Things are not what they seem

Exploring a theme is a lot more satisfactory than arguing about it.

A red rose absorbs all colours but red; red is therefore the one colour that it is not.
Tiassa,
But it is still a rose - the truth doesn't change.

Do you believe what you see, or what you know? Which is more true? When I see a red rose, I know what I see and why. You see everything except God. What do you see, and why?

Jenyar

Exploring a theme is a lot more satisfactory than arguing about it.
I shan't argue this point. However, I find it highly amusing that so little of what people are exploring has anything to do with the theme of the topic they think they're exploring.
But it is still a rose - the truth doesn't change.
It's only a rose because we agree that the definition of "rose" describes a rose. However, this is not a vital part of the point.
Do you believe what you see, or what you know? Which is more true? When I see a red rose, I know what I see and why. You see everything except God. What do you see, and why?
I find it interesting that we classify things by what they are not. We praise the beauty of the red rose, yet red is its refuse; we praise the beauty of the refuse of the rose.

As for God--what I see and hear of God is actually not God. What people praise is actually not God.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

Spookz

Specifically, I find the degree of presumption to be shocking.

And the presumption is part of the point.

Everybody's just spouting off, and while much of it is useful in other contexts, the fact remains that demonstrably, most don't have a clue what they're talking about. A couple of people have hit close, but not close enough.

The original point was small. I'm just enjoying the rest of it.

thanx,

oh ok!!
lemme bash my nut on the brickwall and see if things improve

ps: i must warn you the peasants are restless and are starting to circle the castle

:D

A great sage ....

I have somewhere, in Idries Shah's Dervish Tales, a footnote about a Sufi master whose reputation preceded him at a fight in present-day Kazakhstan. Unfortunately, the volume is elsewhere, and I cannot recall his name specifically.

Nonetheless, as the Mongols (I believe) prepared to invade the city, word was sent ahead to the master that he would be allowed safe passage from the city in honor or his stature and value to humanity. He declined, choosing to stand with his neighbors, and was later accounted for directly among the 425,000 dead. I must find a record of this battle; it sounds incredible. Alas, I must track down another copy of Shah's book to have a starting place.

Nonetheless, when one seeks to build the shining City on the Hill, one must be prepared to go down in flames.

And for the record, Spookz, you're doing fine. Seriously. I'm just being exceptionally particular about this topic.

I've said before that "Life is _____".

That's actually a huge hint, but only in its own way. As much as I enjoy being cryptic, it's also a functional benefit of this topic. The end point is actually neutral, but nut-smashing is kind of an unfortunate side effect of communicating in this way.

thanx,

Re: Spookz

Originally posted by tiassa
Specifically, I find the degree of presumption to be shocking.
You are, of course, including your own presumptions in this judgment; right?

And the presumption is part of the point.
Its all presumption… well, almost all of it.

Everybody's just spouting off, and while much of it is useful in other contexts, the fact remains that demonstrably, most don't have a clue what they're talking about.
It’s only the unfortunate few who don’t have a clue as to what they’re talking about…
the rest of us just don’t understand what you’re talking about.
Of course, I already said this.

A couple of people have hit close, but not close enough.
Mu

~Raithere

Let me make an auspicious presumtion.

'Things are not what they seem'

'things(reality) are not what they seem (are not what we presume)' So why am I still making presumptions?

It's still too early this morning ... 11:00 AM

Rrrgh ... withdrawn.

--Tiassa :cool:

Things are not what they seem...I thought that was a Twin Peaks quote, they are showing it again on tv here...that's how educated I am..:D
If thing are not what they seem, then they must be exactly what they seem..or?

Seems like Twin Peaks got cancelled...does that mean it's still on?

BTW, Lynch directed a preganancy test commercial that aired during that show...it was pretty good.

All the claptrap herein peddled;
rowing boats in gentle stream
I'll look you up when dust has settled
to hear your disappointed scream

I win.

Back