Three parent embryo created

Yes...one man should have two women...LOLOLOL!!! Its the wave of the future!!!

Just kidding.

you know Sam, I dont get why they didnt try it with the fathers DNA. As far as i can see i can see there would be no reason why it wouldnt have worked.

Your not taking into account the fact that mitocondrial DNA doesnt go into the "genetic makeup" of a person. All it does is make ATP, thats why it doesnt matter that it doesnt mix because its just an energy factory basically. It has no baring on your brain or if you have blond hair or anything.

whatever is part of me is me. Under that basis it is not just genes that affect me, it is everything that I start from. ATP is energy ... its like saying my heart which is my energy sector of the body is not really me, because its just energy provider/blood pumping section.

allright allright bear with me

how is mitochondria get in the cell in the first place? Is it not the cell produces the mitochondria? What directs this process if it isnt the DNA of the cell?

tell me, please.

A mitochondria is a cell organelle that is distinct from a nucleus

a2%20animal%20cell.png

It has a genome called mitochondrial DNA or mtDNA

mtDNA2.gif

Since the fathers copy of mitochondrial DNA is destroyed, the child contains only the mothers copy.

3.jpg

allright S.A.M all of this I understood and about the mother's mitochondria inheritance...but the part I do not understand is during the cell division how these mitochnodria are made?

Jesus Christ...this thread is F()§/"=)(CKING intersting!!!

I will definetely be following its development!!!

allright S.A.M all of this I understood and about the mother's mitochondria inheritance...but the part I do not understand is during the cell division how these mitochnodria are made?

Mitochondrial division is based on the energy needs of the cell. When energy needs are high, they grow and divide, when energy needs are low they are destroyed or become inactive.

The mothers cells (ovum) contain the mitochondria, so also the fathers cells (sperm). After fertilisation the resulting fertilised ovum only contains the mothers mitochondria.

When the cell divides into daughter cells, the mitochondria in the parent cell are distributed between the daughter cells.

Jesus Christ...this thread is F()§/"=)(CKING intersting!!!

I will definetely be following its development!!!

Will it be you thou? If this development goes faster than anticipated...soon they might ban us the "old world cromanons" and get to the new female-female-male duogirly dudes

Mitochondrial division is based on the energy needs of the cell. When energy needs are high, they grow and divide, when energy needs are low they are destroyed or become inactive.

The mothers cells (ovum) contain the mitochondria, so also the fathers cells (sperm); after fertilisation the fathers are destroyed, but the mothers are divided as the cell divides.

When the cell divides into daughter cells, the mitochondria in the parent cell are distributed between the daughter cells.

so mitochondria divide by themselves? and it is not controlled by the cell? How could cell allow such? Have there been plans to embed part of the mitochondrial dna into the cells dna so that the cell will be able to control the mitochondria...this does open new possibilities.

so mitochondria divide by themselves? and it is not controlled by the cell? How could cell allow such? Have there been plans to embed part of the mitochondrial dna into the cells dna so that the cell will be able to control the mitochondria...this does open new possibilities.

There are some interesting theories about the origin of mitochondria.

1. mitochondria can only come from other mitochondria and are not "controlled" by the cell cycle.
2. they contain their own DNA
3. Mitochondrial DNA and transfer RNA are similar to those of bacteria

Due to this there is a theory that mitochondria have an extracellular origin and have evolved into a symbiotic relationship with our cells.

classi31.jpg

1. mitochondria can only come from other mitochondria and are not "controlled" by the cell cycle.

Due to this there is a theory that mitochondria have an extracellular origin and have evolved into a symbiotic relationship with our cells.

Yeah I get the endocymbiosis part and symbiotic relationship as well as extracellular origin of the mitochondria with which I agree. However why is it that mitochondria is the one to coexist with the cell so fluelessly that it has become a necessary cell's part and part of all humans? Are there some sort of binding receptors on the mitochondria that let it exist in the cytoplasm? What makes the mitochondria so fluent in the relationship with the cell?

Last edited:
Will it be you thou? If this development goes faster than anticipated...soon they might ban us the "old world cromanons" and get to the new female-female-male duogirly dudes

Gotcha!!!!

I heard a long time ago that they are basically parasites that we cannot live without. I am reading an interesting book about bioenergy systems and I am at the point where the author is beginning to discuss how Mitochondria conduct Positivity...its like electricity, except its protons (or was it photons?) that are moving about. I will look it up this evening and add what I find!

Yeah I get the endocymbiosis part and symbiotic relationship as well as extracellular origin of the mitochondria with which I agree. However why is it that mitochondria is the one to coexist with the cell so fluelessly that it has become a necessary cell's part and part of all humans? Are there some sort of binding receptors on the mitochondria that let it exist in the cytoplasm? What makes the mitochondria so fluent in the relationship with the cell?

Its not only mitochondria, there are similar theories about peroxisomes, although they lack DNA.

how is mitochondria get in the cell in the first place? Is it not the cell produces the mitochondria? What directs this process if it isnt the DNA of the cell?

Mitochondria is a SYMBIONT. It is no more "you" than bacteria in your gut (without which you can no live either, BTW) are "you". Neither are produced by DNA in your chromosomes.

oh ok, i thought they transplanted the mitocondria, sorry sam i must have missread the artical. My apologies

Back