Was there a Holocaust?

Was there a Holocaust?

• In a way, YES. But not as exaggerated as 6 million slaughtered jews.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ConsequentAtheist said:
Proud_Muslim is little more than rabid, antisemitic scum. Those like DoctorNO, who play with the topic for their own amusement, and who could care less about the reality underlying such crimes, are not much better.

How can you call me anti semitic when I am SEMITIC myself ! fool !!

ANTI SEMITIC USED TO MEAN ANYONE WHO HATE THE JEWS, NOW, IT MEANS ANYONE WHO THE JEWS HATE.

You are the scum for promoting lies and making people believing them.

Shame on you.

1. PM, can't you make one post?

2. You claim it is a lie. Statistics based on historic documents show that 5-6 million exterminated Jews is a reality:

The exact number of people killed by the Nazi regime is still subject to further research. Recently declassified British and Soviet documents have indicated the total may be somewhat higher than previously believed. However, the following estimates are considered to be highly reliable.
5.6-6.1 million Jews
3.5-6 million Slavic civilians
2.5-4 million POWs
1-1.5 million political dissidents
200 000-800 000 Roma & Sinti
200 000-300 000 handicapped
10 000-250 000 homosexuals
2 000 Jehovah's Witnesses

link

I somehow fail to see why a holocaust stops to be a holocaust because more than the jews were targeted for extermination.

Some quote from the same link since apparently you don't follow other people links:

The word 'Holocaust', from the Greek word 'holokauston' meaning "a burnt sacrifice offered to God", originally referred to a sacrifice Jews were required to make by the Torah, and later to large scale catastrophes or massacres. Due to the theological meaning that this word carries, many Jews find the use of this word problematic, as it could imply that Jews were a sacrifice. Instead of holocaust many Jews prefer the Hebrew word Shoah, which means "desolation".

n some circles, the term holocaust is used to describe the systematic murder of the other groups which were exterminated in the same circumstances by the Nazis, including ethnic Roma and Sinti (also known as Gypsies), political dissidents, communists, homosexuals, mental patients, Jehovah's Witnesses, Russians, Poles, and other Slavs, raising the total number of victims of Nazis to between ten and fourteen million civilians, and up to 4 million POWs.

t is nonetheless recognized that most people who use the term Holocaust do not intend such a meaning. Similarly, many Roma (Gypsy) people use the word Porajmos, meaning "Devouring" to describe the Nazi attempt to exterminate that group.

Proud_Muslim has deliberately and consistently distorted the facts in his posts, where he has bothered to give any information at all to back up his argument. Mostly, he has simply been spewing hate.

See consequentatheist's posts for some more reliable statistics.

DoctorNo, I advise you to think more carefully before you post something which makes you look like a denier of history.

Since this discussion has nothing to do with Religion, I am closing the thread.

As a moderator, I am supposed to remain above the fray to some extent. However, in this instance, I would like to say that I find holocaust denial a particularly distasteful form of bigotry.

Proud_Muslim: you may take this as a warning. Further unsupported threads or posts on this topic may result in your temporary or permanent banning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back