Do you walk around completely naked around them?

we have a daughter and i know if her dad walked around naked she would freak out, and we couldnt afford the couseling bills after hte traumatising event

Do you have daughters by chance, around the same ages of mine? Do you walk around completely naked around them?

I walk around naked in front of all the kids, my two sons and my stepdaughter ( call the cops), the elder boy doesn't like it ( he'll get over it one day) the others don't even notice.
I don't make a big show about it but I sleep naked and if I can't just walk down the hall to the shower in my own house, then shoot me now.

I grew up never seeing my mum naked, never saw a tampon in the house..etc, etc...I just don't think it's healthy to be ashamed of natural bodily functions/the naked body.

I walk around naked in front of all the kids, my two sons and my stepdaughter ( call the cops), the elder boy doesn't like it ( he'll get over it one day) the others don't even notice.
I don't make a big show about it but I sleep naked and if I can't just walk down the hall to the shower in my own house, then shoot me now.

I grew up never seeing my mum naked, never saw a tampon in the house..etc, etc...I just don't think it's healthy to be ashamed of natural bodily functions/the naked body.

i dont think its healthy either and i personally have never felt the need to hide tampons and other esential items for women, and my mum did, she wouldnt even let me see a condom until i was 15 and i vowed never to be like that with my kids!

if i am in the shower and they walk in, then so what? (and before anyone says, "lock the doors" we dont like having locks on our doors")

we have a daughter and i know if her dad walked around naked she would freak out, and we couldnt afford the couseling bills after hte traumatising event

Why? I have seen both my parents naked at some time or the other (when they were sick for instance, or needed help while wearing a cast) and it has not traumatised me.

Spudz said:

I agree with you.

Why? I have seen both my parents naked at some time or the other (when they were sick for instance, or needed help while wearing a cast) and it has not traumatised me.

I agree with you.

you've not met my daughter, someone kisses on tv and she runs out the room, she hates showing emotion, and if we were to walk around naked or topless she would cry for days and days

She hates showing emotion, but will cry for days and days ?

I don't really see how nakedness has to do with showing emotion. Personally, I've been brought up in a very covered family. But I see no problem with walking around naked. But If you get stared at, don't come crying.

you've not met my daughter, someone kisses on tv and she runs out the room, she hates showing emotion, and if we were to walk around naked or topless she would cry for days and days

Why does she run out of the room if someone is kissing on TV?

She hates showing emotion, but will cry for days and days ?

I don't really see how nakedness has to do with showing emotion. Personally, I've been brought up in a very covered family. But I see no problem with walking around naked. But If you get stared at, don't come crying.

well kids (teenagers) do not even want to think about mum and dad having sex, and when i told her she was breast fed, because she said that she didnt like seeing my breast while i was in the shower, she didnt talk to me for 3 days, and i mean didnt talk to me, she think breast feeding is not right, she says, "why breast feed when you can go and get formula milk"?

Why does she run out of the room if someone is kissing on TV?

she hates emotion, i mean i tell my kids (and i make a point of it) every day that i love them, and she cringes everytime i say it, when asked why she just says "i dunno"

Sounds like she needs a reality check.

she's a kid, and even though i have tried to make sure she see's the naked body and i made sure she knew that bodily functions are nothing to be ashamed of, she just doesnt like it, i kissed her one day, in front of her friends and she hated me!

she's a kid, and even though i have tried to make sure she see's the naked body and i made sure she knew that bodily functions are nothing to be ashamed of, she just doesnt like it, i kissed her one day, in front of her friends and she hated me!

Sounds like there's other issues at work in her head.

Would you let teenagers walk around the house nude?

Would you let teenagers walk around the house nude?

Of course but they get all self conscious at about the onset of puberty and don't do it anyway.

I have friends whose 15 year old daughter apparently has no qualms being naked in front of them. It's a rarity.

This has been tried many times throughout history, and it always ends up short-lived. I think some Roman, with regards to a fad of see-through clothes in Rome said something along the lines of "now we have nothing to show to our lovers that they have not already seen in the street." Sums it up, really.

Back