Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Average

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Below Average

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Non-Existent

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
Whether your right or wrong on all of your seemingly omnipotent knowledge of the universe, the disturbing and disgusting fact is that you do not even consider it a possibility that you could be wrong.

No... I really taught her about Love.

HEY! No you didn't..

All that I told her is about the spiritual meaning of Love...

Oh, that. Okay.

Cris,

... you, Northwind, Tyler, (Q), goofyfish, Xev...

We're all prophets? Whaa?

How is it egocentric not to need a God? I think it is more egocentric to believe that you speak for God!

Cris, Xev, and I have all stated quite clearly that we do not hold all the answers.

You on the other hand believe you know everything about everything.

And we're the ones who believe we're prophets?

Cris, Xev, and I have all stated quite clearly that we do not hold all the answers.

Let's be clear:

I don't know anything. Today I listened to Albinoni's 'Adagio' for the first time. I don't know who fired the first shots at Lexington and Concord, and I don't know the square root of 33. I don't know why men are so confusing, and I understand women even less.

I learn somthing new every day, and it is humbling. There is no certainty in what I do know.

I struggle towards the heights of knowledge, knowing full well that I will never reach them.

And yes, one must imagine Xev happy.

Tyler has put it best:
"Great are not those who hold the answers, but those who pose the questions."

truthseeker,

I should have continued to follow the Taoist philosophy...
Don't know why the Universe want me to speak up if so many people don't even listen...
There are two possible answers to your confusion.

1. The universe needs you to realize how little you really know and that most people are never going to listen to someone who is so clearly uninformed about reality. Once you have learnt the lesson then you are likely to be a much wiser person.

2. The universe never spoke to you in the first place and your delusion has caused you to dig a hole for yourself. Digging yourself out will be a learning experience in itself after which you are likely to be a much wiser person.

In either case you should realize that humility is the real magnet for respect. Find the humility that the Tao teaches, after which you will find all your answers.

Helpfully
Cris

Tyler,

Whether your right or wrong on all of your seemingly omnipotent knowledge of the universe, the disturbing and disgusting fact is that you do not even consider it a possibility that you could be wrong.

Because I actually experienced what I'm telling you...
I actually experienced this Love...

Ummm.... I don't remember that...

You on the other hand believe you know everything about everything.

... TruthSeeker...

I don't know everything. Here, I'm just telling you what I experienced in my life. I have no external evidence.... not at all... It's just what I experienced... that's all...

If I have seen God "face to face", I would be dead now... :D:D

Xev,

We're all prophets? Whaa?

The question was:
Who did you have in mind?

I answered:

I said before:
I'm not a prophet, but I still wonder about other people...

I said that I still wonder about other people because... I have consideration to

Sorry about the ambiguity...

How is it egocentric not to need a God? I think it is more egocentric to believe that you speak for God!

Most Christians believe and are hundreds of times more humble than any of you...

I struggle towards the heights of knowledge, knowing full well that I will never reach them.

You will... :)

Cris,

1. The universe needs you to realize how little you really know and that most people are never going to listen to someone who is so clearly uninformed about reality. Once you have learnt the lesson then you are likely to be a much wiser person.

2. The universe never spoke to you in the first place and your delusion has caused you to dig a hole for yourself. Digging yourself out will be a learning experience in itself after which you are likely to be a much wiser person.

Actually... none of those...
It actually happened when I was studing Taoism... It made me look deep inside myself and discover who I really am, what we ALL are: Love.
The world is so messed up that the Universe is asking many people to speak up about our true identity...

In either case you should realize that humility is the real magnet for respect. Find the humility that the Tao teaches, after which you will find all your answers.

Even Jesus couldn't be humble while teaching, could He?
And I can't even be compared to Him...

Love,
Nelson

Nelson:
Ummm.... I don't remember that...

Look above at my post. I've been saying this over and over.

Look at Tyler's sig. I know Tyler has said this a few times. I doubt that Cris has ever claimed to have all the answers, although he is free with his advice.

