There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life

Perhaps you're right, Enmos. Maybe there's a polar bear out there thats perfecting a set of gills.....The other will just have to...uh,hum...hold their breath.

Oh come on.. please just spend some time trying to understand evolution, with an unbiased mind.

Probability, my friend. The complex patterns and recognizable specifications found throughout genetic code are destroying idea of life's origin being that of chance. Smarter men than you and I (atheists, no less) are deserting the theory every day.

But, by it's nature, science is always changing.

At the risk of starting another discussion about evolution, let me just say that it's a common misconception that evolution is the same as chance. It is in fact the exact opposite of chance. This knowledge is as old as Darwin, and it is why evolution is such a powerful explanation for complexity.

Whether or not time is infinite is irrelevant. The Earth has not been around for an infinite amount of time.

But infinite time in a syntropic system would allow for all possibilities and all variations to manifest eventually.

That means there would be a parallel universe where you didn't eat that cookie last night after dinner but everything before that was exactly the same.

This would make clusteringflux's Flagellar Motor not only chance but also inevitable.

There have also been peer-reviewed papers on the exact problem of how the flaggellum developed. There are creatures with most of the parts required for a fleggellum motor, only it doesn't rotate.

But infinite time in a syntropic system would allow for all possibilities and all variations to manifest eventually.

That means there would be a parallel universe where you didn't eat that cookie last night after dinner but everything before that was exactly the same.

This would make clusteringflux's Flagellar Motor not only chance but also inevitable.

And that's exactly how evolution does not work.

Funny thing, one of the reasons I became interested in God is because I saw how Christians were able to stop worrying and enjoy their lives. This was a big contrast to the non-believers I'd spent much of my life around.

This is an interesting point. I was a Christian and I learned how to stop worrying and enjoy my life. Now, i've removed God from the equation. I have found that I worry even less and am equipped to deal with situations better. I am also more caring about others than myself.

As a Christian you get so tied up into how your own spiritual walk is, that you forget others. Which really is counterproductive to the being a Christian anyway.

It is almost as if Christianity was my cure, and i'm better now, so it would be only harmful to continue taking my medicine?

Check out my thread on religion as a cure. I think your point hits home to what I am trying to say there.

I think these messages aren't directed at religious people. They are directed to people who are leaning atheist and just need a little support.

Oh come on.. please just spend some time trying to understand evolution, with an unbiased mind.

....it was a joke (in poor taste), and I apologize.

Seems I have to cut it short. Real life beckons.
Talk to you guys next time.

....it was a joke (in poor taste), and I apologize.

Seems I have to cut it short. Real life beckons.
Talk to you guys next time.

No need to apologize.. :p
But seriously, see if you can find the interest to learn a little bit about evolution :)

Back