Things are not what they seem

fadingCaptain

No, Tiassa sorry but you are wrong. This question need not be considered. In fact, no question needs considering for things are not what they seem.
Actually, I think I'm right. After all, you have no idea what you're talking about.

thanx,
Tiassa :cool:

fadingCaptain

It's not that you or anyone else isn't right. Well, a couple of people I've told they're wrong, but aside from that ...

You may well have the right answer.

To a different issue.

That's all it is, because you are correct in the statement that no question needs answering because things are not what they seem. But that answer works for a different question.

"Purple", for instance, is a perfectly fine answer. But what if the question is "Which way do I turn to get to the store?"

thanx,

Things are not what they seem.

*ponders briefly* Huh. Whaddaya know about that?

I'm not actually confused, I just seem confused.

I also seem a bit too lazy to give it more than that. :D

(I'm inclined to just simply say, "That's because we create our own realities, duh.", but that's just too easy.)

Cupric, true enough

Technically I'm running out of patience with this topic, but namely because it grates my nerves to treat people this way. For the most part, people are doing fine. In that respect, I've also received an unintended pleasure from this topic.

I will probably break sometime today or tomorrow, and let everyone in on what I'm doing.

In the meantime, excellent points.

thanx much,

Re: You're almost there, Raithere

Originally posted by tiassa
There is an essential question to be considered as well: Why?
Well, I'm trying to follow your path on this. I do still think my first point was relevant but it was obviously not what you were aiming at.

So how's this answer:

Because we're looking into a mirror.

~Raithere

Re: Cupric, true enough

Originally posted by tiassa
Technically I'm running out of patience with this topic, but namely because it grates my nerves to treat people this way. For the most part, people are doing fine. In that respect, I've also received an unintended pleasure from this topic.

I will probably break sometime today or tomorrow, and let everyone in on what I'm doing.
Aww, come now, this is fun.

~Raithere

Last edited:
Here, a little clue

The pursuit of the material is a vain thing. As Longfellow says:

"Things are not what they seem."
See topic post for source reference.

Thought I'd let y'all in on a little something about what you're trying to talk about.

thanx,

PS on Edit: Raithere, you're right, it is kind of fun. I thought it might be interesting to show a little more of the source, though. Dollars to donuts, though, that people will still miss.

Everything Is Meaningless

"Everything is meaningless," says the Teacher, "utterly
meaningless!" What do people get for all their hard work?
Generations come and go, but nothing really changes. The sun
rises and sets and hurries around to rise again. The wind blows
south and north, here and there, twisting back and forth, getting
nowhere. The rivers run into the sea, but the sea is never full.
Then the water returns again to the rivers and flows again to the
sea. Everything is so weary and tiresome! No matter how much
we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear,
we are not content. History merely repeats itself. It has all been
done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new.
-Ecclesiastes 1:2-9 (NLT)

The pursuit of the material is a vain thing

"No one can serve two masters; for either he will
hate the one and love the other, or else he will be
loyal to the one and despise the other. You cannot
serve God and mammon." -Matthew 6:24 (NKJV)

It doesn't matter, seemingly

Galatians 2:6
As for those who seemed to be important–whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not judge by external appearance–those men added nothing to my message.

2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

There is no Death! What seems so is transition;
This life of mortal breath
Is but a suburb of the life elysian,
Whose portal we call Death.
-Longfellow, Resignation

uhh yea

As far as I can see, there has yet to be a question asked, how are all of you coming up with answers, and being judged whether you are right or wrong? You are answering nothing.....

Good point!

Hockeywings
As far as I can see, there has yet to be a question asked, how are all of you coming up with answers, and being judged whether you are right or wrong? You are answering nothing.....
Well, that establishes how they're wrong, doesn't it? The degree of presumption is amusing to me, and nearly shocking.

Jenyar
2 Corinthians 4:18
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
A red rose absorbs all colours but red; red is therefore the one colour that it is not. (Perdurabo, Psalm 40, The Himog)

thanx,

Originally posted by spookz
way more convenient to accept that things are more or less as they appear.

do you mean to say you find this quote presumptuous and shocking?

:)

out with it tiassa
the anticipation is killing me

"Things are not what they seem"

That can also include this thread. Which so far
seems pretty absurd and pointless. Or is it?
Perhaps this thread is not what it seems. ;)

"Objects in the mirror are closer then they appear" - quote from the anoyumous person who typed it up and printed it out on little clear stickers and place them statregically on every car mirror to teach us a life lesson.

Back