The What Would Jesus do Thread.

Explain how it's not.

Yup, more specious crap. What you're saying, in effect, is just accept it.

YES. If you can accept love into your heart then mercy on your soul. Thats what God gives us.

I would tie your head in knots if I even started to help you understand.

Except the singer sounds like a smurf.

Hey Don't you be bad mouthing Papa Smurf the ( Dyw) BLUE PERSON
Didn't you like Papa smurf ideology. My girls did . They thought he was the greatest . Papa Smurf .
Whaja think of Freddie Mercury and the band Queen ?

YES. If you can accept love into your heart then mercy on your soul. Thats what God gives us.

I would tie your head in knots if I even started to help you understand.

My Soul A. I live there. It is in the mountain . Its called the Big sky . We drink beer . It is Good . Beer is Good . Not to much though . We will cut you off if you dink to much . We got love in our hearts bro . Did you figure out who the children of liberty are yet . Go back and read your bible and it might all surprise you . After you read it go look in the mirror

My Soul A. I live there. It is in the mountain . Its called the Big sky . We drink beer . It is Good . Beer is Good . Not to much though . We will cut you off if you dink to much . We got love in our hearts bro . Did you figure out who the children of liberty are yet . Go back and read your bible and it might all surprise you . After you read it go look in the mirror

What?

Originally Posted by Adstar
What version of the bible did you quote this passage?

Here is the passage in the NKJV

Matthew 6
5 “And when you pray, you shall not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. 7 And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do. For they think that they will be heard for their many words.
8 “Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him. 9 In this manner, therefore, pray:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.
10 Your kingdom come.
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
As we forgive our debtors.
13 And do not lead us into temptation,
But deliver us from the evil one.
For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

This translation to me seem the better. Because if Jesus was telling people to pray that prayer then He would have been creating a standardized repetitious prayer which is called the Our father (at lest in catholic circles, i used to be a catholic)

I believe Jesus was describing a manner in which to pray rather then establishing a standardized prayer for people to repeat again and again word for word. If He was doing that then it would be inconsistent with His call not to do repetitions prayers.

See how I read that is like this . Like it is talking to Me . Me being evil and all . The evil one is the kingdom and the power and glory forever . Amen !!
Why , Because life is for the living and if you are not making mistakes in life you are not doing anything . Cause shit brakes down . Things decay and fail . Life dies . Face the death . You to are part of the cause just by living .
Life and death are part of the same thing . Regeneration happens because of it . People die that you may live . It was not just Jesus that did this . Some one right know is doing it

Sorry i cannot see any relation between what you have posted above with what i posted.

My post is about Christian prayer and how it should never be scripted. Jesus was giving a outline of the way to pray rather then establishing a cripted prayer.

"The evil one is the kingdom and the power and glory forever . Amen"

So the Kingdom of God is the evil one to you? I don't get it. Why do you call the Kingdom of God evil?

"Because life is for the living and if you are not making mistakes in life you are not doing anything "

What does this have to do with the Kingdom of God?

"You to are part of the cause just by living"

Part of the cause of What?

"People die that you may live"

Who dies that i may live?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

‘Our Father in heaven,
simple straight forward..this is who the prayer is for..

hallowed be your name,
gives him authority
10 your kingdom come.
your will be done,
atheist should not have a problem with this verse..ie no god, no will..
this is the verse that i think of when ppl pray..most prayers i have heard are always praying for themselves or others medical condition..neither of which may or may not line up with Gods will..
on earth as it is in heaven.
just says heaven is different that earth and it would be desirable to have earth be like heaven,some would argue that it is saying that earth IS just like heaven..(i have a tough time believing that..)
11 Give us today our daily bread,
simple straight forward..a prayer for food, something we need to survive on this earth..
12 Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors
it would be easier to forgive our debtors if they would forgive us..
do you hate it when a collection company calls you everyday?

13 And lead us not into temptation,
i don't think there is a human on the planet that doesn't think temptation is an issue..
but deliver us from the evil one.’
notice how this verse follows immediately after don't be tempted?
(cause/effect?)

I would love to see some forum/threads dedicated to the honest scrutiny of biblical verses, not a debate as to validity of verses, but a study to scrutinize their true meanings..
unfortunately their are too many anti-theist here to effectively do this.
(they are more interested in creating conflict than to actually study the material they fight against.)

Sorry i cannot see any relation between what you have posted above with what i posted.

My post is about Christian prayer and how it should never be scripted. Jesus was giving a outline of the way to pray rather then establishing a cripted prayer.

"The evil one is the kingdom and the power and glory forever . Amen"

So the Kingdom of God is the evil one to you? I don't get it. Why do you call the Kingdom of God evil?

"Because life is for the living and if you are not making mistakes in life you are not doing anything "

What does this have to do with the Kingdom of God?

"You to are part of the cause just by living"

Part of the cause of What?

"People die that you may live"

Who dies that i may live?

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Evil Because that has to happen before the kingdom of heaven is realized . 9/11. Evil was one event that brought us to this day . I call it a wake up call . Wake up . The cause of what ask " The Evil " Your part of it by your conditioning
Who died for you so you might live . I got one hell over an example for you I doubt you will dispute

JESUS

I would love to see some forum/threads dedicated to the honest scrutiny of biblical verses, not a debate as to validity of verses, but a study to scrutinize their true meanings..
unfortunately their are too many anti-theist here to effectively do this.
(they are more interested in creating conflict than to actually study the material they fight against.)

Matthew 6:7
“And when you are pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

This describes many people on this forum, sorry, the truth is grim.

8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
9 “This, then, is how you should pray:
‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,

This line is to be taken literally. The holy name of God, YHWH.

10 your kingdom come.

This is speaking on the goal of our Heavenly Father to bring Heaven upon the Earth.

your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Just as your will is law in Heaven, it is on Earth.

11 Give us today our daily bread,

Help if nothing else just to feed my daily hunger.

12 Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.

If you want forgiveness, give forgiveness.

13 And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.’

If God were evil he would lead us to temptation daily.

Evil Because that has to happen before the kingdom of heaven is realized . 9/11. Evil was one event that brought us to this day . I call it a wake up call . Wake up . The cause of what ask " The Evil " Your part of it by your conditioning
Who died for you so you might live . I got one hell over an example for you I doubt you will dispute

JESUS

Jesus did not die FOR us, he died because of us. The Christian church really pisses me off. If you love God you should NOT be a Christian. This is why Jesus returns to Earth with a sword not as a baby.

Back