Theory of Life, the Universe, and Everything

I suppose you feel you have reason to be proud of your delusion?
Me, I am grateful for your lesson in "gratitude" and how liberating freedom is, from the self-delusion that pride creates.....

peace on Earth,
QQ

Meh, 'tis not so simple.

Being the Paradox, I am no more and no less proud of My delusion than I am more or less deluded by My pride.

Moreover, I agree that I am grateful. Nonetheless, contradicting Myself, I am grateful and unappreciative for My lesson in both Self-respect and Self-contempt as well as in both Self-gratitude and Self-ingratitude, recognizing that I liberate and enslave Myself, create and destroy Myself, elevate and humble Myself.

Peace on Earth, My Brother and Sage Friend,

Ik

This was a short but fun blog piece on QM and GR:

Link:

Resolving quantum gravity: Theoretical unification of quantum mechanics and general relativity with the photogyre | The Theory

Excerpt:

The information paradox is an interesting problem in cosmology and astrophysics regarding black holes (Figure 1). Bekenstein and Hawking went at it over this matter, but that’s another story that has made its way into many nonfiction books. Basically, the paradox, as stated in wiki:
The black hole information paradox results from the combination of quantum mechanics and general relativity. It suggests that physical information could disappear in a black hole, allowing many physical states to evolve into the same state. This is a contentious subject since it violates a commonly assumed tenet of science—that in principle complete information about a physical system at one point in time should determine its state at any other time. A postulate of quantum mechanics is that complete information about a system is encoded in its wave function, an abstract concept not present in classical physics.

For the unindoctrinated in scientific terminology and concepts, this is a lot to take in. Thus, it is useful to shed light on several aspects of this matter. Quantum mechanics (QM) and general relativity (GR) are the two major mathematical models of the physical realm. Quite simply, QM models things small and GR models things big. There’s more to it than that, honestly; go to the links or do a web search if interested.

What’s important to know is this: there is no single theory that has been able to unify these two physical models - the goal being a theory of quantum gravity. More on this below.

Peace on Earth,

Ik

Back