As well he should be. Cris is more experianced than any of us.

Most Christians believe and are hundreds of times more humble than any of you.

So? The man who introduced me to athiesm was....one of the most humble people I have ever met. He understood that the basis of his athiesm was not perfect: No-one can be sure that there isn't a God, only he believed the concept meaningless.

Although I have yet to meet a humble Christian, I am sure that there are humble Christians and arrogant athiests (and since when is arrogance bad?!). But not believing in God does not make one arrogant.

You seem to think that we made a conscious decision to 'live without God'. Bull. We don't believe in God. There's nothing to 'live without'.

"I don't know everything. Here, I'm just telling you what I experienced in my life. I have no external evidence.... not at all... It's just what I experienced... that's all..."

- Scientific Proof of God
- The True Meaning of God
- The True Meaning of Life
- The Universal Laws

To me this constitutes ultimate knowledge.

"Most Christians believe and are hundreds of times more humble than any of you..."

Yes because it's a humble attribute to think you know everything about the way the universe and humans work.......

"Actually... none of those...
It actually happened when I was studing Taoism... It made me look deep inside myself and discover who I really am, what we ALL are: Love.
The world is so messed up that the Universe is asking many people to speak up about our true identity..."

At 18 you've discovered all that I mentioned before eh.... How many years of Tao? Ask a master and see if they have all this wisdom. Ask anyone older than you.

"Even Jesus couldn't be humble while teaching, could He?
And I can't even be compared to Him..."

IF the Christian religion is completely true than no, Jesus did not act egotistical. Jesus did hold all the truths he spoke of because he was a higher being. HE WAS A HIGHER BEING. So are you a higher being?

"No-one can be sure that there isn't a God, only he believed the concept meaningless."

Initially, this was my reason for being atheist. I figured that I didn't need a god to live and found no reason in believing in one. Then I switched it around and realized I can't be atheist for that reason. There is plenty of evidence that suggests we can logically figure out how religion evolved, but it's just circumstancial evidence. The reason I became atheist was actually legal;

If you make a claim, you have to prove it, the other person doesn't have to disprove it. The way I see it, we started off with no statement of a jewish/christian/muslim.... god. So, later these peoples (among others) claimed their religion. Way I see it, you make the claim, you prove it.

I'm keeping my mind and ears open to any proofs for religion but until that time I say this; you make the claim, you prove it. Don't expect me to have to disprove it.

Xev,

As well he should be. Cris is more experianced than any of us.

You seem to think that we made a conscious decision to 'live without God'. Bull. We don't believe in God. There's nothing to 'live without'.

How can you don't believe in God and still live with God...?

Tyler,

To me this constitutes ultimate knowledge.

Yes, but still in development...
Do you really think I don't listen to you?
Of course I do! I listen, try to observe it in Nature, and if I observe it I add to my ideas or substitue by other thing...

Yes because it's a humble attribute to think you know everything about the way the universe and humans work.......
Christians are humble enough to believe that we are not wise enough to rule the world without the help of God and that we are all imperfect...
You, in other hand, believe that we are wise enough to rule the world and that you are always right.....

At 18 you've discovered all that I mentioned before eh.... How many years of Tao? Ask a master and see if they have all this wisdom. Ask anyone older than you.

Have you ever studied Taoism? If you did study you would realize that I'm still in the path, I'm not there yet, just because the Tao can't be explained with words. What I'm saying here is that I do my best to stay in the way but I'm surely not there yet, otherwise I couldn't explain it rationally (because it's impossible...).

Please, study before discuss it...

IF the Christian religion is completely true than no, Jesus did not act egotistical. Jesus did hold all the truths he spoke of because he was a higher being. HE WAS A HIGHER BEING. So are you a higher being?

Jesus was wise becasue He knew Himself. Jesus was a "Highter Being" because He was self-aware. As I said, I'm not as self-aware as He is...

If you make a claim, you have to prove it, the other person doesn't have to disprove it. The way I see it, we started off with no statement of a jewish/christian/muslim.... god. So, later these peoples (among others) claimed their religion. Way I see it, you make the claim, you prove it.

