Theologian on The Passion: "... then we should not worship that God."

JesusisLord51 said:
Okay, apparently you seem not to understand. This was not pointless violence. This was the true story of our savior suffering for us. In our place.

Did this movie even make you think a little?
No, not at all.

JesusisLord51 said:
Maybe like, "Why are they doing that to him?"
Yeah, seeing that a whole bunch of people weren't going to believe it anyways.

JesusisLord51 said:
It was a reminder to us what Jesus went through for our sake.
Or an attempt to guilt trip people into believing.

JesusisLord51 said:
Thou shalt not judge whilst thou knowest not.
EVERYBODY TAKE NOTE!

JesusisLord51 said:
You don't. You really don't know. I know that you may think "Stupid Christians think they know everything." We don't. But what we are assured is eternal life. You are bitter towards us because you haven't experienced Jesus. And don't tell me you have. Because when you establish a relationship with Jesus, you're saved. You hate me because I love you enough to tell you how you can spend eternity with Jesus and the rest of us Christians.

I don't hate you but if you want me to so you could shove it in my face, too bad. And each person has their own truth. And each person thinks they're right. And obviously Christians don't know everything. I am not bitter towards you, I just don't agree.

JesusisLord51 said:
Isn't it funny how the truth tends to hurt the most?.
When everybody shoves a different "truth" at you, you learn to just ignore it.

Peace,
Ebony

The truth??? What is the truth you speak of? Let me see.....Hmmmm???? I think the truth is this.........No......I mean that..........Opps, Pardon me, I guess I'm a little confused on what the truth really is......I guess I'll go and watch "The Passion Of The Christ" again and maybe if I'm lucky, I'll find out what the truth is......Or better yet, maybe you can tell the rest of us what you think the truth really is..........

Atta Boy :)

Norman said:
The truth??? What is the truth you speak of? Let me see....Hmmmm???? I think the truth is this.......No....I mean that........Opps, Pardon me, I guess I'm a little confused on what the truth really is....I guess I'll go and watch "The Passion Of The Christ" again and maybe if I'm lucky, I'll find out what the truth is....Or better yet, maybe you can tell the rest of us what you think the truth really is......
M*W: There is no truth to the Jesus story. There is no virgin birth in the Jesus story. There is no circumcision on Epiphany in the Jesus story. There is no learning at the temple when he's twelve in the Jesus story. There is no ministry of Jesus in the Jesus story. There is no scourging in the Jesus story. There is no crucifixion in the Jesus story. There is no death on the cross in the Jesus story. There is no resurrection in the Jesus story. There is no burial in Joseph of Arimathea's tomb in the Jesus story. There is the fact that Jesus was handed over to his family. There is truth that Jesus sailed away with Mary Magdalene and his child/children to the South of France. There is truth to the fact that MM may have been our savior through her divine womb and vine. Therefore, we are one with Jesus and MM and have evolved as their progeny.

You're reading to many Scifi comics........You better cut back, otherwise people will think you're crazy........

Atta Boy

Conservatives demonstrate that they just don't get it

I ... I thought at first this was a satire site. My present opinion is that it's not. Rather, it's just a conservative periodical.

But a couple of articles on Mel's movie:

• "Q&A: Who was Pontius Pilate?" See http://www.houstonreview.com/0204/pilate.htm
• "Mel Gibson's 'Passion' Gives Us an Opportunity to Think for Ourselves." See http://www.houstonreview.com/0204/gibson.htm

There's also an article on the controversy -

• "The ADL and 'The Passion'." See http://www.houstonreview.com/0204/adlpassion.htm

- that is just a conservative take on the controversy.

I'll give Mel Gibson the last word, though ... it's the discussion largely being avoided by the hype:
. . . . critics who have a problem with me don't really have a problem with me in this film. They have a problem with the four Gospels. That's where their problem is.

Last edited:
Back