Ufo NUtCAsEs

Re: aliens/ufo's

Originally posted by lisamelanie2
:cool: Hi everyone!,
I think everyone should be open minded to all theories, people who says aliens dont exist are small minded to me as where is the proof to say the dont exist.

You obviously (that is, if you are including me in the "people who says (sic) aliens dont (sic) exist" catagory) didn't read my previous post or any of my other posts..... I essentially agree with you.

My contention is that there is little probability that they are visiting our planet. They (the ETs) obviously have the same physical laws as we do... we do share a universe! So they, undoubtedly, have difficulties with Relativity when traveling long distances within reasonable periods of time.

That's not to preclude that some civilizations' technology/knowledge hasn't reached levels of advancement that allow them to solve these problems, but it certainly excludes most of the civilizations of the universe, which in all probability have not advanced to our level yet.

In all probability?

Estimates for the age of the universe typically range between 14 and 18 billion years. The age of the Earth is generally accepted as being around 4.5 billion years. Why would you assume that humans are leading the way, rather than lagging behind?

:m: Peace.

I do not believe that people who believe in UFOs are nuts.

Maybe they know something I don't???:confused:

Maybe they think they saw something which was different from what it actually was???

Maybe they are government test craft???:confused:

Maybe the person is lying to get attention???

Maybe the UFOs really are there???

Who knows?:p

from yesterday's scifi channel , out of the blue, this guy estimated..back in the 70's using probabilities i believe it, using mathematics, we have 2,000 planets in our galaxy that support life. :)

Then another guy instead using one galaxy as an example, he included the whole universe, upon million of galaxies, his result of probability intelligent life exists outside our solar system is 100%

Actually the majority of the skeptics are not people who don't believe in ET aliens, since they know they are just too many stars and galaxies. They have a hard time beleiving that we are being visited, they think we are not interested and we would we be visited..

Bad science, unfortunately. Can you explain his math to us?

:m: Peace.

aliens/ufo's

Hi
Who knows when and if they are visiting us, for all we know they could be walking amongst us, no-one knows for sure. We don't know how far advanced there technologies are, but lets face it it there traveling to other planets visiting then they have to very advanced compared to us. They could be invisible to our eye, camoflaged.Like i say you have to b open minded, you dont need to see things to beleive. People believe in different gods but they have never seen one.
:D

Re: aliens/ufo's

Like i say you have to b open minded, you dont need to see things to beleive. People believe in different gods but they have never seen one.

Are you trying to imply that religion is a viable alternative to science?

Also, in previous posts you make the rediculous statement that it can not be disproven that aliens are visiting earth. This, however is an arbitrary claim, because the burden of proof does not lay with people who claim that they are not, it lays with the positive claimant.

If we follow your reasoning, that anything wich can not be proven must be true, then we are living in a very strange world indeed.

relax

I am not implying anything. As i said earlier i have an open mind to everything. I think you need to sit back and chill for a while instead of getting up tight about these posting, no offense.

Don't have such an empty mind that you'll let anyone throw any rubbish into it.

I don't know why you keep calling me "uptight" if an ad hominem is all that you're left with, you're really best off simply not posting on this thread anymore.

Hi again
i'm not attacking you in any such way, i was simple posting my opinions, just like you are voicing your's.So please don't take it personal as it is not meant that way.:D

I think you need to sit back and chill for a while instead of getting up tight about these posting

Are you always this uptight?:confused:

i'm not attacking you in any such way

Is that so? I'll let your words speak for you, rather than adding my own.

Originally posted by MrMynomics
Damn UFO FolkLore are you ever gonna end

Only when people find some better arbitrary claim to obsess over.

Last edited:
Originally posted by goofyfish
In all probability?

:D

True.... I shouldn't have used the colloquial usage and stuck to the literal definition of the phrase... I actually didn't get to finish the post, I had a screaming infant that "in all probability" would not have discountinued without proper intervention ;)

I agree with what you saying, still, the probability of the civilizations that have advanced beyond our own doing so to a point that they can travel efficiently to other civilizations is one thing. Finding our little needle in the cosmic haystack is another. And finding it interesting enough to KEEP visiting is yet another thing all together.

I would rather spend time studying a nebula or the forming of a new star system... or making contact with a more 'enlightened' and less supertitious species of intelligence... not to mention a less violent one.

Quote - "I would rather spend time studying a nebula or the forming of a new star system... or making contact with a more 'enlightened' and less supertitious species of intelligence... not to mention a less violent one."

I agree with you, but just think if there is a species out there like that what they must think of our world fighting against each other with weapons of mass destruction. If you were an alien and see that going on, would you want to visit earth?.:)

Back