Yes... they were all a single Religion. They ARE actually a single Religion but, of course, molded in different cultures and languages...

I'm keeping my mind and ears open to any proofs for religion but until that time I say this; you make the claim, you prove it. Don't expect me to have to disprove it.

Ok... I'll see if I find some ancient books... the modern ones, as you should imagine, are all separated Religions... :)

Love,
Nelson

Nelson:
How can you don't believe in God and still live with God...?

I don't believe in God, I don't live with God.

You, in other hand, believe that we are wise enough to rule the world and that you are always right.....

WHAT? Athiests think that they are always right? Or Tyler thinks that he is always right?

Neither is true.

(In Tyler I trust. :D)

Humans may or may not be wise enough to rule the world. I think we will be, but I may be wrong.

You really, really need to study and understand athiesm before attacking it.

Jesus was a "Highter Being" because He was self- aware. As I said, I'm not as self-aware as He is...

No, that is not what Christianity states. They believe that He was the Son of God.

Xev,

Humans may or may not be wise enough to rule the world. I think we will be, but I may be wrong.

Yes, we will... :)

No, that is not what Christianity states. They believe that He was the Son of God.

Christianism also states: "We are to be like Him." :)
Oh... and they believe He IS the Son of God...

... Oh! And in Matthew 5:9 it's said:
"9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called Sons of God."

Love,
Nelson

:) I think TruthSeeker can have experienced a whole lot more then a lot of humans who are older then him. it's just a matter of living life with all your senses open. That doesn't say I believe in the christian god, for in his holy name there are made too many mistakes. Too much innocent lifes are taken because of the godbelieving.

Guess TruthSeeker wants to make us aware that there is more to life and our interaction with the Universes and Earth. It is all connected, everything happens for a reason. It's called :"All That Is..."

I must say that TruthSeeker says very good things. What does age have to do with it anyway? It occurs often in life that you meet people who are much older and don't have the insight on how to live your life in balance with the Cosmos, Nature, Earth and other human beings.

TruthSeeker calls it god, I think that "god" and the "devil", thus good and evil are in every human being. So we ourselves are the gods of our own life and surroundings. Each and every human has his/her effect on the life of others and shall find difficulties on their way. It's case then, you try to overcome these difficulties by looking in yourself and find the rightful, forgiveness toward others.

It's just called: LOVE!

What proof do you want then? What if you should try to live your life a little more loving and compassionate toward others. It may surprise you.

No, I don't believe in the holy god almighty. I do believe in myself and my actions toward others. If you live your life in peace with others, it will be peace you shall receive. I guess that's really important in this world now-a-days.

By this, I praise truthSeeker for not taking off and constantly come back to talk to you about it and try to make you see that there is a lot to be done about the attitude of humans in this world...:)

(Now i probably tick you people off again. So be it.)

Banshee:

What if you should try to live your life a little more loving and compassionate toward others. It may surprise you.

You mean like not posting autopsy photos on message boards? Or not attacking everyone who has the temarity to disagree with you? :)

Now i probably tick you people off again. So be it.

Naw. Self-rightousness normally rankles me, but I'm used to it.

Nelson:

You have yet to explain why athiests think that they are always right, or why Tyler thinks that he is always right.

Whether you feel attacked has to do with your attitude. :) Mayhaps you better take a good look at what you post, before accusing others.

I don't force anyone. I am free to post my thoughts on life. You feel attacked by it? How come, that's the question. And the answer lays within yourself...:) :)

Now, you two just kiss and make up, and I'll fetch the video camera... :p

Great Cthulhu, Jan Ardena, now Banshee....you have this odd obsession with me kissing.....:p

Ah, I thought it was the avatar....:D

Well, I just want to know who or what I'll be kissing next!

How's this?

xev6.jpg

Stupid TV/movie snogging. Not enough animals and leather and oil. Not even slightly realistic.

I guess inter-dimensional god-monsters need lovin' too... *puke*

Back