True ghost tales

So no, just because a 'scientist' can focus on the' controllable' aspects of the physical doesn't mean it has all the answers to 'real' life as we all have to live and deal with things besides just what 'scientists' know or their expertise. pfft.
No scientist has ever claimed that it has all the answers, and as usual, that is just the usual typical type of nonsense that those that accept the paranormal lie about, not withstanding your pfft.

That is a lovely bunch of word salad... but quite wrong. The world is far from "nearly incomprehensible" to many of us... and that is thanks to the efforts of scientists throughout the world and history.

And the efforts of the writers of your Bible, right?

And yet again you demonstrate that you really don't understand (or deliberately ignore) how this whole "making a claim" thing works.

YOU'RE the one making the claim, so I'm asking YOU.

It's not a case of knocking your's or anyone else's world views: It's a case of standing up to scrutiny and logic...in other words, the scientific method.

Noone uses the so called scientific method to determine what happens. It's all based on our experience and the experiences of others.

No scientist has ever claimed that it has all the answers, and as usual, that is just the usual typical type of nonsense that those that accept the paranormal lie about, not withstanding your pfft.

When did i say we all accept the paranormal? i said people have experiences that defy known ideas of possibility and logic. duh??? that gives a clue life doesn't exactly work in the limited ways we think it can only work. duh??? we don't know what it is yet but it has to be speculated on. duh??? and no, there is too much that happens that science or scientists cannot in any way answer, fix or control at all. we all can't go around living our lives in some bubble analyzing math equations etc. we have to live real life.

we all can't go around living our lives in some bubble analyzing math equations etc. we have to live real life.
Or live in a world of illusions, delusions, fairy tales, mythical nonsense and magical spaghetti monsters, Duh! :rolleyes::p

Or live in a world of illusions, delusions, fairy tales, mythical nonsense and magical spaghetti monsters, Duh! :rolleyes::p

You live in a safe bubble of sterile and empty abstractions paddoboy. Haven't you ever opened yourself to the surreal power of reality itself? Haven't you ever plunged into the teeming and unpredictable abyss of just happening now? The maddening presence of our demon-haunted world?

You live in a safe bubble of sterile and empty abstractions paddoboy. Haven't you ever opened yourself to the surreal power of reality itself? Haven't you ever plunged into the teeming and unpredictable abyss of just happening now? The maddening presence of our demon-haunted world?
I live in the real world my friend, unhindered by those "abstractions" I have listed.

Of course pad , your a simple person . To discuss the FULL NATURE , the full extent of the Nature Universe is quite impossible
:)
Science openly admits to not knowing the full extent of the weirdness, and wonder of the Universe around us, and is constantly working to reveal/explain that.
We do though, at least normal, reasonably thinking people, have a handle on the reality as far as Earth is concerned...even someone as simple as I. :) ;)

Science openly admits to not knowing the full extent of the weirdness, and wonder of the Universe around us, and is constantly working to reveal/explain that.
We do though, at least normal, reasonably thinking people, have a handle on the reality as far as Earth is concerned...even someone as simple as I. :) ;)

Not really .

You think because of your five senses you have a full grasp of the reality around you. You assume these 5 perceptual modes encapsulate all the possible information contained in the multidimensional continuum about you. What if you're wrong? What about dark matter and dark energy? What about the vast radiant stretches of the electromagnetic spectrum beyond the thin sliver of white light we see in? We experience what we have evolved to experience. But we barely scratch the surface of what may be there.

"Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
—Arthur Schopenhauer, Studies in Pessimism

Last edited:
Back