We want to take off our shirts too!

Women in Copenhagen can now swim and walk around in public pools without their bikini tops

The decision is the result of a year-long campaign by a pressure group, the Topless Front, which says women should be treated the same as bare-chested men.

Campaign leader Astrid Vang, 20, who took her shirt off with others to protest at a leisure centre at Christmas, said: "We women would like to decide by ourselves when our breasts should be sexual and when not.

"In swimming pools they should not and that is why the breasts should not be covered - We will bathe topless just like men."

The Danish campaign was inspired by a Swedish group called Just Breasts, which was formed after two women were asked to cover up their breasts by a lifeguard at a public pool near Stockholm.

Swedish protesters carried out several full-frontal marches in their country but are still campaigning for bare-chested equality.

One of their leaders, 22-year-old Ragnhild Karlsson, said: "We want our breasts to be as normal and desexualised as men's, so that we too can pull off our shirts at football matches."

http://weirdnews.about.com/gi/dynam...ews.html?in_article_id=548728&in_page_id=1811
GO GIRLS!!! :)

I love Nordic girls... :D

Breasts are certainly sexual.
They're not sex organs, though. They aren't for sex any more than the hair on your head is.

/jokes about handlebars.

Entirely depends on the woman's breasts, does it not? Pre pubescents have non sexual breast (unless you're in Gary Glitter's gang) adolescent not so much. Full grown, voluptuous, penduals, woman breasts are very much so. Middle aged ones? Mmmnaahh. Old lady two-golf-balls-in-a-hankie? Very unsexy (unless you're in Jim'll fix it's gang). So along the timeline of a woman's body there's really only a small window of opportunity in which you could look at her breasts and consider them sexual. That's not to mention most people aren't that good in the buff either, so there's even less of a percentage of sexy jubblies. So to be fair, let's say all non-lactating, young woman's, firm, upright, nicely defined, not-to-young-not-to-old breasts are fine. All the others are just bags of fat.

Last edited:
No doubt that charges being laid for 'sexual harassment' would increase dramatically if such a law was brought in. "He was 'leering' at my breasts. Boo hoo hoo, sexual harassment."

No doubt that charges being laid for 'sexual harassment' would increase dramatically if such a law was brought in. "He was 'leering' at my breasts. Boo hoo hoo, sexual harassment."

You're right. Even as it is now I think women should shut up about the sexual harassment. Many wear extremely revealing clothing, especially cleavage-wise, and then get pissed when a man looks. Of course they're going to, and they wanted them too, or they wouldn't dress like that. It should be taken as a complement if anything. There are women who really are being sexually harassed that are being taken less seriously because of women throwing this term around. No doubt the same would apply if this law were brought in.

You're right. Even as it is now I think women should shut up about the sexual harassment. Many wear extremely revealing clothing, especially cleavage-wise, and then get pissed when a man looks. Of course they're going to, and they wanted them too, or they wouldn't dress like that. It should be taken as a complement if anything. There are women who really are being sexually harassed that are being taken less seriously because of women throwing this term around. No doubt the same would apply if this law were brought in.

your lumping all women together????

ok certain women cry sexual harrassment because they are wearing revealing tops, tight pants, or short skirts, but does that give men the right to harras them??

your lumping all women together????

ok certain women cry sexual harrassment because they are wearing revealing tops, tight pants, or short skirts, but does that give men the right to harras them??

No it does not give men the right to actually harass them. Looking, which was what was mentioned in the post I replied to, is not harassment. I said that women who are actually being harassed which in no way is ever okay are not taken as seriously due to how mild we've made the term harassment. It's a very serious and wrong thing, and a very serious accusation to make of someone else.

How am I lumping all women together? :shrug:

Being sexually harassed is not fun. Breasts can be sexual and are possibly more so than other parts of the body depending on the person viewing. However if their is nothing sexual about what a woman is doing then they should just be considered part of her body. I don't really think seeing a woman's breast or even a penis for that matter really has any adverse effects on people or children, but maybe I'm wrong. How would I know I don't have kids.

....I don't really think seeing a woman's breast or even a penis for that matter really has any adverse effects on people or children, but maybe I'm wrong. How would I know I don't have kids.

Ever see your Dad's penis on your Mom's breasts? Its traumatic.

Being sexually harassed is not fun. Breasts can be sexual and are possibly more so than other parts of the body depending on the person viewing. However if their is nothing sexual about what a woman is doing then they should just be considered part of her body. I don't really think seeing a woman's breast or even a penis for that matter really has any adverse effects on people or children, but maybe I'm wrong. How would I know I don't have kids.

I know quite well that sexual harassment is not fun. But I don't consider looking harassment.

Ever see your Dad's penis on your Mom's breasts? Its traumatic.

I didn't mean in a sexual situation, but I have seen my parents having sex before I was not traumatized and needed no therapy. I only felt bad because of the invasion of privacy issue, but other than that, nothing. Maybe I'm special :p

I know quite well that sexual harassment is not fun. But I don't consider looking harassment.

Being looked at isn't harassment. At least not what I've experienced maybe there are certain situations... As long as no one touches you or says anything to you, then it you don't have a problem. People constantly staring at you can be annoying, but it isn't grounds for harassment charges.

I agree. It's really the women that make these claims based on stuff like this that are making a joke out of sexual harassment accusations.

Indeed.

AN Italian man has been given a suspended jail sentence for staring too intensely at a woman sitting in front of him on a train.

A judge sentenced the man in his 30s, whose name was not revealed, to 10 days in prison and a 40 euro ($68) fine after a 55-year old woman filed a complaint for sexual harassment.

The two met on two separate occasions in 2005 on a commuter train going from Lecco, a town in northern Italy, to Milan.

The first time, the man sat next to the woman but she felt he had moved too close for comfort.

The next day, the man sat in front of the same woman and according to her complaint, stared at her for the whole journey.

The two did not speak.
(Source)

Back